Metal Storm logo
Classical music recomendations

19.09.2006 - 16:30
Soliloquy
well, as many of you may know, tons of these big guitarists like Malmsteen, Romeo, Satriani, Vai, Alexi etc play classical music adapted to the guitar. from mozart, to bethoven, bach etc.

and latly, ive been doing the same. well, not technical. but still.

the things ive been playing so far are:

turkish march
for elis
mozarts 40th symphony(or maybe 41st..dont know. i tabbed it)
bits and pieces of beethovens 9th and 3rd symphony
oh fortuna by carl orff
some song by edward grieg(covered by Kamelot, and Midnattsol)

i'm trying to find tabs of lacrimosa by mozart. but cant find it anywhere...

so tell me some easy, or sort fo easy songs.

thanks
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
19.09.2006 - 17:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
fur elise is wonderful for acoustic guitarists.it's easy and it sounds like genius
19.09.2006 - 17:40
Soliloquy
oh, and i can also play most of 'seven sirens and a silver tear' by Sirenia. its not one of the composers, but that sogn sounds like a piano sonata. i can do most of it, other than where you have to sweep pick. i cant sweep for shit.

yeah, fur elise is easy. but too easy. i can pull that off on one string, so nothing all too technical. i like the technicality of turkish march though. not too hard, but not too easy either
----

-Zakk Wylde
22.09.2006 - 00:49
W-Lash
Metal Master
Try Badinerie. I don't remembe who was it's composer (Mozart, Beethoven or Bach) but it's good!
22.09.2006 - 16:11
Soliloquy
Written by W-Lash on 22.09.2006 at 00:49

Try Badinerie. I don't remembe who was it's composer (Mozart, Beethoven or Bach) but it's good!

i dont like bach much, but this one is actually pretty good. and its easy to play, so its something i can play through out. thanks

oh, and i just tabbed the intro to 'moonlight sonata'. not as easy as it sounds
----

-Zakk Wylde
22.09.2006 - 19:36
Skald
Account deleted
Written by Soliloquy on 19.09.2006 at 16:30

Isn't Lacrimosa the last 6 lines of Dies Irae?
Dies Irae isn't that hard to find, so maybe use that.
23.09.2006 - 02:22
Soliloquy
Written by Guest on 22.09.2006 at 19:36

Written by Soliloquy on 19.09.2006 at 16:30

Isn't Lacrimosa the last 6 lines of Dies Irae?
Dies Irae isn't that hard to find, so maybe use that.

i found two guitarpro files for that. and all i get is about 9 or maybe 10 acoustic guitars playing different stuff at the same thing, and in the end, it just sounds like some techno. not really lacrimosa.

maybe there are two different lacrimosa versions? i'm talking about the one that stars off with a viola, or a violin. it hits about 4 or 5 notes, and then the choir(female dominated) says 'la-cari-mosa' for a bunch of times
----

-Zakk Wylde
23.09.2006 - 03:08
Skald
Account deleted
Written by Soliloquy on 23.09.2006 at 02:22

i found two guitarpro files for that. and all i get is about 9 or maybe 10 acoustic guitars playing different stuff at the same thing, and in the end, it just sounds like some techno. not really lacrimosa.

I know which one you mean. The other is a metal version, isn't it? Not all too impressive too, however.

Anyway, don't know if this sort is of your liking, but I pretty much enjoy playing Wagner's Ride of The Valkyries
Actually, it's the only learn-below-an-hour bit I enjoy playing.
24.09.2006 - 21:50
yvesson
Hej,
Well I like to play the vivaldi tribute patrick Rondat plays (very hard but one day...)
Also I like much Bach (air on a G string or toccata and fugues).
I also play most of those you mentionned in the first post. I also gave a try on paganini's 5th caprise, but there is anothger which is way easier (can't remember if it is n°24 ?). Also there is that famous O.S.T. of the movie "Jeux interdits".
24.12.2006 - 22:38
Xeper
Account deleted
Bach's Invention no.4 is pretty fun to play, and easy one too. No idea about possible tabs tho, I just used the notes.
31.12.2006 - 23:49
Revenga10V
Account deleted
Vivaldi's Four Seasons are really fun to play, Paganini's work, specially the 5th Caprice is fucking insane, but really helps to improve your guitar playing...
10.10.2007 - 12:39
Sunioj
Damn, I wish I saw this thread before....
10.10.2007 - 14:11
Soliloquy
oh, and just to add to that list, mozarts Marriage of Figaro i now have under my fingers!!!

well...other than the last 10 bars or so. fucking mozarts shredding abilities! not that he was shredding on guitar and stuff...

and vivaldi's 4 seasons is incredible! i tried to play summer on several occasions, and failed to do so, and quit. but i think i should try spring or autumn first, as they seem much more easy to pull off.
----

-Zakk Wylde
17.10.2007 - 08:36
Tyrn_gorthad
Account deleted
@ Soliloquy: what do you play for O Fortuna? do you jsut run through the vocal melodies? I transposed the melodies and found it way too boring.
17.10.2007 - 19:29
Soliloquy
Written by Guest on 17.10.2007 at 08:36

@ Soliloquy: what do you play for O Fortuna? do you jsut run through the vocal melodies? I transposed the melodies and found it way too boring.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yzAe_xWpJgM

you can jam with it too. playing with friends, with lots of reverb adds to the fun.
its easy, yet fun.
----

-Zakk Wylde
17.10.2007 - 20:12
Lord TJ
Written by Guest on 31.12.2006 at 23:49

Vivaldi's Four Seasons are really fun to play, Paganini's work, specially the 5th Caprice is fucking insane, but really helps to improve your guitar playing...

QFT, I tried learning this, failed terribly, but it helped me out a lot!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage