Metal Storm logo
Best Old School British Band

Original post

Posted by Haddonfield, 28.10.2009 - 00:57
A fellow member suggested I open a poll to find of who, in your humble opinion, is the best British band. However, after consideration, and taking into account the vast amount of British bands, I thought it would be wiser to split the poll into two different ones, one dedicated to old school metal and one to the more modern inspired bands.

My answer to this poll, concerning old school bands, is Judas Priest. They had a sound in the 70s that was unprecedented and in my opinion, although most of their work is great, produced their best material 20 years after they started, which cannot be said for many bands. Halford also has one of the best voices in the field.

Poll

Who in your opinion is the best old school British band?

Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
Judas Priest
Other (which one?)
Led Zeppelin
Motorhead
Venom
Saxon
Deep Purple

Total votes: 70
17.11.2009 - 02:24
IronBlackZepp
I can not choose between Zeppelin, Sabbath, Priest, or Maiden. I have been a fan of Zepp the longest but still I cant choose, they are all great.
17.11.2009 - 03:40
jollygreen
Led Zeppelin theres just so much variations of style its mind blowing. It saddens me I'm the onlly one to vote for them ...... at least Judas Priest is up there but Black Sabbath would be my second choice.
17.11.2009 - 19:09
Overlord_PT
Iron maiden i would say...
22.11.2009 - 15:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
CRYS - http://www.myspace.com/crysroc
NWOBHM band from Walles who's all lyrics are in Welsh langauge not englsih, IMO only band in HM weho use gealic/celtic langauge into music, awesomne, try it out , because its unique and rear even if its be in english, in I doubt they be so good
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.11.2009 - 17:33
TheOwl
What can you say about the land that (arguably) gave birth to our music? Which band to name as "the best"????
This is a really TOUGH question cause every single band you mention had it own significant roles to the evolution of metal....
Only for extremely personal reason my vote goes to Maiden..................
22.11.2009 - 18:02
ja-vi
This one is easy, Maiden is the band that got me into metal, so there is no alternative. I still enjoy listening to every single Maiden album, they all are masterpieces in their own way. And if they happen to play in the country, attendance is a definite must!
02.02.2013 - 05:43
squidrick420
SABBATH!!! They will always be one of the best bands ever. this was tough because there are several good bands to choose from, I am a little suprised to see Maiden as #1 by such a landslide. Sure they are really good, but in my opinion they would fall down to 5th on this page, my order being Sabbath, Motorhead, Priest, Venom, and then Maiden.
02.02.2013 - 20:03
Berserk
Maiden, Priest, or Zeppelin for me.

All of them are incredible, but... I'l pick Maiden. They're just too good...
----
Fear the Old Blood
03.02.2013 - 20:24
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Venom for me. They may not have been the best musicians, but I like their music a bit more than the rest of the other bands on this list. Motorhead and Judas Priest are close as well.
03.02.2013 - 22:16
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Iron Maiden is one of the more consistent bands in all of metal for me (in the best way possible). Each of their albums (even their bad ones) have something great to offer and many of them are highly enjoyable to listen to.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).