Metal Storm logo
Best metal concert line up you have seen

10.01.2010 - 00:29
I_Die_Often
After reading the Ultimate Concert Lineup forum, I started thinking, I have already seen a few pretty damn good concerts!
So, what concerts have you been to that had all bands you liked, there was no band there just to fill a slot in your opinion.

Mine are...

Pantera
Machine Head
Coal Chamber

Dimmu Borgir
Behemoth
Keep Of Kalessin

Slipknot
Shadows Fall
Lamb Of God

Slayer
In Flames
Soulfly
Down The Sun
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
10.01.2010 - 00:47
skullkill
Best one iv seen was

Slipknot
Shadows Fall
Lamb Of God
10.01.2010 - 01:41
Soulweeper
Judas Priest
Megadeth
Testament
10.01.2010 - 03:02
MetallicA
Maryland Deathfest last year!

53 bands in 3 days and I think out of all those bands only 2 of them absolutely blew ass.

You can't ever top seeing Bolt Thrower play two nights in a row!
In addition to Bolt Thrower, there was:
Mayhem
Destroyer 666
Athiest
Wolves in the Throne Room
Immolation
Asphyx
Napalm Death
Brutal Truth
Sigh
Misery Index
Withered
Phobia
Flesh Parade
and alot more!

Been two years in a row and will be making it a third
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
10.01.2010 - 21:11
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Hmmm, probably

Ensiferum
Korpiklaani
Moonsorrow
Eluveitie
Tyr

at Paganfest 2008
11.01.2010 - 08:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Aardschokdag February 8 1987

Metallica
Anthrax
Metal Church
Crimson Glory
Laaz Rockit
Celtic Frost

closely followed by
Aardschokdag May 29 1988
Megadeth
Flotsam & Jetsam
Testament
Nuclear Assault
Vicious Rumours
Sanctuary
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.01.2010 - 14:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.01.2010 at 08:14

Aardschokdag February 8 1987

Metallica
Anthrax
Metal Church
Crimson Glory
Laaz Rockit
Celtic Frost

closely followed by
Aardschokdag May 29 1988
Megadeth
Flotsam & Jetsam
Testament
Nuclear Assault
Vicious Rumours
Sanctuary

you told me once you saw Diamond Head and Mercyful Fate live on the same day or something or was it that MF was the first band you ever saw live?

anyway mine isn't very awesome, the bands i'm about to mention didn't even play back to back in the first day but here goes, it was Wacken 2009, 31.07:
Nevermore
Bullet For My Valentine
In Flames
Amon Amarth

Doro, Motorhead and Hammerfall played in between these bands but i didn't enjoy their sets too much.

closely followed by the day after:
Volbeat
Machine Head(though i missed half of their set)
Saxon(best of show, 2 hours and 20 minutes played)
12.01.2010 - 13:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 11.01.2010 at 14:16

you told me once you saw Diamond Head and Mercyful Fate live on the same day or something or was it that MF was the first band you ever saw live?

I unfrotunately never saw Diamond Head.
MF was the very first band I ever saw live. It was hgowever at the same festival as two I mentioned.

Aardschokdag June 1984
Mercyful Fate
Trance
Vandenberg
Raven
Accept
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.01.2010 - 14:41
Warman
Erotic Stains
The Unholy Alliance with Slayer, In Flames, Children of Bodom, Lamb of God and Thine Eyes Bleed was pretty damn good. But the one that blew me away with three of my absolute favourite bands was without doubt Kreator, Celtic Frost and Watain. First time I saw those three bands and I'm so glad I got to attend a Celtic Frost show before they disbanded (again).
----
12.01.2010 - 18:45
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Here are some I can remember, lately I much prefer headlining shows though to festivals and packages, although I went to some of those, just to see my favourite bands:

Slayer
Iron Maiden

Testament
Megadeth
Judas Priest

Opeth
Dream Theater
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
24.01.2010 - 08:51
I_Die_Often
Just got home from an excellent concert!!!

