Metal Storm logo
In Vino Veritas (Scottish Black Metal)

28.07.2006 - 01:20
ScottishWarrior
Account deleted
Greetings!

I haven't been on here for quite some time.

I was wondering what everyone thinks of the Scottish BM/Ambient band In Vino Veritas?

If you've not heard them I would say they are a cross over of Velvet Cacoon ("genevieve era") and Xasthur.

They are releasing a demo in August which I will defiently be getting! Probably the best BM to come out of Scotland at the moment!

Here are some links for you to check them out...

http://www.myspace.com/invinoveritasuk

and here is an mp3 my friend uploaded from their upcoming demo

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1266A62B7B03FBB3
28.07.2006 - 02:04
Cut-Throat
not bad stuff like! mon the scottish metal!
28.07.2006 - 02:31
danzig111
Account deleted
The voice ruins it for me.....it seems 'out ov tune' to me, i dunno how to explain it......i love the music in the back though, it sounds like Xasthur whom i like........But the very 'off' vocals is what spoils it, damn what a shame!
28.07.2006 - 04:12
ScottishWarrior
Account deleted
What do you mean by off? I think the vocals are quite original and a change personally.
28.07.2006 - 04:38
danzig111
Account deleted
@ScottishWarrior: Oh yes they are quite...."origional", indeed. But i don't know, to me it doesn't sound 'professional' enough....i don't know. I was expecting the vocals to sound more along the lines ov Darkthrone, Athos, Xasthur.....that kind ov sound. I don't know it doesn't seem to blend with the music to me. I mean i like bands what have terrible vocalists like Children Of Bodom orrr Mayhem (with Attila) but somehow it still 'flows'. But IVV, soemhow it doesn't seem to flow properly. i don't know, it's hard to explain.
28.07.2006 - 19:40
ScottishWarrior
Account deleted
Fair enough. Black Metal isn't meant to sound professional anyway. When I first listened to them I expected those type of vocals like Darkthrone but they wouldn't be as original with them IMO. The vocals are closest sounding to Velvet Cacoon I would say.
28.07.2006 - 23:38
Anton Alcolust
i listen to them ... the myspace player sux ... the song looks good, but the drum sound is really crap . Voice is harsh , i like it
----
A.M.S.G.
31.07.2006 - 12:26
Highlander
Account deleted
Haha, where they from?

Like the bit from King Arthur in a song.
31.07.2006 - 19:11
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Let me see. *Turns off Slayer, downloads 'Everwinter Nights..'*

Instrumental-wise quite good. Vocal wise too. I'll be back later.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.07.2006 - 19:29
Damned-In-Black
I kinda liked 'Everwinter Nights...' also.

I'll try out some more tomorrow when I have time!
01.08.2006 - 19:30
Damnated
Churchburner
Fuck me sideways, this is good . I just put the song Everwinter Nights Under Whitehope Heights in my playlist, among my other stuff, and it jsut started, and it's awsome. Wow, thanx a lot. Is the demo availbale yet?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
03.08.2006 - 03:50
ScottishWarrior
Account deleted
It says on their MySpace the demo is out this Saturday. I managed to get in touch with A.M the guy behind the project and I heard a sample of another song and it's outstanding. He said i've to look out on their website and MySpace for updates and info soon... or something like that.
03.08.2006 - 04:07
ScottishWarrior
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 31.07.2006 at 12:26

Haha, where they from?

Like the bit from King Arthur in a song.

Not sure.. Glasgow I think. King Arthur = Amazing movie!
03.08.2006 - 13:09
Highlander
Account deleted
Glasgow aye? They doin any shows soon?
03.08.2006 - 14:21
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 03.08.2006 at 03:50

It says on their MySpace the demo is out this Saturday. I managed to get in touch with A.M the guy behind the project and I heard a sample of another song and it's outstanding. He said i've to look out on their website and MySpace for updates and info soon... or something like that.

I can't download those songs from MySpace, damn!
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
08.08.2006 - 01:22
ScottishWarrior
Account deleted
Just a note to say that the demo is out now. It's a CD-R and comes in a plastic slip case with a cover and tracklisting at the back. I got it for £5 but you will need to email or message A.M about the price.
08.08.2006 - 15:55
Highlander
Account deleted
I'm gonna try get a demo.
09.08.2006 - 02:05
Gothya
hmm, i couldnt download the mp3's so i wonder if someone can explain me how to do it, 'cause the links posted here arent available for me ....or i gotta link my space to get 'em?
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
09.08.2006 - 17:10
ScottishWarrior
Account deleted
You'd have to go to http://www.myspace.com/invinoveritassco but there is only one song up for download now and one streaming song.
12.10.2006 - 16:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
i listen them in MySpace and i like its its quate ambiend sound somethimes and I like it but it seems uate new and unknown band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.12.2006 - 18:04
Damnated
Churchburner
I have finally got Thorns, and it is amazing. looking forward to the other relases aswell.
----

05.02.2007 - 14:48
Damnated
Churchburner
In Vino Veritas - Oceandrops And Starlit Scars from the new demo "Allure". http://www.filefactory.com/file/6cc458
----

05.02.2007 - 17:48
Himann
Orm KrigGud
I agree that they are somewhat a cross between Velvet Cacoon and Xasthur but dont really have the quality that these two bands have..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger