Rock N Roll Children
Sacred Heart
Hungry For Heaven
Dream Evil

Total votes: 61
21.02.2010 - 12:17
Reza
Account deleted
There are some great Dio 80's songs in this list. I personally love all Dio 80's works but If I wanna choose the best song, my choice is "Rainbow In The Dark". I believe it's an exploit in Heavy Metal. If your choice is "other" please write the name of the song.
21.02.2010 - 12:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
There all good songs from him, I dunno any bad song, even Rainbow and BS was better, I cant choose from other, but from list no doubt Rock n Roll Children, I also like Rainbow In The Dark, but Children is lil better so I vote for it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.02.2010 - 12:46
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Like a Rainbow In The Dark...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

21.02.2010 - 12:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Holly shit I fgorgot mention ''Dont Talk To Strangers''
because of this line and whole lyric n song, song is ebautifull and greta, but this is best part

I forgot because i know this more because Blind Guardian made cover song and Im more listen BG how Dio verse

Don't smell the flowers
They're an evil drug to make you lose your mind
Don't dream of women
'Cause they only bring you down
----

apos;'
[image]
21.02.2010 - 20:29
Reza
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 21.02.2010 at 12:50

I forgot because i know this more because Blind Guardian made cover song and Im more listen BG how Dio verse

This cover is in which album?
21.02.2010 - 20:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 21.02.2010 at 20:29

Written by Bad English on 21.02.2010 at 12:50

This cover is in which album?

IMO non it was out like single 2000 something or to Dio trubute album, dont remeber corectly
----

apos;'
[image]
21.02.2010 - 21:45
soadbyob
Account deleted
Holy Diver!
22.02.2010 - 00:45
ToMegaTherion
Dream Evil was a great track, but Holy Diver is just legend. Rainbow in the Dark i think is a little pop for my taste. I think Ronnie said the same thing some years after he recorded the album, So anyway my vote is for Holy Diver.... Although if we were to expand the vote to include all of his solo albums than I would say my favorite song of Dio's solo work is definately Killing the Dragon.
22.02.2010 - 11:19
Reza
Account deleted
Written by ToMegaTherion on 22.02.2010 at 00:45

Dream Evil was a great track, but Holy Diver is just legend. Rainbow in the Dark i think is a little pop for my taste. I think Ronnie said the same thing some years after he recorded the album, So anyway my vote is for Holy Diver.... Although if we were to expand the vote to include all of his solo albums than I would say my favorite song of Dio's solo work is definately Killing the Dragon.

IMO the best time for Dio was 80's. I believe his 90's and 2000's albums as compared with 80's aren't in high quality. Killing The Dragon is good but it's very hard to say that it's the best Dio's solo work IMO.
23.02.2010 - 00:46
ToMegaTherion
Written by Guest on 22.02.2010 at 11:19

Written by ToMegaTherion on 22.02.2010 at 00:45

IMO the best time for Dio was 80's. I believe his 90's and 2000's albums as compared with 80's aren't in high quality. Killing The Dragon is good but it's very hard to say that it's the best Dio's solo work IMO.

overall I would agree esspessially in reguards to album quality, however my reference was particularly directed at the song Killing The Dragon which is a favorite. The album was ok but not really up to the same standard as his 80s work despite the fact that there are a few really good songs on the 90's and 2000s albums. You are quite correct the 80s were the best time for his solo work.
17.05.2010 - 23:09
Reza
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 21.02.2010 at 12:25

There all good songs from him, I dunno any bad song

indeed. R.I.P Dio.
18.05.2010 - 01:26
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Last in Line...so dark and melodic at the same time....love it
----
rekt
18.05.2010 - 02:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Other, All The Fools Sailed Away.
I have always loved all of his ballads, be it in bands or solo. But this one really takes the cake of his solo career.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.05.2010 - 07:01
Derwood
Other - "Just Another Day" from Sacred Heart.

It just baffles me that this song is so overlooked.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
18.05.2010 - 16:49
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I voted for "We Rock", but most of his songs are good so it's pretty hard to chose just one
18.05.2010 - 17:40
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Holy Diver. For me its his best classic. But of course all other are great too, specially The Last in Line, Rainbow in the Dark and Don't Talk to Strangers.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
18.05.2010 - 18:55
Warman
Erotic Stains
I've always considered "We Rock" to be pretty bad ass.
----
18.05.2010 - 20:20
Mikyz
I consider to "Rainbow in the Dark" to be my favorite, the guitar riffs and melodies are awesome, add to that a breathtaking solo and a memorable chorus and voila you get a legendary track.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
19.05.2010 - 13:19
JD
Account deleted
My favorite songs are " Gypsy" "Don't Talk To Strangers" "Straight Through The Heart" "Rainbow In The Dark" "Shame On The Night" "Invisible",.... R.I.P Dio
19.05.2010 - 15:56
Edmund Fogg
Last in line is whitout a doubt one of the greatest Dio songs.It packs so much punch and emotions and the lyrics now takes a all new meaning.

We're a laugh without a tear
The hope without the fear
We are coming - home
R.I.P. You are missed
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
19.05.2010 - 18:35
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Definitely ''All The Fools Sailed Away". This song is just beyond awesome, and is Dio at his epic best. Its impossible for me to not feel emotional while listening to it. Then it's ''Night People''. I really think ''Dream Evil'' is a terribly underrated album. m/
22.05.2010 - 03:34
Richard
Elite
Holy Diver. I thought this would be the outright winner, but Rainbow in the Dark currently has more votes, which is all well and good as that's also a good song. I think Holy Diver is the ultimate Dio (solo) song - it's like the Dio anthem. Perhaps a big Dio fan is more likely to pick a lesser known song, though - personally, I preferred Dio's work with Sabbath to the stuff with Dio the band, really.

I haven't heard the Blind Guardian cover of Don't Talk To Strangers that Bad English mentioned, but the excellent folk metal band Otyg did a good folk-ed up cover of Holy Diver.
----
22.05.2010 - 10:03
Hamird
Lieutenant
Others for me. Though I like Holy Diver and Rainbow in the Dark, but my personal favorite song of Dio is "Don't Talk to Strangers". Music is very good and Dio's vocals are just marvellous..
23.05.2010 - 19:12
Chainer
Witch Hunter Gen
Written by Hamird on 22.05.2010 at 10:03

Others for me. Though I like Holy Diver and Rainbow in the Dark, but my personal favorite song of Dio is "Don't Talk to Strangers". Music is very good and Dio's vocals are just marvellous..

All of Dio's vox are great, not really a "bad" song on the list, I like Rainbow, I think Diver is better, but my personal fav is Last in Line, it just dosnt get any better than that.
----
Written by Dangerboner on 02.11.2009 at 08:11

Everything he doesn't like is metalcore. Britney Spears, Elton John, Michael Moore, and green beans are also metalcore, in case you guys didn't know.
29.05.2010 - 09:16
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
"We Rock". This one stands out to me the most cuz it covers a few of my beliefs in a nicely written package of guitar work and with one of the best clear voices metal has to offer. It also doesn't mention animal attributes in a metaphorical context which I appreciate also.

R.I.P.
----
08.07.2010 - 02:56
SatyriconChick
Wish I'd seen this thread back when it was originally made... This is really tough for me, as a huge fan of the 80s Dio stuff. I can't even pick from several of the songs on this list, but of them, my favorites are "Holy Diver," "Rock 'N Roll Children," "Hungry For Heaven," "Dream Evil" and "Rainbow In the Dark." But I think my favorites are probably "All the Fools Sailed Away" and "I Could Have Been a Dreamer." Yes, I'm especially partial to the Dream Evil album.
14.08.2010 - 23:59
F.S
Sacred Heart is my favorite Dio song and album. R.I.P
29.06.2011 - 13:50
Aristarchos
Don't talk to strangers
17.10.2012 - 10:03
Yossarian
Hi. First three in the list are amazing and Rock and Roll Children -remember the videoclip?-. I voted however for "Rainbow in the Dark". I heared recently that Dio did not like the song and wanted not to use it ever. Fortunately he was convinced not to do so. Apart from the list I think that "Don't talk to Strangers" could be my favourite one and special mention to "Faces in the Window" and "One night in the city". Great master of metal. R.I.P.
20.10.2012 - 09:34
bran
All the fools sailed away
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist