Metal Storm logo
Mortal Kombat

Original post

Posted by Hamird, 04.11.2009 - 20:38
I think almost all of people who play video games and fighting games have heard of this video-game series.. I like this game very much.. And my most ambitious moments of my playing video games is confirming Fatality Finishers.. After all I opened this thread to discuss about them.
Talking about which version of this game is your favorite.. Mine is Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, which I played on my old Sega Genesis.. And also Mortal Kombat Unchained (Exclusively for PSP) is very good..
And also talk about your favorite characters. Mortal Kombat characters are very interesting. Sub Zero, Scorpion, Jax, Raptile, Quan Chi, Goro, Noob Saibot, Sektor, Cyrax, Baraka and many other characters are products of creative mind of Ed Boon. They're all great sci-fi characters..
My favorite is mainly Kabal. I mostly play arcade with him. His finishers are interesting and his style looks interesting too.
So let the thread begin..

P.S. I'm not sure if there's a thread for Mortal Kombat. I searched the forum and I found nothing. So if there's one lock it.
03.08.2011 - 21:25
@gent_-_orange
Written by Angelic Storm on 03.08.2011 at 21:16

Written by @gent_-_orange on 03.08.2011 at 21:06

The only thing i didn't like about the game was the fact that this stage wasn't included in it.

That was a huge disappointment for me too, that they didn't include that stage. Its such an iconic early MK stage... leaving that out was a big oversight, imo...

Indeed... Its disappointing we couldn't see that stage fatality in all its 3d glory
04.08.2011 - 00:22
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Written by @gent_-_orange on 03.08.2011 at 20:26

Written by Powerslavex on 03.08.2011 at 20:04

Thumbs down to this MK sequel i think MK 2 , 3 are still the best be far

IMO if I played it now I would think those games havent aged well. If you take your nostalgia goggles off (I dont mean you personally btw) when playing these games you will most likely think they havent aged well ... the only difference between characters are the fatalities and the special moves, dont get me wrong I am a fan of the old MK but the earliest games relied on the gore to sell as there wasnt much depth in the game play..... this new MK has a lot more depth and longevity and is better off because of it.

yes maybe u r right but man i played the story mode it was so annoying maybe i should give it another chance
04.08.2011 - 00:46
@gent_-_orange
Quote:
Written by Powerslavex on 04.08.2011 at 00:22

yes maybe u r right but man i played the story mode it was so annoying maybe i should give it another chance

What don't you like about the story mode?
04.08.2011 - 01:03
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Quote:
Written by @gent_-_orange on 04.08.2011 at 00:46

Written by Powerslavex on 04.08.2011 at 00:22

What don't you like about the story mode?
it just goes on and on and on without stopping also u cant save when u want and i found it a bit silly maybe its just me but i like MK simple just 2 guys bashing each others heads without the side show
04.08.2011 - 01:08
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
What? You can't save on the story mode?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
04.08.2011 - 01:58
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.08.2011 at 01:08

It automatically saves after you clear each part.
04.08.2011 - 02:45
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 04.08.2011 at 01:58

Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.08.2011 at 01:08

It automatically saves after you clear each part.

So you can just turn off everything and when you start the game again and go to the story mode it just starts in the part where you left? Sweet.
----
Rod, let me love you.
04.08.2011 - 02:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.08.2011 at 02:45
So you can just turn off everything and when you start the game again and go to the story mode it just starts in the part where you left? Sweet.

Yep, that is exactly what happens! xD It took me 3 seperate sittings to finish story mode.
04.08.2011 - 03:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 04.08.2011 at 02:52

Yep, that is exactly what happens! xD It took me 3 seperate sittings to finish story mode.

I can't even think about how long it would take to do it in just one friggin sitting.
Even if you were a fucking veteran and won every single timeit will still take a long time since it is like a damn movie XD.
----
Rod, let me love you.
05.08.2011 - 02:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.08.2011 at 03:22
I can't even think about how long it would take to do it in just one friggin sitting.
Even if you were a fucking veteran and won every single timeit will still take a long time since it is like a damn movie XD.

You probably could do it one sitting... if you spent literally a whole day without a break doing it.

I did die a few times while going through the story mode, but even if I never died once, I probably still couldn't have done it in one sitting... It is like a movie, and that's what I thought was great about it! Although it'd have been good if you could have gone the bad characters in the story as well.
05.08.2011 - 02:38
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 05.08.2011 at 02:06

You probably could do it one sitting... if you spent literally a whole day without a break doing it.

I did die a few times while going through the story mode, but even if I never died once, I probably still couldn't have done it in one sitting... It is like a movie, and that's what I thought was great about it! Although it'd have been good if you could have gone the bad characters in the story as well.

Yeah I thought the same about the bad guys. Maybe they just didn't know how to fully include them on the story mode.

... Also. Just when I was thinking "some parts of this story mode seems quite hard" I saw in youtube how cyber subzero was supposed to fight Goro AND Kintaro and that just counts as one fight... When I saw that I was like "ok, fuck this shit... that's way too much".
----
Rod, let me love you.
09.08.2011 - 06:13
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Should we make a petition for NRS to add the "Run" feature to the game ? i'm sure at least a couple of thousands would be willing to sign that,

it pisses me off when i freeze someone using subzero from across the screen, the freeze effect doesnt last until i reach my opponent, same with cyrax's net
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
10.08.2011 - 10:02
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by X-Ray Rod on 05.08.2011 at 02:38
Yeah I thought the same about the bad guys. Maybe they just didn't know how to fully include them on the story mode.

... Also. Just when I was thinking "some parts of this story mode seems quite hard" I saw in youtube how cyber subzero was supposed to fight Goro AND Kintaro and that just counts as one fight... When I saw that I was like "ok, fuck this shit... that's way too much".

It just left me with the feeling that the story mode was half finished... because I was fully expecting a further few chapters featuring the other characters. So I was disappointed when that eventually didn't happen.

You really don't want to be doing some of the later Tower challenges then! hehe, one requires you to fight 3 Shao Kahns, and the last challenge is Goro, Kintaro, Mileena and Shao Kahn on a hard difficulty! Believe me, that had me ripping my hair out for hours...

Freddy's story vignette:

And Freddy's TV advert:

What is everyone's opinion on Freddy? And if you have downloaded him, what do you think of him as an MK character?

@Zombie: I wouldn't mind if they brought the run button back for sure! xD
11.08.2011 - 21:36
@gent_-_orange
Freddy is awesome, Although its pure blasphemy that they didn't use the Robert Englund version of Freddy but whatever....From what I have seen (and played) he is a well worth getting.
07.09.2011 - 13:26
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Meh, I have mortal kombat III in my computer and I'm kind of pissed off because I love the game but I just suck at it and they should have a practice option, it will take me forever to practice combos, fatalities and other stuff....
----
Rod, let me love you.
17.09.2011 - 22:40
wrathchild
Staff
I've watched the Mortal Kombat Legacy series on Youtube, and wow, they really did a great job. I really hope they can do a second season even without having a new game to support.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz