Metal Storm logo
Cerebral Bore - Members Mistakenly Arrested In Drug Store Killer Hunt

The following cool story was brought to you by the chaps in Scottish brutal death metal act Cerebral Bore.

Two members of Cerebral Bore were mistakenly arrested in New York City recently amidst the hunt for a man who murdered a number of people at a drug store.

The band had been out celebrating the end of their tour when guitarist Paul McGuire and bassist Kyle Rutherford went to a drug store in the early morning hours. Although the store's doors were open and the lights were on, it appeared that it was not officially open for business as an alarm went off, so the band members left and went to another store down the road. As they were leaving, a number of NYPD squad cars surrounded them and they were thrown to the ground by police officers and arrested at gunpoint. The two were charged with criminal trespass, petit larceny, burglary and criminal possession of stolen property.

The pair spent the next 36 hours being moved between crowded jail cells and witnessing violence and intimidation from the other inmates. The real drug store killer was later arrested and, following a court appearance, all charges were dropped and the members of Cerebral Bore were eventually released.

Watch a video of McGuire and Rutherfor discussing their harrowing experience below.

Source: bravewords.com
Posted: 14.07.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 89 users
14.07.2011 - 01:50
Elodie Artour
Slania
Lol, what a story! Cute innocent guys getting arrested by accidtent. xD The one on the left looks pretty much scared.

btw, I just love Scottish accent!
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
14.07.2011 - 04:58
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Sweet story! That must've sucked for them...

I couldn't understand a thing they're saying though... Lol
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
14.07.2011 - 06:01
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Wtf is petit larceny? It's petty larceny. Probably translates to the same thing but whatever.

Oh man it woulda been hilarious to see a pair of Scottish dudes in a holding cell with a buncha cut thoat New York criminals being taunted and threatened with violence hahahahaha

And yeaah, dude on the left looks hella traumatized. FUCK THA POLICE.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
14.07.2011 - 07:58
SlaytanicGonzo
Infidelamsterdam must be pissed
14.07.2011 - 09:03
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Seeing how paranoid the immigration people are there, even though this was done by mistake i think they can kiss the USA goodbye. And all "thanks" to a ridiculous mistake like this.
14.07.2011 - 10:44
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by Valentin B on 14.07.2011 at 09:03

Seeing how paranoid the immigration people are there, even though this was done by mistake i think they can kiss the USA goodbye. And all "thanks" to a ridiculous mistake like this.

As far as I'm concerned, they were only touring there. Who in their right minds would refuse to tour a whole country again JUST because of a police mistake?

Of course, the whole situation is ridiculous and the police should've apologised adequately.
----
14.07.2011 - 10:54
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Elodie Artour on 14.07.2011 at 10:44

Written by Valentin B on 14.07.2011 at 09:03

As far as I'm concerned, they were only touring there. Who in their right minds would refuse to tour a whole country again JUST because of a police mistake?

Of course, the whole situation is ridiculous and the police should've apologised adequately.

I'm not saying they don't want to tour the USA. I'm saying that because of their paranoia, the immigration people are going to see this event in their criminal records and probably deny their visa if they want to organize a tour of the US.
14.07.2011 - 12:26
AXA
\../ BRUTAL WAY \../
14.07.2011 - 12:33
Elodie Artour
Slania
@Vali: Yeah, I may agree on that one. It's the United States we're talking about after all.
----
22.07.2011 - 08:30
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Hahaha this is hilarious. Feel sorry for the poor buggers.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here

Hits total: 2299 | This month: 5