Metal Storm logo
The Injury Thread

09.08.2010 - 21:06
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I was thinking about this thread after recently breaking my left wrist and right collarbone, while racing my dirtbike in Minnesota, i was wondering have you ever broken a bone or have had some type of injury, if so tell us how it happened! and how long you were/are out.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
09.08.2010 - 22:02
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Never actually...

The biggest physical aggression I've suffer was when this girl slapped me in the face... just a misanderstanding.

And I broke my toenail playing football once (gayest wound ever). But all the bones are intact so far o/
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
09.08.2010 - 22:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
From football I have been cramps, strached mussles. Also whit axe I cut open knee, and also I have been cut open head when stupid bitch from my class(It was at age 8) cut me whit key when I locked her into classroom for 8 hours LOL, I jump over barear I cut open knee, I jump over chair I fall and cut open head. I almoust cut of fuck finger (IMO it) whit shiver at age 8, I almoust cut of other hand finger whit broken toy car glass , I have been stabbed at arm(small cut) and chest (blame woman, I would kill that bitch) not deep at age 14 .
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.08.2010 - 23:26
Kasper
Written by Bad English on 09.08.2010 at 22:09

From football I have been cramps, strached mussles. Also whit axe I cut open knee, and also I have been cut open head when stupid bitch from my class(It was at age 8) cut me whit key when I locked her into classroom for 8 hours LOL, I jump over barear I cut open knee, I jump over chair I fall and cut open head. I almoust cut of fuck finger (IMO it) whit shiver at age 8, I almoust cut of other hand finger whit broken toy car glass , I have been stabbed at arm(small cut) and chest (blame woman, I would kill that bitch) not deep at age 14 .

Holy shit, thats some brutal shit anyway! Cut open knee with an axe, doesn't get more brutal.

---

Nice thread!

As for myself I have tried some stuff too - nothing real serious though, not broken any bone in my body yet and so on.

I go to mixed martial arts, therefore I've had some injuries from there - broken nose, dislocated shoulder. Also somehow my opponent managed to "stretch" my spine, while locked in submission - not very comfortable I can tell ya, nothing serious happened to me afterwards, other than sore back :p

Once I was kneeled to the ground - don't know why, not very old don't remember much - but anyways a car bumped into my head at slow speed, and intense bleeding came from my head - 7 stitches.

When I was young I climbed a tree, as many other kids do at that age, I jumped and tried to grap a branch and missed, and fell on a rock with my head - lucky enough nothing critical happend, other than a concussion (solid head, huh? :p )
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
10.08.2010 - 00:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Kasper on 09.08.2010 at 23:26

Holy shit, thats some brutal shit anyway! Cut open knee with an axe, doesn't get more brutal.

It was litle, I need one day to get beck and walk, nothing more and a lots of whisky to get out of shakes n shock
----

apos;'
[image]
10.08.2010 - 01:51
whatsacow
Broke my left collarbone twice, once when i was six from falling off monkey bars, and once when i was 11 i flipped my KX 60. I fell off my bmx and got a shitload of gravel under my fingernails, and 3 of them came off.
I got knocked out when some dickhead pushed a trolley off the roof of the school and it landed on my head (lucky it wasnt a high building
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
10.08.2010 - 04:16
Fane
Friend: *jumps down multiple stair steps* "Now you cannot do THAT!"
7 years old Me: "Blah, of course I can!"

And it resulted in an epic fail + a broken ankle. Also, this is the only time I've ever broken a bone which makes this even more hilarious for me.
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
10.08.2010 - 06:12
Ragana
Rawrcat
I have never broken a bone nor had very serious injuries. :>
10.08.2010 - 06:29
ß
Problem?
Nothing too serious but I sprained/slight fracture my left ankle twice playing volleyball and the end result of that was swelling. I also sprained my right ankle, slid down a tree branch which hurt like hell and that's all I can remember as of now.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
10.08.2010 - 06:56
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Uirapuru on 09.08.2010 at 22:02

And I broke my toenail playing football once (gayest wound ever). But all the bones are intact so far o/

That's how Bob Marley died, you know... He broke his toenail or something when playing football, it got infected and bam! Dead.

I've suffered a sprain on both ankles (not at the same time) when I trained taekwon-do. They hurt like hell and my feet looked like colorful balloon because it was so swollen and... hideous.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
10.08.2010 - 07:11
Derwood
Broken bones: 2

Right clavicle age 10 - don't know how. Didn't realize it had been broken until a calcium deposit created a big lump and the x-rays showed a healed fracture

Left ankle age 13 - playing Canadian football. The one season I played running back I got hurt at practice. One guy had my foot, one guy had my leg and they were going in opposite directions. Conversely, the worst I ever got from five years of rugby was a bloody nose.

