Metal Storm logo
Dimmu Borgir - To Support Korn On European Tour

Dimmu Borgir proudly announce the launch of the first leg to their Darkness Reborn World Tour for their upcoming new album with Korn in Europe.

States guitarist/songwriter Silenoz: "We really look forward to finally start the touring cycle in support of our new monster! Special thanks to Jonathan and Korn for giving us the opportunity!"

Dimmu Borgir's ninth studio album will be released in Germany on October 1st, in the rest of Europe on October 4th, and in North America on October 12th. More updates are expected to be announced very soon, so stay hanging around.

19 September - HMH, Amsterdam
23 September - Eishalle Seutweg, Winterthur
24 September - Zenith, Munich
26 September - Gasometer, Vienna
01 October - Ancienne Belgique, Brussels
02 October - Rosengarten, Mannheim
03 October - Palladium, Cologne
05 October - Haus-Auensee, Leipzig
06 October - C-Halle, Berlin

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Dimmu Borgir
Event: Korn + Dimmu Borgir: Darkness Reborn I
Posted: 05.07.2010 by Carl Berg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 38   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 226 users
05.07.2010 - 18:51
Warman
Erotic Stains
This is horrible...
----
05.07.2010 - 18:54
vezzy
Stallmanite
Okay, that's a rather odd choice.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
05.07.2010 - 20:01
Windrider
Raureif
I'd love to see Dimmu Borgir, but that's too shitty to attend the shows...
05.07.2010 - 20:02
Eddie Misery
Ahahaha! What?? Wtf are Dimmu and Korn doing on the same bill??
05.07.2010 - 20:12
Slyfang
..what?!
05.07.2010 - 20:12
marzepka87
That fucking sucks, why in the world would Dimmu tour with Korn, what the fuck is wrong with them
05.07.2010 - 20:59
moe5512
Whhhaaaaat ok first this is weird, second kor should support dimmu
05.07.2010 - 21:07
Vombatus
Potorro
What a disgrace.... This band gets worse each new album.
05.07.2010 - 21:19
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Although I enjoy Korn, but this is hilarious. Just proves how sell-out Dimmu Borgir are. Ha ha!
05.07.2010 - 21:32
Sworn
Was hoping this was a joke, but it's not. What the fuck is going on with this guys, touring with Korn? too bad.
05.07.2010 - 21:34
Don_Doom
I think dimmu is going from bad to worse...
05.07.2010 - 21:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Lol. This is the greatest thing I've read in a long time.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
05.07.2010 - 22:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 05.07.2010 at 21:49

Lol. This is the greatest thing I've read in a long time.

fo real. "thank you johnathan for giving us this opportunity" - he sounds like he's in a high school band or something who never played to more than 60 people on one night, not one of the most popular metal bands around.
05.07.2010 - 22:25
nilzardo
Account deleted
I don't think this is that odd. Thye have the same fanbase, so why not share tours?
05.07.2010 - 22:29
Kennoth
The only thing this might be weird is that those two bands are hardly even remotely similar in music style.

Nevertheless, after dozens of people crying like someone took their favorite teddy bear, I'll just say that there are probably a lot of fans who listen to both bands, I myself know a few.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
05.07.2010 - 22:37
Kennoth
Written by Guest on 05.07.2010 at 22:25

I don't think this is that odd. Thye have the same fanbase, so why not share tours?

Because it's sacrilegious that a black metal band should tour with the untrue nu-metal band apparently. It hurts their little pride. Even more so that Dimmu Borgir are supporting KORN, and not vice versa. At least they're smart enough to know who accomplished more as a band, and that it'll be worth their while.

I actually respect Dimmu more after this move, knowing that they aren't slaves of the black metal community and fans and their true attitude. CoF is very similar in that. You can't achieve both mainstream popularity and be respected among underground, it doesn't go that way (though it should, if the quality hasn't changed).
----
06.07.2010 - 00:54
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Dimmu Borgir scored the support slot for Korn's European tour in promotion of Remember Who You Are. Sounds about right.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
06.07.2010 - 01:03
FRIENDSHIP
Ehh I think that KORN is a bit far from black metal but I side with you, Kennoth.

