Metal Storm logo
Krisiun

02.08.2006 - 23:34
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Krisiun is a 3-piece Brazilian death metal band that formed in 1990. They've release numerous albums through the years, but their best album didn't come out until this year. AssassiNation hits you like a kick in the nuts. It's brutal, yet structured.

Krisiun is known for their live shows and have gained a reputation because of it. I saw them a couple of months ago and they turned out to be one of the best death metal bands I've seen live. They're fast as hell, play crazy guitar solos, and Alex has some pretty mean vocals.
03.08.2006 - 00:02
Wo0dy
Account deleted
yes, assaassniation was a great album, ive seen them live with morbid angel and behemoth, krisiun is great live...max is one hell of a drummer
03.08.2006 - 00:52
Trifixion
Account deleted
Kirisun kicks ass for sure. Pure, brutal DM at its best. Works Of Carnage is my favorite album, I actually haven't heard all of AssassiNation yet. And yes Max is one hell of a drummer to say the least. He's a beast on the double bass.
03.08.2006 - 03:54
thanatos_7
Their best albums are Apocalyptic Revelation, Bloodshed and Conquerors of Armaggedon.
----
Long live the Death Metal!!!!!!
03.08.2006 - 05:08
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
They're easily one of my favorite bands. Saw them back with Behemoth and Morbid Angel as well, and they destroyed. They played after Despised Icon (painful to sit through) and completely lit the place up; i thought that Behemoth had a rather tough time matching the intensity of the three crazy ass Brazilians, which is somehting that i definitely didnt expect.

Anyways, Bloodshed is a great album for the price you pay for it (as far i know its supposed to be something similar to an EP, so it was fairly cheap), and i actually really like Ageless Venomous, which a lot of people tend to dislike. The bass drum does sound a bit irritating but i think the album as a whole is awesome.
03.08.2006 - 07:29
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Lucky, the only time ive seen Bloodshed in a CDstore was when it was a slightly higher price than regular CDs. As for AssassiNation - definately a devastating album which outdoes their previous efforts in my opinion.
03.08.2006 - 07:39
Endoftherainbow
I've heard two albums by these guys Bloodshed and AssassiNation and both of which kicked some serious ass they're as brutal as fuck and have some really sick riffs I'm still very very disapointed I missed these guys when they came near me because they were playing with Morbid Angel and Behemoth that would have been the sickest show ever.
03.08.2006 - 08:34
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 03.08.2006 at 05:08

i thought that Behemoth had a rather tough time matching the intensity of the three crazy ass Brazilians, which is somehting that i definitely didnt expect.

lol I know exactly what you mean. I also went to that show and Krisiun might have put on the best performance. I found really hard for me to admit that they were better than Behemoth though.
03.08.2006 - 15:46
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Ive only heard and got the album 'Ageless Venomous' and i really like it. I agree with Sepulchral Oath that the bass drums get a bit on the irritating side, but i only tend to notice that in the later tracks. Other than that, Ageless Venomous, is a good album.
Now that I know this ablum isnt the most prefered of Krisiun fans, i'm wanting to check out their other works specially AssasiNation.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
12.08.2006 - 05:55
DARZAK
Account deleted
I OWN "BLOODSHED" which is a great cd and I really want to get "assasanation".
17.08.2006 - 10:02
Silvia
Account deleted
I think that Krisiun showed with Assasanation that they have more than people think at first sight. They suprised me with that record: back to their old roots, but still with their own sound and power. Also on stage they grown a lot. I do not understand why people are always complaning about this band: they give everything they got ...but well maybe the dutch metalfans are spoiled a bit.
Nice that Krisiun will do a new xmass festival tour:)
03.09.2006 - 02:34
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
@Silvia- Yep, that's true. Krisiun is yet another revitalized band that is going back to their roots.

Everytime I listen to Apocalyptic Revelations I feel like running around and hitting things lol. That album is ridiculously fast.
03.09.2006 - 21:20
Cut-Throat
i have the bloodshed album and i dont think its anything special. the songs dont sound very catchy it sounds very plain and straight forward!

is this just me or do other people agree? is there better albums than this one?
04.09.2006 - 02:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Cut-Throat on 03.09.2006 at 21:20

i have the bloodshed album and i dont think its anything special. the songs dont sound very catchy it sounds very plain and straight forward!

is this just me or do other people agree? is there better albums than this one?

