Metal Storm logo
Zero Hour

17.05.2006 - 18:27
Horlequism
Account deleted
Zero Hour is a technical progressive metal band from California...they are pretty unique and a lot more technically minded then Dream Theater...their first two releases, the self/titled and The Towers Of Avarice, are amazing pieces of progressive metal brilliance...however, I bought their new one and listened to it, A Fragile Mind, and it's just not as good...it's a lot heavier and cruchier and in most places less melodic if I'm not mistaken...they've gone through a slew of vocalists in the last couple of years but are staying with Chris Salinas. Something else that doesn't seem very present anymore is the soundscaping atmopsheric keyboard work on their first release...also, their conceptual aspects are becoming less and less...
17.05.2006 - 19:04
Hellish Star
Awesome band. I own all their albums and I like their kind of technical progressive metal!
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
19.05.2006 - 02:04
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I only have last year's album "A Fragile Mind" and I find it quite very awsome! I should get some other albums from this band.
04.08.2006 - 14:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I only had hera them album ''A Fragile Mind'' and songs ''A Fragile Mind'' and '' Destiny in Sorrow'' are best songs in albums, I like those long 6+ minutes songs, but I didnt like thos band so much, I dunno why, maybe early albums are better?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.08.2007 - 09:19
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Holy shit I had no idea others have heard of these guys on Metal Storm. Towars of Ivarice is absolutely amazing!
23.04.2008 - 22:49
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I have got to get hold on some of their music...after all I'm seeing them this fall and it's always nice to know what you're in for.

Any recommendations?
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
25.04.2008 - 04:05
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I wish that they would come to Canada...there are so many progressive metal bands that should up and come to Ontario...
25.04.2008 - 04:34
DreamWeaver
Elite
Written by GT on 23.04.2008 at 22:49

I have got to get hold on some of their music...after all I'm seeing them this fall and it's always nice to know what you're in for.

Any recommendations?

Check out Towers Of Avarice and Specs of Pictures Burnt Beyond. They're both excellent albums.
----
25.04.2008 - 12:58
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@DW: I'll if I can find them somewhere. Thanks for the recommendations.
----

25.04.2008 - 14:09
Hellish Star
Written by Guest on 23.08.2007 at 09:19

Holy shit I had no idea others have heard of these guys on Metal Storm. Towars of Ivarice is absolutely amazing!

Do you really think we're ignorant?
----

26.04.2008 - 16:41
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I have just listened to Towers Of Avarice and Specs of Pictures Burnt Beyond which DW recommended. They're really good albums! Quite heavy, more than I imagined it would be, but that's not at all bad. I've also listened to their newest album Dark Deceiver...it's like the two others: awesome
----

29.04.2008 - 07:51
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Hellish Star on 25.04.2008 at 14:09

That was simply an unneeded comment, minus respect points for you, honestly I think you are more ignorant, for making such a statement hahaha. I simply said I had no idea others have heard of these guys, get a clue man..
29.04.2008 - 18:16
Hellish Star
Written by Guest on 29.04.2008 at 07:51

That was simply an unneeded comment, minus respect points for you, honestly I think you are more ignorant, for making such a statement hahaha. I simply said I had no idea others have heard of these guys, get a clue man..

No problem...
----

05.07.2008 - 21:33
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Hellish Star on 29.04.2008 at 18:16

Written by Guest on 29.04.2008 at 07:51

No problem...

I find it hilarious that only 13 posts have come so far, so it turns out not many have heard of them....hmmmmm...
06.07.2008 - 22:49
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
The work they're been putting our recently isn't that good...it seems a bit forced and the guitars just sound like a wall of off-time noise in many places...not as melodic progressive in comparison to Metamorphisis...
29.09.2008 - 19:49
Soliloquy
i just got Dark Deceiver....i'm vaugly familiar with their first releases through myspace. on my space their stuff sounded brilliant. and then i got this album thinking it would be similar...it really wasnt. its just a technical slur that is just trying toooo hard to be technical. to me, their quality of production is not there. i can hear the vocals, but its really hard to actually understand what they are saying. their guitar work is just...well, fast. bass is fairly good. and drums are just aweful. what happened to em?
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
29.09.2008 - 20:37
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Soliloquy: I agree with you about Dark Deceiver...it was very hard to listen to that album...the vocalist doesn't matter to me anymore because it's a revolving door with them in the vocal department and I don't really think they care about the vocals anymore...
29.09.2008 - 22:03
Soliloquy
one thing that really irked me about that album is their guitar tone. its soooo thin and fragile that it just doesnt work with the music. its REALLY high on treb and it just cuts through everything...

its kinda sad how some bands just dont get it.
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
29.09.2008 - 22:07
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah, I don't think that Zero Hour will ever compose material like they did on Metamorphisis or The Towers of Avaraice again...
17.08.2011 - 11:46
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Written by Guest on 29.09.2008 at 22:07

Yeah, I don't think that Zero Hour will ever compose material like they did on Metamorphisis or The Towers of Avaraice again...

Don't know if you've heard the debut album "DeEvolution" by the band Cynthesis, including some of the members from Zero Hour. It's quite different to material like TToA but it sounds great to me.
19.08.2011 - 04:44
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Is Zero Hour making a new album? I went to their website...it no longer exists...