Metal Storm logo
Danzig

Original post

Posted by Darth Satanious, 17.05.2006 - 23:43
Here is the thread for the band of such an influential person as Danzig has been. His works with The Misfits have been covered by great bands such as "Guns N' Roses" and "Metallica" (James Hetfield acknowledges that he saw Danzig voice as an inspiration in order to develop an original voice as unique as his). Danzig's voice is one of the greatest out there, at least for me. He was first known for working with the Punk band: The Misfits. Leaving them after considering he was growing musically too fast for his band mates to keep up with him. Then he created Samhain and after that he created his own solo band which was intended to be since a long time ago but for some reasons he didn't rushed to put it out.

My favorite songs from them are: "Am I Demon", "How The Gods Kill" (love the video too ) and his most known song and often hated: "Mother".

What do you think of this band?
29.06.2014 - 10:11
Totenlieder
Written by deadone on 13.01.2014 at 01:00

I'm just discovering Danzig now (slow learner) and think they're awesome. Very unique sound and very good songs.

Yeah Danzig sounds like Jim Morrison of the Doors. I've seen Danzig live twice, better in concert than in studio.
----
Blut & Krieg
12.11.2014 - 13:10
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by White Winter Sun on 09.11.2007 at 21:23

Danzig's little problem on stage here.

lol the gods tried to kill him
----
Christless
12.11.2014 - 23:13
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Totenlieder on 29.06.2014 at 10:11

Yeah Danzig sounds like Jim Morrison of the Doors. I've seen Danzig live twice, better in concert than in studio.

He's also called the Evil Elvis...

Like the band, though the first two releases blow the rest out of the water.

I has better songs than II - Lucifuge, but the production on II is so superior I prefer it overall.

(re-read the thread, brought this up long ago, and apparently the only thing that has changed in regards to Danzig with me is I prefer II to I by a tiny margin now.)
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
22.11.2014 - 02:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BitterCOld on 12.11.2014 at 23:13

Written by Totenlieder on 29.06.2014 at 10:11

He's also called the Evil Elvis...

Like the band, though the first two releases blow the rest out of the water.

I has better songs than II - Lucifuge, but the production on II is so superior I prefer it overall.

I think all are good to Danzig 4 , even last one also blow away his late 90's and early 00's but old ones are good, I like his voice and music, in some way its unique, and he has special voice, hard to replace it and I also like his videos,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.12.2014 - 14:38
Used to like him. Now I'm not really into his music.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
24.04.2015 - 01:19
Filthgrinder
Am I Demon and She Rides are really good songs. I do prefer this band over Misfits.
----
11.03.2016 - 15:39
ifihadafish
I- IV are the true classics. Some decent stuff afterwards but very hit and miss. Latter records suffer from awful guitar tones or solos - you really miss John Christ's input in that department.

My first band played one headlining gig (out of a total of 6 gigs in our time together). We had about 3-4 original tunes, a few covers from Sabbath, Trouble, Alice In Chains and Celtic Frost - and for some reason we decided to play for 90 minutes - so I think we had a total of 15 odd Danzig related songs in the set! Only I to III was out then, so that's where the focus was, with 1 Misfits and 1 Samhaim tune thrown in for good measure.
01.04.2016 - 21:16
Rasputin
Danzig lost himself for a long, long time. The last album was the closest return to form in a while, however, the production was horrible and the sound was pretty bad on several songs. I heard he was supposed to to one more album but with him who knows. He can put out a great show, too bad he is an asshole.
10.02.2018 - 05:34
Drippy.Hippie
Hmmm, I never really thought of Danzig as 'rock', the music is definitely a hybrid, but Danzig is still Metal.

Anyway, Danzig is one of my all-time favorites! The name, "Evil Elvis" suits Glenn perfectly. The first four records will always be the best Danzig material by far (Especially Danzig 2 and 3), but pretty much all of his records are worth listening to, even his Mid-Life Crisis electronic stuff, lol (which is pretty much some of the only electronic-ish sort of music I'll sit down and listen to).......I only deem 'Circle Of Snakes' (Danzig 8) as garbage.

Danzig is such an awesome band.
----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.