Black metal has been commercialized and Dimmu, although I think they're great, is a ,member of the black metal community that is most commercial.

I would encourage people to get more angry should Gorgoroth or some group that actually claims to be "tr00" go touring with Korn.
----
Keeping up the killing,

Dylan
06.07.2010 - 01:11
Elodie Artour
Slania
Wtf do these news mean?! Dimmu Borgir getting mainstream through Korn or something? Korn are nice but that's just terrific...

@Kennoth: If they indeed want to go mainstream, then they're unfaithful to their 'true-black-metallish' style which is kinda sad. I mean, I'm not a fan of theirs or something but there are so many true black metal fans who love Dimmu Borgir. That's just not fair. It seems like Borgir roast their fans who keep on buying their albums and attending their gigs. Such decisions are beyond all limits...

EDIT: @Thryce: Now, that was ironic...
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
06.07.2010 - 01:24
Kennoth
@Elodie Artour

Funny you should say that, since they are often labeled as 'sellouts' by black metal fans. In fact, there is even a poll in metal arena which pits Dimmu and Cof as two ultimate black metal sellouts (which is stupid in my humble opinion)

So, if a band is already branded as a sellout, this would only give them more reason to hate on them. And while I agree that band should respect their fans that got them famous in the first place, they SHOULD NOT let them dictate their musical and/or commercial progress.

Not all black metal bands should be burned on a stake for actually trying to make a living out of their music, instead of being janitors in schools or plumbers in their free time.

@FRIENDSHIP - I never said it wasn't. I agree. All I'm saying that, not all metalheads are narrow minded, and there are a lot of them who listen to Korn AND black metal, just like I listen to Melodeath for instance.
----
06.07.2010 - 01:40
Elodie Artour
Slania
I guess I wasn't well informed about the whole situation. In this case, I wonder who actually listens to them... :

Anyway. As long as both bands have enough fans, it is okay to tour together. It surely is a good thing for a band to make a living out of their music, I agree. I just hate it when they have to betray their fans in order to gain success, money, etc. Unfortunately, there is no other way - music business (especially labels themselves) dictates these steps.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
06.07.2010 - 01:40
Magatouve
Account deleted
With all respect to Korn, though am not a fan of their music. But the audience for Dimmu Borgir and Korn are certainly not the same. Last year Dimmu Borgir was supporting Lamb of God, and I went there because I like Dimmu Borgir as I am not interested at all in Lamb of God. But the Dimmu Borgir's show was poor as the audience was mostly, unlike me, Lamb of God's and they didn't seem to appreciate the music of Dimmu Borgir. Now seem that Dimmu Borgir are making the same mistake, even worse.
06.07.2010 - 02:05
This is a classic move much like the girl who just so happens to choose a fat and ugly best friend. Suddenly Dimmu Borgir's music sounds better, same as the girl looks more appealing beside her obese best friend.

That being said... I would listen to neither clown act.
06.07.2010 - 02:21
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Korn > Dimmu Borgir
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
06.07.2010 - 06:18
INÆRIS
At least Nile isn't touring with Britney Spears
----
Still Life, Still Death
06.07.2010 - 06:33
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
CLASSSSSSSSSSY
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.07.2010 - 06:37
aporyon
Jajaja that's very funny because i heard like two or three years ago that korn asked them to tour with them and open some shows for them and silenoz just laugh, it is so ironic to hear these news
06.07.2010 - 07:51
blackwreath
I'm sure both have considerable support in the teenage black fingernail polish demographic so it doesn't seem so odd to me.
06.07.2010 - 08:04
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
06.07.2010 - 10:43
DoomGuard
Pretty funny, but i'd like to see the crowd mix up

Hits total: 4490 | This month: 7