Cuts requiring stitches: 2

Upper lip age 10 - flipped my bicycle, did a faceplant into concrete and put a tooth right through my lip. Broke the tooth, too.

Left eyebrow age 17 - unloading a conveyor belt at work, turned to grab the next box and the door had swung partially closed. I kept working for about ten minutes before someone told my I was bleeding. Six stitches for that one.

Times in wheelchair: 2

Age 17 - not sure what the problem was exactly with my back, but I was in a wheelchair for a month experiencing severe pain if pressure was applied pushing my legs into my hips. It just went away one day; the doctors never did figure it out.

Age 23 - fell climbing out of a conveyor at the sawmill I worked in. Wrenched things pretty good, couldn't stand straight for a couple weeks. I've had two ambulance rides strapped to a spineboard because of back injuries from falls.

Concussions: 1

Age 30 - this one is embarrassing. I was learning to do back breakfalls at karate class and my first one from standing I threw my head back when I slapped the floor and slammed the back of my head into the hardwood floor.

I've had all kinds of minor cuts, sprained ankles and countless muscle strains and pulls. I've lost count of how many times I've been on crutches. I also stuck a strand of bundle wire completely through my hand working at the sawmill. I'm now prone to bouts of sciatica from my repeated back injuries and weight. Sciatica sucks.

On the other hand, I've been directly responsible for at least six broken bones and eight concussions in other people. All but two were sports related and the two that weren't were my brothers (1 break, 1 concussion).
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
10.08.2010 - 08:34
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I've fallen on my head while being drunk a few times and blacked out with minimal memory, including on Saturday lol, where I slipped somehow and hit my head on concrete. Another time I did this was a couple of years ago in a relatively empty club. I was dancing with this chick and she was showing me up, so my dumbass tries to do a backfilp, but my shoe slipped off in the air and I knocked myself out on the hard floor. They literally threw me out, but at least I woke up outside with her rubbing my back

I've fucked up plenty of tendons in my hands and feet (and the formerly injured ones sometimes slip to this day) from skating/football/basketball, but the worst injury was bashing my elbow open so bad that I could see the bone. Nothing was broken, just exposed. I was skating down a HUGE hill with loose trucks in the rain, and I fell. The gash was so deep that I didn't feel it, and was shocked when I rolled my shirt off to wash off some blood and saw it. Had to get stitches

Oh, and I also got a massive cut on my forehead when I hit some Asian dude's face with my face, accidentally, in a Lamb of God mosh pit. The blood gushed and gushed and took forever to stop. Surprisingly, it healed without stitches
10.08.2010 - 10:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I was dropped on my head when I was a baby...
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
10.08.2010 - 10:40
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I was too, but I'm the only person in my family who isn't retarded, so maybe it helped?
10.08.2010 - 13:59
vezzy
Stallmanite
I've sprained my leg once and another time I tripped and fell on a bunch of sand and glass shards, scraping my knee a bit horridly. It healed without stitches or anything, have a semi-visible scar now.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
10.08.2010 - 15:55
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by tulkas on 10.08.2010 at 06:56

Written by Uirapuru on 09.08.2010 at 22:02

That's how Bob Marley died, you know... He broke his toenail or something when playing football, it got infected and bam! Dead.

Yeah. What an honor for me... XD

But I would not refuse to amputate the toe in that case.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
10.08.2010 - 16:17
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by whatsacow on 10.08.2010 at 01:51

Broke my left collarbone twice, once when i was six from falling off monkey bars, and once when i was 11 i flipped my KX 60. I fell off my bmx and got a shitload of gravel under my fingernails, and 3 of them came off.
I got knocked out when some dickhead pushed a trolley off the roof of the school and it landed on my head (lucky it wasnt a high building

ooh... i had a kx 60, on the first ride we went about 8 miles from anything and it blew up... we had already crossed 2 swamps...
plus the trolley thing sounds hilarious!! but painful...
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
10.08.2010 - 16:36
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I'm going to pull a derwood here

Broken Bones: 7

LEFT WRIST and RIGHT COLLARBONE racing my dirtbike
LEFT FOOT TWICE once riding my dirtbike, once playing football (not soccer) some guy stepped on my foot and i turned to run... snap, ahhhh!!!
RIGHT FOOT once playing tag in 1st grade

Those were all confirmed by a doctor, these weren't

RIGHT HAND- smart me, i stole my sisters bike, with her chasing me a hit my sick 4 foot kicker landed sideways. it swelled up like a balloon and now i have a little bump on it
NOSE- slammed it on a door

possible a couple of fingers and toes then and there to.

