Metal Storm logo
Insomnium - Sign With Century Media Records

Official press release

We are very happy to announce that we have signed a worldwide deal with the mighty Century Media Records. Throughout the spring and summer we negotiated with several attractive labels but in the end it was clear that Century Media would be our home for the years to come. Their enthusiasm, professionalism and genuine love for music made an instant impact on us. We are convinced that this alliance will lead to even greater achievements in the future and also avails us to tour outside Europe more often. And naturally it is a great honor for us to stand in the same team with the likes of Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy, Paradise Lost, The Haunted, Finntroll and Turisas. A new exciting chapter in the story of Insomnium has begun!

We want to thank Jens Prueter and the whole Century Media crew for putting their trust in us. We thank our manager Jukka Varmo for handling the negotiations very smoothly. We also wish to thank our previous label Candlelight Records for the decade that we spent with them. We salute you all!

Jens Prueter, Head Of A&R Century Media Europe commented: "It's great to welcome a band that has developed over the past year to one of the most exciting bands in the Metal scene. I always liked their unique mix of Finnish melancholy with Melodic Death Metal and even more so they always blew my mind seeing them live. You can feel that this is a band of brothers who haven't changed their line-up since their debut album in 2002. In case of doubt go and see them on their tour with Dark Tranquillity this Fall - you won't be disappointed! I cheer my horns up North and thank Insomnium for their trust in Century Media Records."

And last but not least - the biggest thanks goes to all our fans! We would've not got this far without you! See you on tour, dear friends!

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Insomnium
Posted: 16.08.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 75 users
16.08.2010 - 22:22
Opethian

Hopefully for the best, these guys never FAIL to impress.
17.08.2010 - 00:17
warrior_of_ice

Good stuff. hope to see them in Toronto ASAP
17.08.2010 - 08:02
Sy-Furr

Yay! I need a US tour!
17.08.2010 - 14:24
fazzeh

Fact: Century Media doesn't make for better albums.
18.08.2010 - 04:05
Wishmaster
Account deleted
I love Insomnium, and I hope Century Media wouldn't turn them into another melodeath act.
03.10.2010 - 15:08
FeskarN

Nice!
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
29.03.2011 - 10:19
ensiferumlism

Century Media is a big famaly of metalcore, deathcore...xxxcore...

Hits total: 2333 | This month: 3