‹‹ Back to the General metal forum
Users visited: 44  
Search this topic:  

Paladin

05.04.2010 at 13:44
There is not many bands that work for many years,i think most of them work for money not for this genre,and they cant reach to this.
Bad English
nobody

05.04.2010 at 14:14
Because there is planty , planty, planty bands who play same, simply you have only 24h in day besides 13 I sleep and other there also job, moneymaker, nowdays people have no enought time for love,sex and family, so band simply play and they need incomes for living, so if muisc dont give it they need job to, and if there some same sounding band how many people can listen simply there no time and its not possible for all bands be popular,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
Valaskjalf
TheImperturbable

06.04.2010 at 14:43
Mostly because many bands are "one-trick ponies". Their 'original' ideas are brought forth on their debut/first two albums and then they run out of fresh ideas. The metal world is condense and sooner or later other bands will catch on to their ideas and then it is original no more. And very few bands have the ability to keep transforming and sound fresh and constantly reinvent themselves. Other bands come along and eventually do a better job at it, or expand on the fresh ideas initially put forth by the "failure band" and before too long that "one trick pony" band is nothing special anymore and they either break up or the change their style to go after money.
----
IF THE MILK IS SOUR...I AINT THE KINDA PUSSY TO DRINK IT
Warman
Erotic Stains

06.04.2010 at 17:04
Written by Paladin on 05.04.2010 at 13:44

There is not many bands that work for many years,i think most of them work for money not for this genre,and they cant reach to this.

If they can't live on their music, it doesn't have to mean that they are "un-true" to Metal. You know people have to work too, to actually pay for food and rent. Making records every second year takes a lot of time. So I think that's just bullshit, that most artists only create music for the purpose of making money.
----

"The Bro Code" article 72: A bro never spell-checks.
Bad English
nobody

06.04.2010 at 20:58
Written by Warman on 06.04.2010 at 17:04

Written by Paladin on 05.04.2010 at 13:44

If they can't live on their music, it doesn't have to mean that they are "un-true" to Metal. You know people have to work too, to actually pay for food and rent. Making records every second year takes a lot of time. So I think that's just bullshit, that most artists only create music for the purpose of making money.

I agree I say it in my firts post here and I dont remeber but some 80's famose thrash band members after split up worked real job, IMO Flotsam and Jetsam such type bands, I read it in interwiew(but forgot name of band), they worked real jobs
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

07.04.2010 at 21:07
Written by Warman on 06.04.2010 at 17:04

...So I think that's just bullshit, that most artists only create music for the purpose of making money.

Seriously! How many bands (not just metal) actually make a profit these days? Beyond the established acts like Metallica and pop-star sensations a la Lady Gaga, there aren't exactly hordes of rich musicians running around.

Between the Internet (downloading) and population (diluted talent) there simply isn't a feasible solution to solving the poverty level of the average musician, thus they are required to actually have a real job to pay the bills.
----
Prettier than BloodTears.
busta5000
Account deleted
  11.06.2010 at 17:23
The most problem is money problems Metal unlike other genre are the least popular. I mean for example POP & rap & RNB & Rock are the most popular that most downloads in itunes are from these genres. plus even in music stores you can't find all metal albums you see the music store full of 60 pop albums\60 rock albums\60 rnb albums\60 rapalbums & 3 or 4 old metal albums!!!!!!

so Most metal bands get money the usual way by performing live plus alot of people are cheap to even attend these concerts & instead watch them on youtube.

Metal bands are dying because the only way they earn money is to perform live. Yes they do earn money by selling their albums but I bet its lesser than $1000 a month.

I just hope there is a new & better way to fund these bands.

Advertise on Metal Storm

Login or register to post here.