Metal Storm logo
Best Epic Songs About War

14.09.2009 - 14:13
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I am looking for more songs like Iron Maiden's Paschendale or Sabaton's The Price Of A Mile

of course most of Sabaton's songs are "epic songs about war"...and many Maiden's as well...but tell me your suggestions and tips
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

14.09.2009 - 14:39
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Nothing in that direction comes even close to Sabaton
14.09.2009 - 14:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
To many mentioned, cant remeber all and I even wont try remneber all
Grave Digger - Rebelion and album ''Tunes Of War''
Iron Maiden - ''Trooper'', ''Tailgunner'' ''Pachendaile''
Saxon - ''Dogs Of War'' sorry I cant name all songs about war, but there many my suggestion is try go true all countries in Metal-Archives what I did , from A till Z, ok UK and USA left for me , try get all bands what you like there and get all songs what can , it takes 4 years because for me it tock 4 years ehhhh man

But war songs it can HM, lil BM bands alos fiew PM bands
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.09.2009 - 15:17
Valentin B
Iconoclast
There is just one song that is absolutely essential here.

Saxon - Crusader(with the album intro, The Crusader Prelude)

it's pretty much the most epic war song possible that doesn't cross the border into cheese metal. if this doesn't send chills up and down your spine for 7 minutes straight, there's something wrong with you. COME CRUSADER LET BATTLE COMMENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14.09.2009 - 15:37
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Someone fell in love with Saxon, eh? but yeah, the song is very nice

i was but about to mention, that i have forgotten Iced Earth's "Gettysburg trilogy"...The Devil To Pay, Hold At All Costs and High Water Mark, all three are perfect
----

14.09.2009 - 18:07
Written by Ellrohir on 14.09.2009 at 14:13

I am looking for more songs like Iron Maiden's Paschendale or Sabaton's The Price Of A Mile

... which both are about the same battle. (The Battle of Paschendale during the World War I)
----
Look, The old Bitch is back!
14.09.2009 - 22:11
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Peuranpuolikas on 14.09.2009 at 18:07

... which both are about the same battle. (The Battle of Paschendale during the World War I)

i knew that fact, but thanks for noticing
----

14.09.2009 - 22:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ellrohir on 14.09.2009 at 15:37

Someone fell in love with Saxon, eh? but yeah, the song is very nice

i was but about to mention, that i have forgotten Iced Earth's "Gettysburg trilogy"...The Devil To Pay, Hold At All Costs and High Water Mark, all three are perfect

well i find that it's a bit of overkill, i mean sure it's pretty much a chronicle of the main events in Gettysburg transcribed into music, but the whole thing is fucking half an hour, i mean individually each song is great and absurdly epic at times, but i think it's a bit too cheesy.
14.09.2009 - 22:57
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
"not being cheesy" wasnt my requirement for this topic
----

14.09.2009 - 23:06
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
The French band ADX did some songs about history, so war is a topic of course. Livide (sung in French) on their latest album Division Blindée is about the Chemin des Dames battle during WWI

But in this category, nothing existing can hope to beat Iced Earth's Gettysburg in my eyes.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
14.09.2009 - 23:31
Charly546
Omen - Battle Cry (from their first album "Battle Cry") is something that could satisfy your need for epicness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPkcTXswO28

You'd also might want to check out the debut album ("Legions of the Dead") and it's follow-up ("Too Late to Pray") by the USA band Tyrant. If epic is what you want, then you won't be disappointed.
26.09.2009 - 23:36
SimPel
Account deleted
Turisas - Battle Metal

The title speaks for itself.
27.09.2009 - 00:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
But i wont call it epic too much...there isnt any plot in the song...it is nice "battle hymn" indeed, but not epic song
----