Cuts: 1
I stepped on a piece of glass while swimming in a lake

Sprains: ?
countless sprains.

Concussions: only 1

again riding my dirtbike...

Times in wheelchair: 0
i've only ever used crutches...
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
10.08.2010 - 16:44
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I fell of the roof while playing with my kite, breaking both legs in the process for about 4 months
10.08.2010 - 18:24
Fane
Written by Powerslavex on 10.08.2010 at 16:44

I fell of the roof while playing with my kite, breaking both legs in the process for about 4 months

Many could ask why you were on the roof with a kite >=D Moar wind?
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
10.08.2010 - 18:25
FOOCK Nam
Written by Dangerboner on 10.08.2010 at 08:34

I've fallen on my head while being drunk a few times and blacked out with minimal memory, including on Saturday lol, where I slipped somehow and hit my head on concrete. Another time I did this was a couple of years ago in a relatively empty club. I was dancing with this chick and she was showing me up, so my dumbass tries to do a backfilp, but my shoe slipped off in the air and I knocked myself out on the hard floor. They literally threw me out, but at least I woke up outside with her rubbing my back

I've fucked up plenty of tendons in my hands and feet (and the formerly injured ones sometimes slip to this day) from skating/football/basketball, but the worst injury was bashing my elbow open so bad that I could see the bone. Nothing was broken, just exposed. I was skating down a HUGE hill with loose trucks in the rain, and I fell. The gash was so deep that I didn't feel it, and was shocked when I rolled my shirt off to wash off some blood and saw it. Had to get stitches

Oh, and I also got a massive cut on my forehead when I hit some Asian dude's face with my face, accidentally, in a Lamb of God mosh pit. The blood gushed and gushed and took forever to stop. Surprisingly, it healed without stitches

Dude, the club injury story is true or a joke ? either way your funny guy

The other injury story rest is not really funny so comment
10.08.2010 - 18:41
FOOCK Nam

I have been stabbed at arm(small cut) and chest (blame woman, I would kill that bitch) not deep at age 14 .

Dude, what did you do to her ? Very your surprising history

Some Injuries I have severely most are when I tried to shoot ball from very far the basket, I fell down and rolled that made my knee cut somewhat deep; another one is when I was in the hospital I bang my head on the wall, haha to make fun the mileu there, actually it is fake commit and the injure is nothing much, though there was another man who imitated me, and he got big wounded that needs to be bandaged lol.
10.08.2010 - 19:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by FOOCK Nam on 10.08.2010 at 18:41

I have been stabbed at arm(small cut) and chest (blame woman, I would kill that bitch) not deep at age 14 .

Dude, what did you do to her ? Very your surprising history

Nothing, and if I see her around I will stab her to, dosnt metter quencequences , there some thinks what you never can forgive
To me nothing, but werry close ppl to me, lets say fuck all life
----

apos;'
[image]
10.08.2010 - 19:51
Kasper
Ohh I remember one!

Once in psychics class we had to do some experiments, and I forgot to use water to make special instruments glide easier into some rubber-thing, anyway - I pushed so hard that the glass "pike" cracked, and 1 sec later I had 7 mm thin glas pike through my hand. I laughed at it, the girls in the class cried. I'll never forget xD
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
10.08.2010 - 20:29
Kennoth
I don't think I ever broke a bone or had any sort of serious injury... Two weeks ago I crashed from the bike, mostly just some bruise, though my left hand still hurts if put in certain position.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
11.08.2010 - 01:44
whatsacow
Written by Boxcar Willy on 10.08.2010 at 16:17

Written by whatsacow on 10.08.2010 at 01:51

ooh... i had a kx 60, on the first ride we went about 8 miles from anything and it blew up... we had already crossed 2 swamps...
plus the trolley thing sounds hilarious!! but painful...

Yeah, painful alright... KX 60's are pretty damn powerful for a 60cc engine. First bike i ever owned. It didn't last long...
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
11.08.2010 - 04:50
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Written by Fane on 10.08.2010 at 18:24

i sneaked behind my parents back i was only 6, and i needed some wind:lol:
11.08.2010 - 06:42
Derwood
Written by Boxcar Willy on 10.08.2010 at 16:36

I'm going to pull a derwood here

Excellent! I have achieved infamy!
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
11.08.2010 - 15:48
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Oops i forgot to add i sprained my neck when my cousin pushed me of a deck.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
11.08.2010 - 16:04
Fane
Written by Powerslavex on 11.08.2010 at 04:50

Written by Fane on 10.08.2010 at 18:24

i sneaked behind my parents back i was only 6, and i needed some wind:lol:

Of course, kids. They always have good ideas
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun