Metal Storm logo
Autechre

02.09.2009 - 22:39
Elio
Red Nightmare
I had heard great things about this IDM/Electronic project, so I got all their discography to listen little by little.

Today I started with their debut, Incunanbula (1993) and I think it's great. I didn't expect this to be so good, maybe even better than the master Aphex Twin. I can't wait to their other albums to fill my ears, I think I've found another great band for me.

Anybody else into this band?
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
14.09.2009 - 02:20
ß
Problem?
I've enjoyed the stuff that I've heard, the release I'm most familiar with by them is Amber.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
14.09.2009 - 04:54
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
If you like Autechre you should check out Muslimgauze
14.09.2009 - 20:27
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by jupitreas on 14.09.2009 at 04:54

If you like Autechre you should check out Muslimgauze

Well, listening to more of their stuff, I've realised they're a bit repetitive (or maybe I'm still an IDM noob). Never heard of Muslimgauze, I'll give'em a chance, thank you.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
20.09.2016 - 21:19
3rdWorld
China was a neat
These guys fucking RULE. They are basically Aphex Twin minus the pop sensibility, easy listening element and brevity and totally over the top experimentation. Just look at their almost nonsense style song titles, will give you and idea of their almost glitch/found music style sensibility.

Here is some of the lesser known apart from the universally praised Tri Repeatae, Gantz Graf ep etc. The beats are almost free style like played on a ethnic percussion instrument and sounds tasty awesome.