Metal Storm logo
Led Zeppelin

Original post

Posted by Xtreme Jax, 07.08.2006 - 14:28
One of the biggest, most successful, talented and original bands that have reached the "Legendary Status" is Led Zeppelin.

Formed in 1968, Bristish rockers Led Zeppelin didnt stick with just the traditional 'rock' theme that was being created around this era, they brought in other different musical elements including blues, reggae, soul, funk, Celtic, Indian, Arabic, and folk. The guitar works of Jimmy Page are some of my favourites and hes possibably one of my all time favourite guitarists for his originality and talent he does with the instument.

The death of drummer John Bonham in 1980 lead to an agrement for the band to disband after almost 25 years of solid original musical and artistic achievement and success, and have reported to have sold more the 300 million albums world wide... And one of the most important and influential bands in history to genres of rock and also metal.

So, whats you favourite albums/songs, what you like/dislike about them, the band members other band projects, etc. Open
25.03.2007 - 13:22
Anathemani@c
That one band... The second biggest band all over the world IMO. After Pink Floyd! All their alboums are the one better than the other!!!
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
01.05.2007 - 00:09
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
Not one of my personal favourites except for a few songs, but Jimmy Page is one of the best damn guitarest to have lived and his band influenced metal greatly so..Rock on Led Zeppelin!!!!
01.05.2007 - 14:24
Darktonny
Account deleted
Written by Anathemani@c on 25.03.2007 at 13:22

That one band... The second biggest band all over the world IMO. After Pink Floyd! All their alboums are the one better than the other!!!

I totally agree with that.
01.05.2007 - 18:57
Warman
Erotic Stains
I've heard some rumours lately about a reunion of this band. Personally, I don't think it will happen but it sure would be cool to see Led Zeppelin live!
----
01.05.2007 - 19:10
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Warman on 01.05.2007 at 18:57

I've heard some rumours lately about a reunion of this band. Personally, I don't think it will happen but it sure would be cool to see Led Zeppelin live!

Rumours have been going around for years, this isnt new. Although interested where this one sprang up from?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
03.05.2007 - 01:50
Nixx
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 01.05.2007 at 18:57

I know for a fact that for a couple of years ago, there were rumors about Led Zeppelin Re-uniting for one tour, with Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters, Nirvana) on drums.
How awesome wouldn't that've been!? <_<
15.09.2007 - 06:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

Are you saying Pink Floyd is bigger than Zeppelin?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.09.2007 - 11:14
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Doc G. on 15.09.2007 at 06:58
That's a hot topic on www.last.fm and probably tons of other places, I've never understood it cos Zep seemed so much more influential and popular to me but that could just be because I haven't mindfully explored Floyd's material and I probably know their stuff without being aware of it. A lot of people have different, sometimes fierce opinions on one being better than the other, I would pick Zep only due to what I've already said.

Zep have been one of my fav bands basically since I was born but I consider them quite overrated and I hate what they did with the songwriting-credits-mess. My favourite album is the first closely followed by the third, then Houses, Graffiti and II. I haven't really checked out the members' related bands... I chucked on one or two Yardbirds CDs about a year ago and didn't think much of it. I still say Jethro Tull and especially Deep Purple own Zep to pieces.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
15.09.2007 - 22:43
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Syk on 15.09.2007 at 11:14

That's a hot topic on www.last.fm and probably tons of other places, I've never understood it cos Zep seemed so much more influential and popular to me but that could just be because I haven't mindfully explored Floyd's material and I probably know their stuff without being aware of it. A lot of people have different, sometimes fierce opinions on one being better than the other, I would pick Zep only due to what I've already said.

Hmm, thats odd, I thought it was common knowledge Zeppelin is bigger.
----
- George Carlin
15.09.2007 - 22:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 15.09.2007 at 22:43

Written by Syk on 15.09.2007 at 11:14

Hmm, thats odd, I thought it was common knowledge Zeppelin is bigger.

So did I, esepcially considering they sold over 400,000,000 albums: I am sure that is more than Pink Floyd sold.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.09.2007 - 00:30
?Master?
Account deleted
led zeppelin
fukin legendary
fukin awesome
robert plants voice
with jimmy page on ripping the guitar
damn fukin amazing!
16.09.2007 - 02:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 16.09.2007 at 00:30

led zeppelin
fukin legendary
fukin awesome
robert plants voice
with jimmy page on ripping the guitar
damn fukin amazing!

But after tahy braue up I prefere better Robert Plant works hwo Jimy Page

PS does bassplayer John Paul Johns has realised solo
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.09.2007 - 03:34
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Bad English on 16.09.2007 at 02:07
I think he has done a few, but he's more known for production duties after the fall of Zep (and perhaps being a session musician, I can't remember)
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
16.09.2007 - 05:16
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Syk on 16.09.2007 at 03:34

I think he has done a few, but he's more known for production duties after the fall of Zep (and perhaps being a session musician, I can't remember)

Hes released 2 solo albums:
Zooma
The Thunderthief
----
- George Carlin
06.12.2007 - 21:04
Demonmayonnaise
I love the first four albums from Zep. They are one of my favorite bands.
06.12.2007 - 22:52
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 16.09.2007 at 05:16

Written by Syk on 16.09.2007 at 03:34

Hes released 2 solo albums:
Zooma
The Thunderthief

Yeah, Zooma is an amazing album. I listen to it about once a month or so. I am surprised that more people don't know it.
----
(space for rent)
07.12.2007 - 05:18
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I hope they realize that so many people want to see them in North America...they should take the hundreds of millions of dollars and do the tour and also put out another album...fuck...Robert Plant seriously needs to come to reason...
07.12.2007 - 07:11
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Guest on 07.12.2007 at 05:18

I hope they realize that so many people want to see them in North America...they should take the hundreds of millions of dollars and do the tour and also put out another album...fuck...Robert Plant seriously needs to come to reason...

Did you get the album Raising Sand yet? It is Robert Plant & Alison Krauss together! The album is so good.

For those who don't know Alison Krauss, she is a very famous modern Blue Grass singer and fiddle player and she has won 20 Grammy Awards?more than any other female artist.
----
(space for rent)
07.12.2007 - 07:56
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Dane: That's a pretty new album and I haven't gotten it yet...from what I hear, it's well recommended...I've never heard of Alison Krauss...I'll check this one though...
07.12.2007 - 10:45
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Written by Guest on 07.12.2007 at 05:18

actually I heard on the radio that there will be a tour. Some band said they'd be opening for a band starting with L and has the letter Z somewhere in it (srry but Ive completely forgot what band said this)
Then again, with suppossedly 1 million people trying to get tickets for only 20,000 tickets, it may be possible for a reunion tour.
07.12.2007 - 20:05
Omni
Account deleted
I always held out the hope they'd do a full tour, but oh well.

They are great anyway, have all their albums. Personal favourites are "Physical Graffiti" & "II". Although from what I've heard from people who'd seen them live years ago they weren't exactly great out the studio. I hope that actually isn't the case considering how much people have had to pay for tickets for this gig! :

Keep meaning to pick up that Robert Plant & Alison Krauss album as well...
07.12.2007 - 21:15
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Guest on 07.12.2007 at 07:56

@Dane: That's a pretty new album and I haven't gotten it yet...from what I hear, it's well recommended...I've never heard of Alison Krauss...I'll check this one though...

Written by Guest on 07.12.2007 at 20:05

Keep meaning to pick up that Robert Plant & Alison Krauss album as well...

Yeah, I highly recommend it. Now it is not a Metal album, or even a rock album. It is more of a Neo-Bluegrass/Folk album. I have enjoyed Alison's music for a long time, and when I heard that her and Robert Plant were teaming up, I was so excited. Plant is my all time favorite vocalist, and he diverse styles show why he is so amazing. But also keep in mind that Plant has a strong background in blues and folk, so this really is not a surprise that he would do something like this.
----
(space for rent)
11.12.2007 - 11:10
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A few short clips are beginning to surface from Led Zeppelin's reunion concert (which took place earlier tonight, December 10 at London's O2 arena). But clips are apparently being systematically removed on YouTube .

Anyway, you can check out the footage below:
'CBC report' (3 minutes): here (Quicktime file).
'In My Time Of Dying': here.
'The Song Remains the Same': here.
Q107.com: various clips here.

And here and here links to YouTube, but clips can be removed .
11.12.2007 - 16:49
Warman
Erotic Stains
I've watched some clips. How I'd love to be there!
----
11.12.2007 - 18:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
damn great I wanna world tour but respect them because thay dont wanna play
----

apos;'
[image]
11.12.2007 - 18:49
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 11.12.2007 at 18:48

I totally agree, I'd love to see them but respect them for just re-uniting for one night. Although there are many rumours about a world tour now.
----
11.12.2007 - 18:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 11.12.2007 at 18:49

Written by Bad English on 11.12.2007 at 18:48

I totally agree, I'd love to see them but respect them for just re-uniting for one night. Although there are many rumours about a world tour now.

Well thay hasnt spend all money so thay can not play its not like that boy band take That or what was name where Robie Wiliams sing now make video, because spend whole money to drugs
----

apos;'
[image]
11.12.2007 - 20:39
Lord TJ
Written by Warman on 11.12.2007 at 18:49

I hear they are going on a world tour sometime, forget when but tickets are $2000. I heard this from FOX News.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
11.12.2007 - 22:30
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Led Zeppelin setlist from the reunion show at the O2 Arena in London, England - Dec. 10th:

01. Good Times, Bad Times
02. Ramble On
03. Black Dog
04. In My Time Of Dying
05. For Your Life
06. Trampled Under Foot
07. Nobody's Fault But Mine
08. No Quarter
09. Since I've Been Loving You
10. Dazed and Confused
11. Stairway To Heaven
12. The Song Remains the Same
13. Misty Mountain Hop
14. Kashmir

Encore:

15. Whole Lotta Love
16. Rock and Roll
----
Your favorite band sucks.
11.12.2007 - 22:50
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Metalhead.ro has posted at this location 50 quality photos of Led Zeppelin's December 10, 2007 reunion performance (at the O2 arena in London, England) .