Ithyphallic
Black Seeds of Vengeance
Amongst The Catacombs Of Nephren-Ka
In The Beginning

Total votes: 34
11.01.2010 - 23:10
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Deleted the old thread to add Nile's two most recent albums "Ithyphallic" and "Those Whom The Gods Detest." Personally, my favorite is Annihilation with ITDS in at a close second. I don't often listen to them much anymore, but Annihilation has some of their fastest and most intense songs. A perfect melting pot of both epically proportioned songs and breakneck-fast ones, and very catchy. Vote away!
12.01.2010 - 00:01
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
I think that in the other pool I voted for Annihilation as well (but there is no way to check this now, is there?! ).

Lately, however, after hearing the lack of Egyptian influences for the sake of being always heavier, the case of the last two albuns, Im more and more listening and enjoying ''Amongst The Catacombs Of Nephren-Ka''.

Perfect, original work, may not have the technical feature of other albuns, but hell it has much more ''soul''!
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
12.01.2010 - 01:20
Baz Anderson
Staff
No idea what I voted for before, but "Black Seeds Of Vengeance" gets my pick here.
They changed over time, and I do like them a lot still, but this album is just pure brutality - just what I like to hear.
12.01.2010 - 02:22
I_Die_Often
Ithyphallic!!! Awesome from start to finish, never tire of Georges speed on the kit.:bow:
And I love the two tracks as instrumentals!
You can do your own metal karaoke! "PROOOTECT MEEEEEEEEEEE!"
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
12.01.2010 - 05:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I voted for In Their Darkened Shrines. Black Seeds of Vengeance was my first Nile album and the one I view most fondly, but some of the Egyptian parts on that album are too much for me. In Their Darkened Shrines has the perfect mix.
12.01.2010 - 15:29
skullkill
I picked In Their Darkened Shrines just because it gits spun the most but i really like Amongst The Catacombs Of Nephren-Ka, Black Seeds of Vengeance, and In Their Darkened Shrines about the same. I can never pick just one album its just to hard to do.
12.01.2010 - 21:49
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Written by Dangerboner on 12.01.2010 at 05:28

I voted for In Their Darkened Shrines. Black Seeds of Vengeance was my first Nile album and the one I view most fondly, but some of the Egyptian parts on that album are too much for me. In Their Darkened Shrines has the perfect mix.

I know what you mean about Black Seeds. For me, IDTS is already amazing just because of the first song, one of my favorite DM songs back when I was just getting into the genre. Actually, the first 5 songs are all amazing and after that, the energy goes down just a little bit. I am thinking maybe I voted too quickly, because something that really annoys me about Annihilation is the order of the tracks, and especially putting the last two tracks one after another. They could have avoided putting two of their "epics" in a row, because it does get boring. The thing that really wins it is the riffs and the absolutely massive guitar sound on Annihilation.
13.01.2010 - 13:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I cant vote, dont remeber what I voted in last time, bnut now, I havnt listen band long time and speecly albums, so I can not vote, but generaly each band album was good and in good level, so hard for me pick up one
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.08.2010 - 02:07
Black Seeds of Vengance because the production is a little off and it gives an authentic feel to it. And the egyptian breaks are perfect with the death metal. And the chants are fantastic!!
----

[image]
19.01.2011 - 14:18
JD
Account deleted
1. Annihilation of the Wicked
2. Those Whom The Gods Detest
3. Ithyphallic
4. Festivals Of Atonement [EP]
5. In Their Darkened Shrines
6. Black Seeds Of Vengeance
7. Amongst The Catacombs Of Nephren-Ka
19.01.2011 - 14:21
JD
Account deleted
Written by spirit_inblack on 12.01.2010 at 21:49

For me, IDTS is already amazing just because of the first song, one of my favorite DM songs back when I was just getting into the genre. Actually, the first 5 songs are all amazing and after that, the energy goes down just a little bit.

Agree after the first 5 songs the album goes down down, exept "Wind Of Horus" very strong song!
19.01.2011 - 18:21
spirit_inblack
harshhead
It's probably because after that they play around with the Egyptian theme a little more, which means the music is slower and less interesting to me. Still though, it's one of the greatest death metal albums there ever was, on the level of and possibly better than "Annihilation.."
19.01.2011 - 20:20
Malphas
All of their albums are amazing, all of the atmospheres they create, how they handle the whole Egyptian theme, Karl's awesome riffs, George's drumwork....one of the best bands out there, but to get back on topic for me their best piece of work is Annihilation Of The Wicked
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
01.02.2011 - 23:11
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
In Their Darkened Shrines is my fav, that album's an absolute masterpiece. It's one of those albums where every time I listen to it, I notice something I didn't before. And that's testament that it has meaning, depth, and took a lot of creative time and energy to compose.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
01.02.2011 - 23:17
Vivi'
I cannot pick one album. But I vote for 'In Their Darkened Shrines'.
03.02.2011 - 14:50
JD
Account deleted
Written by spirit_inblack on 19.01.2011 at 18:21

It's probably because after that they play around with the Egyptian theme a little more, which means the music is slower and less interesting to me.

Yeah same with me i get bored in the Egyptian themes, but in other albums Egyptian themes are brilliant.
25.02.2011 - 06:08
wormdrink414
Elite
Annihilation of the Wicked
Those Whom the Gods Detest
In Their Darkened Shrines

3 essential albums for all death metal fans.
10.03.2011 - 15:31
SaleFlamand
I voted for In Their Darkened Shrines. I think it's their strongest output, followed by Black Seeds of Vengeance.
Didn't like Annihilation of the Wicked that much.
----
I'm a Jupiler man, drink it as much as I can.