Metal Storm logo
Chrome Division - Change Vocalist

Guitarist Shagrath has issued the following update on behalf of Chrome Division:

"Hail all you Rock 'n' Rollers out there! We thought it would be the right time for a little update from Hell, to all the Chromers out there. A lot of things are happening in the Chrome Camp these days, and not everything is ok for some...

First and foremost, we've decided to part ways with Eddie Guz, the voice of Chrome since 2005. He's out, due to lack of dedication and commitment to the band. Since the band is more active than ever, it would only slow down the tempo of achieving their future goals. This decision needed to be done for the benefit of Chrome Division. Eddie Guz will still remain a friend and a drinking buddy, but sometimes friendship and music don't always blend easily together. But we ensure our fans that there is no need to worry.

In February, Shady Blue (Athera of Susperia) stepped in for Eddie on a gig in Germany, and the result was very pleasing for both the band and the fans. So we are happy to announce that Shady Blue has now become a full worthy permanent singer in Chrome Division.

The breakup had some consequences in form of the cancellation of two festival jobs in Germany, which is totally unfortunate and really frustrating for the band, but sometimes the shit hits the fan for real... Nevertheless, a concert in London is booked for October 2nd and our hometown, Oslo, will get Chromed the 30th of November. So the live situation doesn't look too bad after all.

Anyway, we also want to enlighten and share with our fans that Chrome Division is in a full creative process of completing the material for our third album. Only a few more songs to complete before it's ready to be recorded. We're aiming for a release sometime next year.

A new member, new oil in the engine, new boost and a new era. Await the 3rd chapter of unholy rock n' roll!"

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Chrome Division
Posted: 01.09.2009 by SlaytallicA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 68 users
01.09.2009 - 16:15
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
There seems to be a lot of line-up changes in the projects Shaggy's in these days. I wonder if there somehow connected.
01.09.2009 - 16:34
Jon

Written by Paradox0 on 01.09.2009 at 16:15

There seems to be a lot of line-up changes in the projects Shaggy's in these days. I wonder if there somehow connected.

Somehow, it is this post, not the other one, which makes me feel as if Dimmu Borgir as we know it is gone forever. Seems like Shagrath has his eye on making money fast with both his bands (or what he obviously considers 'his' bands) and no-one is getting in his way. What a douche. And to add insult to injury, no comment on Dimmu Borgir. It is almost like he is rubbing it in by saying an official goodbye to Guz but not to Vortex or Mustis. Seeing as he is so pedantic when it comes to vocalists, maybe he should listen to his own vocal performance once in a while.
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
01.09.2009 - 19:46
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Jon on 01.09.2009 at 16:34

Somehow, it is this post, not the other one, which makes me feel as if Dimmu Borgir as we know it is gone forever. Seems like Shagrath has his eye on making money fast with both his bands (or what he obviously considers 'his' bands) and no-one is getting in his way. What a douche. And to add insult to injury, no comment on Dimmu Borgir. It is almost like he is rubbing it in by saying an official goodbye to Guz but not to Vortex or Mustis. Seeing as he is so pedantic when it comes to vocalists, maybe he should listen to his own vocal performance once in a while.

I agree with you, seems like things with Vortex and Mustis ended in a very harsh way. When bands go for money, their musical part gets hurt. So sad.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
01.09.2009 - 21:44
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Written by Daggon on 01.09.2009 at 19:46

Written by Jon on 01.09.2009 at 16:34

I agree with you, seems like things with Vortex and Mustis ended in a very harsh way. When bands go for money, their musical part gets hurt. So sad.

Yeah, it's a real pitty that Mustic is gone as I saw him as one of the more pivitol members of the band. Kind of sad to see them go the way of cradle (keyboardwise anyways)
02.09.2009 - 01:04
Symmachus

Well, it looks like Athera got himself another band position. Congrats to him. However, I am starting to get a little suspicious about Shagrath...
02.09.2009 - 11:19
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
/friendship. DENIED EDDIE GUZ
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
02.09.2009 - 11:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Sounds close enough. Looking Forward to the new album.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.09.2009 - 12:00
TheBigRossowski

Shagrath is probably praying every night before he goes to bed, ''Lord, pleeeease, make me famous, pleeeeassse!!! I swear we'll stop acting evil if you get us as well known as Brittney Spears!''
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
03.09.2009 - 23:39
terrorist

Well it was about time i hope they will get someone better.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related

Hits total: 2616 | This month: 3