Metal Storm logo
Within Temptation - New Album Title Revealed

Dutch symphonic metal band Within Temptation has released the following statement:

"We're really excited to be able to finally announce the title of our new album.

Recently we've started giving clues on the website about our concept album. As you might have noticed our concept album is going to be based on a comic book series, written by Steven O'Connell (BloodRayne & Dark 48). We've asked comic artist Romano Molenaar (Witchblade, Darkness and X-men) to draw the characters and scenery.

The new album and comic will be titled: The Unforgiving.

On this album, we've taken a totally different approach. Each song on The Unforgiving was written along Steven's narrative. The main characters of the comic are reflecting the characters of our songs. The concept pushed us and gave inspiration to come up with a new approach in our sound. It resulted in writing our best songs so far.

We have been big comic fans since our childhood. With this album we felt the time was there to take a new step in our creative development, take it further and broaden our horizon. Next to the concept form of the album, the songs are more divers than ever before. In addition, the music of the late 80ies, that's when we started to read comic books, certainly has left a mark on our new sound.

The album is set for release in March 2011, but our loyal visitors knew this already."

Source: within-temptation.com
Band profile: Within Temptation
Posted: 20.11.2010 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 159 users
20.11.2010 - 16:38
Enissa
Comic booook????? anyway, the title looks promising, hopefully....!
20.11.2010 - 16:56
Feng
Interesting idea... lets see how it plays out :O
20.11.2010 - 18:27
CyberSymphony
Ollie
I'm not so sure about this new progression. But i'm will wait for more news.
20.11.2010 - 19:53
annodomini
I believe this could some kind of rock opera/symphony like Xmen symphony or smthng There will be less emtal for sure, but I believe they can make a brilliant epic album
----
the riddle wants to be...
20.11.2010 - 20:37
wormwood
I am doubting this is going to be metal at all, but anyway, i loved the comic book idea
i mean, X-MEN?!
20.11.2010 - 21:25
Elodie Artour
Slania
I don't know what to think of this... Seriously... :

The idea sounds interesting, though. Let's hope for the best! (Or at least something better than their last record...)
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
21.11.2010 - 11:37
Dark Blood
The Avenger
This sounds interesting. If only they could bring something like Mother Earth again... or maybe something less commercial... *Wakes up*!
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
21.11.2010 - 17:25
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by Irritable Ted on 21.11.2010 at 12:35

Hopefully they will go a step backwards and return to their more gothic sound. The americanized pop that they went to on the last album and single put me off.
I on the other hand loved it. But it was my first metal record that I listened to, so I am extremely biased
----
loves 小巫
24.11.2010 - 16:47
mariano
A band with comics influences ... I've seen metal bands like that before. What really concerns me is the following statement:
"In addition, the music of the late 80ies, that's when we started to read comic books, certainly has left a mark on our new sound."

I sense they may destroy their reputation.
25.11.2010 - 14:50
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Interesting idea that could work but also have a massive failure potential. We'll just have to wait and see
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep

Hits total: 3438 | This month: 6