Nile
Immolation
Krisiun
Dreaming Dead
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
26.01.2010 - 00:46
DoomGuard
Unfortunately really good lines ups dont really come to the U.S. because bands i really like always have to bring shitty Deathcore bands as their support to get all the little kids to come so they can have decent ticket sales and at least try and get new fans....

But the best line up was 2 bands, one hasn't made a bad song yet, and the other's new album is heavenly in my opinion of course.

Mastodon
Dethklok

a musical apocalypse
26.01.2010 - 19:42
SerratedSyringe
Obituary
Goatwhore
Krisiun
The Berzerker
Warbringer

-The middle three were the "meat' of that show, I didn't really care for Warbringer or Obituary.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
26.01.2010 - 20:49
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by SerratedSyringe on 26.01.2010 at 19:42

Obituary
Goatwhore
Krisiun
The Berzerker
Warbringer

-The middle three were the "meat' of that show, I didn't really care for Warbringer or Obituary.

Really? That's too bad. Because I'd definitely say that Obitary and Warbringer were the two best of the five that played. Perhaps it was just an off show.
----
The force will be with you, always.
26.01.2010 - 21:01
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.01.2010 at 13:49

Aardschokdag June 1984
Mercyful Fate
Trance
Vandenberg
Raven
Accept

out of fear of the possibility of starting to cry, i will deliberately not check out Trance and Vandenberg.
26.01.2010 - 21:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 26.01.2010 at 21:01

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.01.2010 at 13:49

Aardschokdag June 1984
Mercyful Fate
Trance
Vandenberg
Raven
Accept

out of fear of the possibility of starting to cry, i will deliberately not check out Trance and Vandenberg.

Not too sure if you will like Vandenberg, but I think you might.
But I am 1000% you will love Trance cause they are a mor emetallic version of old Scorpions, but actually only Break Out and Power Infusion are very very good albums
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.01.2010 - 23:37
SerratedSyringe
Written by Clintagräm on 26.01.2010 at 20:49

Written by SerratedSyringe on 26.01.2010 at 19:42

Obituary
Goatwhore
Krisiun
The Berzerker
Warbringer

Really? That's too bad. Because I'd definitely say that Obitary and Warbringer were the two best of the five that played. Perhaps it was just an off show.

I'm not saying they put on a bad show or anything, heck Warbringer started a moshpit before their first song was over! All I'm saying is that I prefer the other three.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
27.01.2010 - 03:17
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Well... Hellfest 07, Hellfest 08, Hellfest 09 (sorry too tired to post the links)

And as tours
Moonspell + Therion (1998/1999, for Sin/Pecado and Vovin respectively)
The Ocean + Cynic + Opeth (2007)
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
04.11.2010 - 11:39
Saintain
The only concert ive been with more than 1 international band was this year
Metallica + Mastodon
----
No Olvides que la Verdad nos dara la Libertad
29.01.2011 - 19:54
BrokenKnuckles
The Best line up ive ever seen was actually the last show I went to. Slayer, Megadeth, and Testament. Megadeth and Testament was a first for me. Ive seen Slayer a bunch of times but the show was fucking amazing
22.03.2011 - 14:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Best line-up i´ve seen so far was Sonisphere 2010(gonna list only the bands that interested me):

DAY 1: Orphaned Land, Paradise Lost, Volbeat, Manowar, Accept. the first 3 put on great shows except for some sound problems with Paradise Lost, then came a completely half-assed concert by Manowar, with over-amplified bassdrums, a 5-minute speech and a half-assed cover of Heaven and Hell(with mistakes) in a one-hour show. whimps and posers leave the hall, indeed.
good thing that after that came ACCEPT which basically destroyed everything and everyone. i´ve never seen such an enormous difference in sheer quality, professionalism and dedication between bands playing one after the other. some particularly great moments were during the opening track (Metal Heart) i just realized what the fuck was going on: this band was completely dead and finished just a few months ago and i would never have dreamt of seeing them live ever, but there they were, kicking absurd amounts of ass with this song that i knew for so many long years. it was the best concert i´ve ever attended, and definitely one of the best i will ever see. during Teutonic Terror i realized i had forgotten how exactly the chorus went, but then it hit me like a thousand steel hammers on a thousand titanium anvils straight in my brain: we will.. GIVE EM THE AXE!
when they played Neon Nights, i almost had a mental breakdown because of too much emotion, and during Burning a badass moshpit erupted, i simply could not control myself any longer and jumped right in. those particular 2 hours during which they played remain one of my most cherished memories ever. "this is a song for all the people in Romania who had been taken away..." DA DARRADA DA DARRA DUMDUMDUM DA DARRADA DAA DADA!

DAY 2: Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer and Metallica. to my surprise, the quality of the sound declined progressively, and Anthrax were the star of the day, with the fewest sound issues, and kickass as hell. still, there were some awesome singalong and mosh moments during Slayer and Megadeth. Metallica wereTHUD a bit of a disappointmentTHUD mostly becTHUDause ofTHUD Lars'THUD incompetentTHUDTHUDbassdrumTHUD usage but at least the other guys played well.

DAY 3: Alice in Chains, Rammstein. AiC were good, a bit distant but very relaxing and my 2 favorite tracks by them (Rain When I Die and Rooster) were epic as fuck. Rammstein are pretty much the best showmen on earth, and entertained through humor, music, pyrotechnics, pretty much a mindblowing spectacle for the eyes and ears.

considering the quality and epicness of (most of) the bands present at this festival, the fact that it sold only 20.000 individual tickets or so with the most expensive ticket costing just the equivalent of 120 euros is absolutely mindfucking. but then again,
24.03.2011 - 06:00
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Wha...? You're actually glad that you had to suffer through Coal Chamber? Wow...

Anyways, my second and third metal concerts were also the best.

Megadeth
Testament
Exodus

Thre classic thrash bands. Need I say more?

Overkill
Vader
God Dethroned
Warbringer
Evile
Woe of Tyrants

Once again... What more to be said?
25.03.2011 - 00:26
I_Die_Often
Written by Guest on 24.03.2011 at 06:00

Wha...? You're actually glad that you had to suffer through Coal Chamber? Wow...

Didn't Say Coal Chamber is a favorite band, on that day it was a very good performance.
Saw a great bunch of local brutal bands the other night, Australis, DEMONICON, NAILED SHUT and BLOODGEON
Need more local shows like this
----
25.03.2011 - 07:20
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Turning off my overty-true mode, Coal Chamber may actually be a fun band to see live. Just sitting there, headbanging to those simple groovy riffs for an hour or so might be an enjoyable experience.
30.03.2011 - 03:22
Rust in peace 20th anniversary tour!!!
Exodus
Testament
Megadeth

AMAZING start to finish!
31.03.2011 - 10:52
Abattoir
Staff
I guess the thrashfest line-up last year...a killer show.

Kreator
Exodus
Death Angel
02.04.2011 - 00:08
blacktooth85
Ozzfest 2004 was pretty badass

Black Sabbath
Judas Priest
Slayer
Dimmu Borgir
Superjoint
BLS
Slipknot
Hatbreed
Lamb of God
A lot of shitty metalcore bands on the 2nd stage though. And I'm not a fan of LOG or Hatebreed either. Slipknot put on a good show though I have to admit
06.04.2011 - 22:36
thehondo
Mixed it up with Dave on 2005 Gigantour;
Megadeth
Dream Theater
Nevermore
Symphony X
Fear Factory
----
No time like the present
07.04.2011 - 00:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Easy for me. The metal masters tour - Judas Priest, Heaven & Hell, Motorhead, Exodus. Most of the other top-notch line-ups I've seen have been just really good pairings; High On Fire & Skeletonwitch, Evile & 3 Inches Of Blood, Finntroll & Warbringer.

Motorhead with Nashville Pussy and Reverend Horton Heat was another really good one. Mostly because of the Reverend Horton Heat inclusion.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
25.04.2011 - 04:20
I_Die_Often
Written by ScreamingSteelUS on 23.04.2011 at 11:06

Eluveitie
3 Inches of Blood
Holy Grail
System Divide

Almost went to this show, only wanted to see System Divide tho...
----