06. The Great Satan Remix
07. Yellow Cake
08. Palestina
09. Ass Clown [ft. Jello Biafra]
10. Khyber Pass

Staff review by
jupitreas
Rating:
In retrospect I feel a bit embarrassed for giving Ministry's previous effort a 10. It's not that Houses Of The Mole was bad, oh no! It was actually a refreshingly concise and consistent release after over a decade of interesting and experimental, yet far too obscure and self-indulgent albums. Thus, it seemed to me at the time that Houses was as good as it gets. Well, its not - it was merely a warm up. Rio Grande Blood is better than the previous album in almost every way and is the true return to form from these industrial metal veterans that we have all been waiting for.

Read more ››
published 13.04.2006 | Comments (14)

Found in 3 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 321 users
06.08.2010 - 22:07
Rating: 9
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Wow... what an album! Cannot stop headbanging to it Cannot believe I've missed out on this for so long
----
loves 小巫
09.08.2010 - 01:53
Rating: 7
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Ministrys' albums' after Psalm 69 area all pretty monotenous...except for the last two. I really enjoy them. It's all the same "ingrediants" but different brand names, if u catch my meaning.
----
rekt
31.05.2012 - 13:36
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by tea[m]ster on 09.08.2010 at 01:53

Ministrys' albums' after Psalm 69 area all pretty monotenous...except for the last two. I really enjoy them.

Hmmmm I wouldn't agree completely. They jumped through different styles after Psalm 69 and experimented a lot. Whether the results were good or notis up to tastes but I definitely wouldn't call them monotonous. Going sludge (Filth Pig), more alernative sound (Dark Side Of The Spoon), Animositisomina was a return to what Ministry was known for and Houses Of The Molé is basically Rio Grande Blood with only a few differences.

This is one of their best though righ in the same league as classics as Psalms 69 or The Mind. Extremely varied and dynamic. Probably their most musically intelligent albums.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.06.2016 - 23:36
Rating: 8
musclassia

Why I love having a 160GB iPod - I can have albums sit around unlistened for years waiting for their chance, then I give them a go and rediscover them in a thrilling way. What a really fun album - think it'll be a lot shorter time between now and its next playthrough
03.08.2017 - 04:29
Rating: 8
Sonic MrSumo

Ass Clown is quite simply an utter sensation!
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.

Hits total: 9516 | This month: 36