Metal Storm logo
Apps for musicians

08.12.2010 - 22:48
Diplomat
Any iPhone users using good apps?

This is new for drummers:

Killer Beats App which has 40 of the best drum beats known to man!
Has AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Cream, Hendrix songs.

For each beat you can view a guy playing the drums, and it shows song info, drum tablature.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/killer-beats/id404806815?mt=8
08.12.2010 - 23:22
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Yes! Not sure about good Apps though, but I'm always interested in them!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
09.12.2010 - 01:01
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Fuck iphone , anyone got good computer applications (software) useful to musicians ?
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
09.12.2010 - 01:09
0rpheus
Written by Zombie on 09.12.2010 at 01:01

Fuck iphone , anyone got good computer applications (software) useful to musicians ?

Can you be more specific? do you mean for music making/mixing or what!
----
I would prefer not to.
09.12.2010 - 01:26
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Mmm a program good for recording, where i can plug my guitar and get effects n stuff and be able to record it (kinda like garage band but for non-apple platforms) and maybe a drums software (that sounds realistic) that would be useful in recording. i wouldnt mind bass and keyboards too if possible.
----

09.12.2010 - 02:04
0rpheus
Written by Zombie on 09.12.2010 at 01:26

Mmm a program good for recording, where i can plug my guitar and get effects n stuff and be able to record it (kinda like garage band but for non-apple platforms) and maybe a drums software (that sounds realistic) that would be useful in recording. i wouldnt mind bass and keyboards too if possible.

I use 'Mixcraft' or 'ACID Pro' for recording and mixing direct from my keyboard but since you need some extra features like virtual instruments; keyboard, drum kit, I recommend 'Steinberg Cubase' it will serve your needs.
----
I would prefer not to.
09.12.2010 - 15:57
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
I'll check it out, hope its easy to use as i had 'wavelab' and it was so complicated :S
----

09.12.2010 - 16:46
Adobe Audition 3.0 although it's from 2007 but it's really an excellent program, works with me very fine I mix/record everything using it, also I use Reaper which is a free software as a DAW for VSTi and VST it also works really fine, the reason for not using Adobe as a host cuz it's somehow slower while Reaper (64 bit version) is really super fast.