Metal Storm logo
April Fools...

HAHAHAHAHHA HO HO HOHOHOHOHOO HEHEHHEHEHEHHEE!

(takes a deep breath)

(resumes rolling around the floor, laughing hysterically until my eyes water and my gut aches)

HEHHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHOOOHOHOOO!

So April 2nd is upon us and our annual April Fool's joke is over and done with. Kind of.

Now that much fretting has been done, threats hurled, legal battles (how Gorgoroth of Fire of us) challenged, contract killers allegedly hired and bribed, we'll help sort out what's true and what isn't from the smoking carnage of the day's fun fun fun.

Metalstorm.ee is now Metalstorm.net: This is completely true. It clearly says so right at the end of our web address in your browser. With the .net domain we hope to be viewed as more of the international website that Metal Storm is, rather than a localised Estonian site to those in the industry unfamiliar with our happy home.

Also of note, the technical issues will be dealt with. Ivor is hard at work on terminating said bugs. With extreme prejudice. Unexpected shit is cropping up, so it's a matter of uncovering it then dealing with it. If you experience any bugs, let the man know. It's a lot of work, but that's why he makes the big bucks. And by big bucks, I mean nothing but your undying gratitude for his efforts.

We sold out: Not true. The notion that anyone could believe that is laughable - whether the date is April 1st or August 49th? thanks to downloading, etc, there is no money in metal. Certainly not enough for Lucas to score some coke to snort off a stripper's backside, let alone buy a fleet of BMW's for staff members.

Mr. T is still a B.A. - Big Asshole: This is entirely true. Thryce is still a big asshole.

Ivor pulled the plug : This is also true. But not because he hadn't received payment. He just did it to fuck with you and make this whole ruse more believable. With that action, he might have passed me to be Vice-Asshole, the second in command to take the asshole reins should something happen to Thryce.

Tokio Hotel Review: is a joke. The fact it came from the guy who brought you a review referring to Britney Spears as the kvltest of the black metal kvlt in a prior year should have tripped some "bullshit!" alerts. Even if you missed out on the Spears joke, just the fact that Bas scored an album with a number higher than the value of Pi should have been a dead giveaway.

Pat Boone Review: that one is not a joke. I own the album, have for over a decade, and like it. I had actually written it a couple days ago, but as our plans started to crystallize, the notion of delaying posting as it might seem to be in-line with our new attitude made me opt to do just that.

Marcel Leaving Metalstorm: This is true. He's leaving us for a couple hours while sleeping off his latest drunk, but should be back tomorrow.

We will be charging for memberships: This is entirely not true. Or "tr00", for that matter.

Jup, Momo, and Doc hired a legal team: This is true, but not to prosecute a lawsuit against the MS Staff, but rather for defense following their alleged involvement in a ring that was illegally trafficking potatoes across international borders.

Dethklok not getting turned "on" as a featured band: Not just no, but hell no.

A hitman was hired to "neutralize" pro$$$ $taff members: True. Hopefully he got the "ABORT! ABORT!" text in time. On that note, we still haven't heard from Ivan in a while and are getting worried. Of course, he might just be off raising his metal cows rather than lying dead and bleeding in a gutter somewhere with a sack full of silver dollars in his mouth and a battle axe sticking out of his back. If you see him, please let us know!

Thanks all for your participation - I'm not sure which was funnier, reading staff/eliters calling each other all sorts of names, or folks who seemed to buy the whole charade.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Metal programming.
Posted: 02.04.2010 by BitterCOld

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 47   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 375 users
02.04.2010 - 01:25
Baz Anderson
Staff
Welcome to .net everyone!!!
02.04.2010 - 01:26
oroboros
Damn it...i want my 5000 bucks..
02.04.2010 - 01:31
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Haha. I'm not sure what was funnier, the actual April Fools joke, or this! Pure gold.
02.04.2010 - 01:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Macel owns me good whisky :p hahhahahahhaha and Bas wont swimm in poll
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.04.2010 - 01:51
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Guest on 02.04.2010 at 01:42

So .net it is!,it sounds better than .ee!

That's what we were going for!! Hahaha.
02.04.2010 - 01:55
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
.cx is way more kvlt teh uber haxxorz
02.04.2010 - 02:16
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
I'm willing to forgive everything...
...except the tokio hotel thing.

That was just downright cruel.
02.04.2010 - 02:19
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Here's what this cat has to say about it all.

----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
02.04.2010 - 02:27
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
How thoghtful of you guys creating this extreme discussions for our amuzement
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
02.04.2010 - 02:31
Symmachus
I guess I wasn't around enough to fully appreciate this, but what I see is funny. I briefly was questionable toward the "Marcel leaving metalstorm" bit, but the way that it was phrased was funny stuff. As I alluded to earlier, I don't know everything about what occurred as the April Fools prank, but I did see the Tokio Hotel thing below the news. I haven't heard their music, but I know that they are one of those mainstream bands that would not necessarily fit the bill of metalstorming. Thanks.
02.04.2010 - 02:34
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by Uirapuru on 02.04.2010 at 02:27

How thoghtful of you guys creating this extreme discussions for our amuzement

thank you, we had fun too
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
02.04.2010 - 02:41
Ragana
Rawrcat
Hah, seems like this year there were a lot of confessions to make... As for the change of domain - I suppose I just like .ee more than .net. I hope I'll get used to it.
However, good luck to Ivor. Can't wait to finally get in MS without typing my master password (which is the least I can do to please my laziness) or full user information.
02.04.2010 - 04:10
Jiri
I told everyone to disscuss the very important issue of gay retarded amputees dancing, and not to give the staff the satisfaction of tricking you all, but no one listens to Jiri!
02.04.2010 - 04:27
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Well, i sure hope all of you enjoyed all the craziness.

truth be told, MS will always be independent... we might have some ads or whatever, but we're always gonna be independent and say what we think.

im proud of being a metalstormer and so should you!!!
02.04.2010 - 04:39
Jiri
Hell yeah!
02.04.2010 - 05:11
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
As attorney for Jup, Momo and Doc, i feel we will be acquitted of all charges in this alleged "tuber transgression".
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
02.04.2010 - 05:34
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I don't know why I'm so gullible...

LONG LIVE METALSTORM! m/
02.04.2010 - 06:48
Cyroth
That means no MS Award 2010 best drama nominalization ...i think the sharade was to big and many thought since it was april 1st it would be a joke...+ this is the metal community , and there is no sign of nuclear blast so we can talk about lots of money
All's well when it ends well
----
02.04.2010 - 07:47
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
What?! This was a joke?! How come no one told old Doccer about it?! Fuck...Don't start your car or open any parcels from Canada, Thryce.

.net? Fucking sell outs.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.04.2010 - 09:23
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Well, for you to know, everything that the staff said to each other (you know, the sheep bladder incident and stuff), is totally true, but I think they'll just try to forget all the blablabla and get back to their "normal" lifestyles

...I still want to see that video material they've been talking about
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
02.04.2010 - 09:56
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
YoU SoLd OuT!!!!11!!11

just kidding, lol, Metalstorm has definitely changed since I registered here.

I remember when we had the user picture gallery.
02.04.2010 - 10:03
Shadowcross
The Summoner
Haha you know I always thought .ee stood for 'Europe' .. not 'Estonia'

Anyway another good MS April Fools joke! cheers!
02.04.2010 - 10:16
Lachy
Account deleted
Poor Ivan.....................*pulls battle axe out of ivans back*
02.04.2010 - 11:03
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
.net! Yey! too bad about the coke & strippers though
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.04.2010 - 11:35
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by Lucas on 02.04.2010 at 11:03

hey, one can't have everything
----

I am awake"
02.04.2010 - 11:48
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Darkside Momo on 02.04.2010 at 11:35

Written by Lucas on 02.04.2010 at 11:03

hey, one can't have everything

yeah ok, but is a bit of coke and some strippers really that much to ask? jeez.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.04.2010 - 12:29
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by Lucas on 02.04.2010 at 11:48

yeah ok, but is a bit of coke and some strippers really that much to ask? jeez.

Well, ask our senior accountant
----

I am awake"
02.04.2010 - 12:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 02.04.2010 at 02:41

Hah, seems like this year there were a lot of confessions to make... As for the change of domain - I suppose I just like .ee more than .net. I hope I'll get used to it.
However, good luck to Ivor. Can't wait to finally get in MS without typing my master password (which is the least I can do to please my laziness) or full user information.

what do you mean whit password?
i only cluck on log in box and its automaticly shown username and ******************** so i log in
even I shood write for new whehn they switch from ee to ner now its clicking again
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.04.2010 - 12:54
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Too bad I couldn't join in on the fun yesterday. Looks like you all had a good time
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
02.04.2010 - 13:02
frankeli
Account deleted
A good sense of humor. Loads of interesting reviews ... hell, MetalStorm it is ... ee or net is all the same as long as the staff is the same ... )))

Hits total: 6371 | This month: 11