28.09.2009 - 00:05
MetallicA
I know of the songs posted on here...I was gonna suggest some thrash & death metal songs but I guess you want power metal stuff. The 4th of July is Independence Day for the US (you're not from the US so I don't expect you to know that but if you do, cool!) and when I DJed for my university's radio station, one year my show fell on the 4th of July so I did a war theme and played nothing but metal songs that were about war in some way. It was really cool. I can post that playlist if you want.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
28.09.2009 - 01:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Defintely...feel free to post it
----

28.09.2009 - 02:06
ToMegaTherion
Iron Maiden has a few songs about war. "The Trooper" and "Pachendale" to name just two of the more obvious ones.
Iced Earth - Their epic story of "Gettysburg" in a 34 minute second CD. It is an interesting story, also from Iced Earth, "Declaration Day", "Greenface", "Invasion" and "Waterloo" to name just a few of theirs.
Megadeth has a few as well "Take No Prisoners", "Gears of War" and "Blackmail the Universe"
Metallica's "One"
Black Sabbath has a few "War Pigs" is just one

Im have a bit of a mental blank now, but the list goes on. @MetallicA id be more than interested to read your playlist.
28.09.2009 - 21:57
*Obligatory Bolt Thrower reference*
01.10.2009 - 06:29
bard
Yeah, I guess it depends on your interpretation of epic, but Bolt Thrower can really do it for me. The song "...For Victory" is a good example: just perfect groove, perfectly executed perfect lyrics, an intense and threatening atmosphere...nice solo. The ending lines, "We will remember them...we will remember them." Epic.
----
07.10.2009 - 01:09
gibsonrcock53
One-Metallica!
It's about a guy losing pretty much his whole body in the war, so I guess that counts?
If not, then The Trooper
----
Live Free, Rock Hard
07.10.2009 - 01:21
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I kinda like One, but i would certainly prefer The Trooper when you mentioned it
----

24.10.2009 - 20:49
Hanyuchan
The Trooper by Iron Maiden
31.12.2009 - 04:57
SatyriconChick
Try anything by Bolt Thrower.
31.12.2009 - 19:18
Warlock84
Anything by Bolt Thrower, Amon Amarth, or any song from Iced Earth's "The Glorious Burden" album. Any war song by Slayer or Iron Maiden.

'Battle Song' or 'Into Battle' by Ensiferum
'Valor' by Alabama Thunderpussy
----
All we are is the passion that burns inside us
05.02.2011 - 17:38
marouco
Written by Charly546 on 14.09.2009 at 23:31

Omen - Battle Cry (from their first album "Battle Cry") is something that could satisfy your need for epicness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPkcTXswO28

You'd also might want to check out the debut album ("Legions of the Dead") and it's follow-up ("Too Late to Pray") by the USA band Tyrant. If epic is what you want, then you won't be disappointed.

x1
05.02.2011 - 22:19
Luneth
Account deleted
'Into The Storm', Tyr and 'Holy War', Dragonland. Two incredible songs with equally incredible lyrics.
06.02.2011 - 17:56
moe5512
I'd say that Sabaton is the masters of the "war" theme
06.02.2011 - 18:05
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by moe5512 on 06.02.2011 at 17:56

Yeah and if I release an album called 'The Art of War' I'll be the master of war as well.
06.02.2011 - 21:06
moe5512
Written by Guest on 06.02.2011 at 18:05

Yeah and if I release an album called 'The Art of War' I'll be the master of war as well.

well you could always try... but I seriously doubt your skills in making "epic war" music
06.02.2011 - 21:08
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by moe5512 on 06.02.2011 at 21:06

Written by Guest on 06.02.2011 at 18:05

well you could always try... but I seriously doubt your skills in making "epic war" music

So do I to be honest
11.02.2011 - 19:43
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
RAM- "Suomussalmi (The Few Of Iron)", "Ghost Pilot"
Artillery- "Bombfood"
Testament- "Shades of War"
Iron Maiden- "The Longest Day" "Aces High" as well as the ones mentioned above
Kreator- "Ghetto War", "Violent Revolution"
Slayer- "Expendable Youth", "Unit 731"
Intolerant- "God Of War"
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.