10. Break Of Day
11. We Rule The Night
12. Dead And Gone [bonus]
13. Perfect Alibi [Japanese bonus]

Bottom 20 albums of all time: 15

Guest review by
iaberis
Rating:
Sonic Syndicate is surely the band with the weirdest musical evolution in this passing decade. They began as a Gothenburg Metal band with their decent Eden Fire album in 2005, then got Roland Johansson in their line up and released in 2007 Only Inhuman, a mix of Gothenburg Metal with American Alternative Rock. In 2008, Love And Other Disasters saw the light of day, that marked a step even further in the American Nu Metal and Melodic Metalcore scene. 2009 was the year that Roland Johansson decided to leave the band (couldn't stand the criticism maybe?) and was replaced by Nathan J. Biggs.

Read more ››
published 30.11.2010 | Comments (3)

Guest review by
Homer S.
Rating:
I consider myself an easy going guy. Nothing out of the ordinary can faze me (except maybe a bald Brittany Spears, or Pepsi-removing Dr. Pepper in various food joints, but that's another story?) except when I come across music so horrendous, so grotesquely pretentious that I have to play that shit over and over again, just to know if this is some kind of an inside joke, only to realize that I would have been much better NOT playing it. Well, guess what? I'm on barbiturates right now because of the mental trauma administered by an abomination of an album entitled We Rule The Night?

Read more ››
published 11.12.2010 | Comments (6)

Found in 2 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 20   Visited by: 754 users
30.08.2010 - 02:02
Rating: 6
Infidel
Child of Hell
The weakest album I've heard this year but I give them 6 'coz I have heart and give them less than 6 would cause remorses
06.09.2010 - 01:09
xoudibolla

We Rule The Night, in my opinion is the worst of all other work, I had a great expectation for this release, because listening to the single burn this city, really liked it.
But to hear all the new work, I was disappointed it feels to dance music. Can not compare it to the other CDs as Eden Fire, Only Human, and Love & Other Disasters that are excellent. My fifth grade is to evolve in the next, and resume the heavy and vigorous style
13.09.2010 - 16:23
Prisoner
Account deleted
I bet the new dimmu borgir album will beat this album in crappiness!
22.09.2010 - 00:18
iaberis
Advice Troll
This was quite a disappointment...
----
Bitch! Please
29.09.2010 - 11:30
Rating: 2
XooKi3

I agree with iaberis and xoudibolla, this new album is nothing like their previous work!

If you are expecting "sonic syndicate" you wont find it in this album.
06.10.2010 - 11:49
<O>!<O>
Account deleted
This album is beyond greatness! Easily the best thing to happen to metal in a decade!
...not...
Where do I even start with this pile o' garbage? To start, the faggety ass new singer activates my gag reflex involuntarily, the songwriting has gone down the drain, the lyrics cater to teen angst (Beauty and the Freak? Yuck!) and, to top it all off, songs such as "My Own Life", "Miles Apart" and "Turn It Up" just make me want to embrace my inner gangsta than contemplate any further over this piece of shit...

The only positive thing I can scrape out of this debacle is the cover, for which my rating went up a whole point...

All in all, Sonic Syndicate, a band I once liked, may have become irreperably 'demetalized'. A shame, indeed. Well done boys, Avril would have been proud...
07.10.2010 - 06:05
Lovecraft
Account deleted
Bloody hell! This album is awful. How much have they changed.
31.10.2010 - 17:44
Rating: 4
Cyroth

Bye bye Sonic Syndicate,an average band gone to Shitty Town.As many say :"Burn this CD".
----
31.10.2010 - 21:41
Rating: 1
FeskarN

Totally agree all. This album is horrible. I dont like the new singer to start with at all and the songs are so boring. The guitar work is just so lame. Dont really know what they were thinking here. And in other news so has the Richard (the good singer) left the band. I totally understand his decition. You cant even hear his vocals at some times, they were just putting them in the background.. Read his statement about the situation herehttp://richardsjunnesson.blogg.se
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
01.11.2010 - 18:12
<O>!<O>
Account deleted
Written by FeskarN on 31.10.2010 at 21:41

Totally agree all. This album is horrible. I dont like the new singer to start with at all and the songs are so boring. The guitar work is just so lame. Dont really know what they were thinking here. And in other news so has the Richard (the good singer) left the band. I totally understand his decition. You cant even hear his vocals at some times, they were just putting them in the background.. Read his statement about the situation herehttp://richardsjunnesson.blogg.se

Dude, that just drives the nail down the coffin! Even though I didn't particularly dig Richard's vocals, I always thought that the three 'bros" were the heart and soul of the band. Seeing things turn out this way is a mighty shame coz they really had potential.

To Richard, respect brother. Instead of debasing himself any further, he chose the long, hard road out. I can't even begin to imagine what he must have felt seeing what he helped create turn into...
02.11.2010 - 16:24
Kenos
Account deleted
Sonic Syndicate's crowning achievement.
06.05.2011 - 05:56
What a fucking bullshit,,, this is lame
09.06.2011 - 23:46
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
When i first heard the single, i almost puked..
20.06.2011 - 22:15
Rating: 2
Therapy?

When I heard some songs from their first album "Eden Fire" I was blown away. I found it awesome music and their 2nd album was more goodness. After that it went downhill. "Love and Other Disasters" was an "ok" album, but lacked variety and got boring fast.

But this... this I don't even... it's just horrible. When I listened to the first single I was like "oh my..." (not in a good way). The singing was so horribly out of tune that I literally got the shivers going through my back.

And "My Own Life" ... wtf? YUCK! Horrible singing and cheesy as hell. Including the lyrics.

Nah... it's best to just bury this album somewhere deep. Very deep.
20.10.2011 - 17:37
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Cyroth on 31.10.2010 at 17:44

Bye bye Sonic Syndicate,an average band gone to Shitty Town.As many say :"Burn this CD".

haha +1.. I'm gonna call them Sonic Shitticate.

I find this album completely hilarious

...ly bad
04.12.2011 - 17:00
heteo

Not for listening... one of many that i trade
09.12.2011 - 20:59
who_cares

This Album is G R E A T, not at all but it is. And No one will say that it isn't
04.02.2012 - 05:27
RottingDeathHead
kingnothing_92@yahoo.com
I actually found this album to be good to listen too. Though it was not as good as there old albums, I still like
02.11.2013 - 21:57
Neroese
Account deleted
It hurts...
05.07.2016 - 12:54
Overrwatcher

If you wonder why this album is rated so low, and one of only two 1/10s I've ever given out (the other being Lulu), just listen to this and try to make it past 10 seconds of the actual song:

It's a shame, they were a pretty good band just two albums before, they had a real nice groovy lo-fi melodeath sound to them. Even their second album was fine, if a bit too much of screamy metalcore. The Unguided is the real Sonic Syndicate.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.

Hits total: 16354 | This month: 25