07. The Neverending Story
08. Hymn [Ultravox cover]
09. Silent Scream [2004 version]
10. A Little Moment of Desperation

Staff review by
Undercraft
Rating:
Good yet not too inventive

Is funny that a band from Switzerland uses a Spanish word as a band name, although quite understandable for all, Lunatica is the female form of Lunatic, also Lunatica is a Gothic Metal band and Fables & Dreams is their sophomore effort.

I could describe this band as a mix of Nightwish and Edenbridge, while the style is mainly Gothic Metal you'll find some Power Metal overtones here and there, I assume this comes from direct influence of their producer, no one else than Mr. Sascha Paeth, pretty popular for his work with established Power acts like Rhapsody and Kamelot.

Read more ››
published 27.04.2005 | Comments (3)

Guest review by
Bas
Rating:
"Long ago, Atlantis was found. But my search continues, the search for a book. This book was born in heaven, it protected all of our dreams, stories and hopes. Now it's time to open this book, it's time to read the first chapter of Fables & Dreams." *the cry of a sea-bird and then epic introduction music*

Read more ››
published 04.12.2006 | Comments (0)

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 59 users
16.07.2011 - 09:24
Rating: 7
ohmayhem

Great album, the vocalist is really unique.
05.03.2013 - 09:57
Rhiannon
Account deleted
Fantastic album. Catchy, poppish, but in the best way possible. Every song has a memorable melody which will stuck in your head. I don't think it's too similar to Nightwish, or they haven't found their style yet. IMO this is their best album, I don't like the later ones at all. The best songs are A Little Moment of Desperation, The Neverending Story and Hymn.
Btw I think Andrea, the vocalist sounds a bit like Kylie Minogue, but it's not a bad thing.

Hits total: 6982 | This month: 18