Metal Storm logo
Best Post-Roots Sepultura Album

Poll

What is the best Sepultura album after Roots (or after Max left)?

Dante XXI
Against
Nation
Roorback
A-Lex

Total votes: 11
01.07.2010 - 12:36
vezzy
Stallmanite
I thought this would be interesting, as post-Max Cavalera (and even post-Chaos A.D.) Sepultura is generally despised due to the unfavorable "tribal thrashcore" sound and to an extent, Derrick Green's vocals.

For me, the best is Dante XXI. I just didn't like Against, Nation sounded weak and really is Sepultura's worst, Roorback was a bit better and A-Lex... it was a lot like Dante XXI but more repetitive and "raw" (in a bad way).
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
01.07.2010 - 13:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dunno tham all so good but I have listen those but I woulk say its not for me , I prefere nowdays only 80's staff from band. but I wint vote but somehow Dante was IMO better how others but just lil bit
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.07.2010 - 17:25
Warman
Erotic Stains
"Dante XXI" without a doubt, I actually consider it to be their best. Probably because it was the first I heard from them so I never had my I-love-Max-stage.
----
07.07.2010 - 20:10
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Definitely 'Dante XXI'. That album for me was finally the moment when Seps stepped out of Max's shadow, and made a great album without him. This is how I see all the Derrick era Seps albums:

Against: Some really good songs, but far too long, with a few fillers bringing it down. But still, a decent album.

Nation: Woeful album, and Sepultura's worst. There's not one single song from this album that I can remember. I remember thinking Seps were dead when I heard this one. lol

Roorback: After the abysmal 'Nation' this one was a real return to form for me, and my 2nd fave Seps album with Derrick on vocals. Not much filler, and some really killer tracks make this one mean album! Better than 'Roots'.

Dante XII: The best post Max album, and a great modern metal album.

A-lex: Definite step down from Dante... too long, with the filler songs taking away much of the power that the good songs create. Some good songs, but overall, disappointing.
27.06.2011 - 03:39
JD
Account deleted
Nation. my favorite song in it, is Sepulnation, i think its the best song Sepultura made with Derrick Green on vocal, however Dante XII is also a great album.