That album is one of their worst. Check out AssassiNation. That album is a little more varied, while still being fast. Conquerors of Armageddon and Apocalyptic Revelation are also great cd's by them.
04.09.2006 - 20:56
Silvia
Account deleted
I agree with you Pyro...something;)

Also like COA to be honest....me being happy that they come over this winter lol.
06.09.2006 - 01:09
DoomLordDTR
Account deleted
Black Force Domain is the only album I like and listen to. Does anyone Like Abhorrence(bra) pretty good Krisiun clones
07.09.2006 - 23:01
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
i have Black Force Domain and Works Of Carnage, both not bad, but they get quite boring after a while, their drummer is fast, but that's it, it takes more then that to be a (very) good drummer
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
08.09.2006 - 01:38
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Bas on 07.09.2006 at 23:01

i have Black Force Domain and Works Of Carnage, both not bad, but they get quite boring after a while, their drummer is fast, but that's it, it takes more then that to be a (very) good drummer

I haven't heard those albums, but if you listen closely to Apocalyptic Revelations, there are actually subtle variations throughout the songs. As for AssassiNation, all of the songs have a lot of variations, such as pulsating double bass and time changes.
08.09.2006 - 02:47
CianideDeath
Account deleted
Black Force Domain is still their best. Check it out
08.09.2006 - 18:03
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 08.09.2006 at 01:38

I haven't heard those albums, but if you listen closely to Apocalyptic Revelations, there are actually subtle variations throughout the songs. As for AssassiNation, all of the songs have a lot of variations, such as pulsating double bass and time changes.

hmmm, i might give AssassiNation a try then,

i´ll let you know what i think of it
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
09.09.2006 - 02:14
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Bas on 08.09.2006 at 18:03

Written by Dangerboner on 08.09.2006 at 01:38

hmmm, i might give AssassiNation a try then,

i´ll let you know what i think of it

Good, I"m sure you'll like it.
29.09.2006 - 16:34
Rattlehead.cz
I have two albums - "Conquerors of Armaggedon" - really great album and "Black Force Domain" - good one, but I guess that is probably their debut and the sound is not good, but there is a wonderful instrumental track.
29.09.2006 - 19:55
ASiema113
I have only listened to Assassination and I must say it's brutal how it starts off with the double bass machine gun sound to it, which makes me feel like I'm on a battlefield and round after round I'm shooting down my enemies, although some of their tracks kind of seem out of place. I give this album a 8.5 out of 10, would definatly see them live and I was pissed the fuck off when I missed them with Behemoth and Morbid Angel but there will be other shows so I'll get over it.
Hails to European DM
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
30.09.2006 - 02:40
Mega-Slayer
I have known of them for quite sometime,but just recently listened to "Evil Master Mind",it fucking kicks ass,the drumming is very sweet.I hope to get Black Force Domain,I mainly wanted to get the album due to the evil cover art.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
08.10.2006 - 02:29
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I finally got Black Force Domain and I like it quite a bit. I don't think that it's as good as AssassiNation, but it still delivers a powerful kick to the nuts. My favorite part of that album is the shredding. There is soooooooo much! I love it.
04.12.2006 - 22:42
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Krisiun- Announce European Tour:

Brazilian death metal machine Krisiun will co-headline a string of dates in Europe with Immolation and label mates Aborted in summer, 2007.

"After waiting for more than a year to hit the European stages again, Krisiun is proud to announce it's return for a new tour in May and June, 2007 alongside death metal legends Immolation."

Date to be announced soon!

(Source: bravewords.com)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
05.12.2006 - 05:18
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Gave a listen to 'Ageless Venomous' blum as i hadnt listened to it for awhile... I have to say, the drumming really start to piss me off. Its not really all that creative (the drumming), and the constant double kicks gets really tiresome after awhile. Actualy, it starts to remind me of constant gun fire from an old machine gun or something lol. Thats the only thing that really disappoints in this album (imo), the riffs, soloing, vocals and lyrics are all good... but its the drumming that i dont like
An OK album for me, not sure what i said about it before but after listening to it again and being somewaht disappointed in it im going to say its just OK. Maybe a 6.5/10

Going to have to try 'Assassination' out seeing as its the more prodominant album mentioned here.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
07.12.2006 - 21:40
AssassiNation
Account deleted
I really agree with all of you, who said that AssassiNation is the best (or at least one of the best) Krisiun album. It is fast, it has a lot of energy and is full brutality.
Here, in Lithuania, Krisiun had to come in the last spring, but they didn't, I was really dissappointed. These people had formed a band, which could be a teacher and influence, an authority and cult for young bands.
08.12.2006 - 03:36
CyberMetal
Account deleted
Best brazilian band, extreme! I have Works of Carnage and AssassiNation albuns!
02.11.2007 - 00:27
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Krisiun will release new album next summer

Death metallers Krisiun have issued the following update on their website:

"Krisiun just finished the seventh leg of the AssassiNation world tour in one year and ten months the band did over 250 shows in 25 countries around the world spreading the most vicious and brutal death metal.
Krisiun would like to thank all the crazy motherfuckers which showed up at the shows and also all the promoters which made it possible. Also thank all the bands which toured together on these tours.
The band still will do a few shows in South America. After this the band will start working on the new record schedule for release in the summer 2008."