Metal Storm logo
Favorite Faith No More album

Poll

What is your favorite Faith No More album?

Angel Dust
The Real Thing
King For A Day, Fool For A Lifetime
We Care A Lot
Introduce Yourself
Album Of The Year

Total votes: 25
13.08.2011 - 09:43
Void Eater
Account deleted
Simple enough, what is your favorite album by Faith No More? These guys had a habit of reinventing themselves with each realease, but maintaining a high level of quality. I'm currently split between Angel Dust and King For A Day. They are the most varried of the band's albums, with Angel Dust being more synth based and King For A Day generally being more 'raw' and heavier, with perhaps the most diversity of any FNM album. No vote for me at the moment, but let's see what you fellows like.
04.09.2011 - 15:52
Metal_4Ever
The Real Thing with no doubt, I think it's the best album by them.
04.09.2011 - 16:11
Baz Anderson
Staff
I guess "The Real Thing" is my favourite too, but "Angel Dust" is also very good...
04.09.2011 - 16:22
Metal_4Ever
Written by Baz Anderson on 04.09.2011 at 16:11

I guess "The Real Thing" is my favourite too, but "Angel Dust" is also very good...

I was actually torn between "The Real Thing" and "Angel Dust" but I opted The Real Thing because this album was the first album i've heard for them and actually Angel Dust wasn't that greatness as far as TRT.
04.09.2011 - 17:13
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I can't choose! "The Real Thing", "Angel Dust", and "King For A Day..." are all equally great in their own ways.
07.09.2011 - 02:41
blacktooth85
I went with Angel Dust. It was close one between that and The Real Thing. Lately I've been listening to Angel Dust a lot. It's so goddamn original even for Faith No More
08.09.2011 - 19:48
Hellish Star
The Real Thing
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
08.09.2011 - 20:19
Metal_4Ever
Written by Hellish Star on 08.09.2011 at 19:48

The Real Thing

Without any doubt.
09.09.2011 - 00:27
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Angel Dust gets my vote... Real Thing was simplistic and straightforward. Angel Dust was so much more chaotic and downright bizarre at times.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
09.09.2011 - 02:31
GroundZero
In my opinion the best Faith No More albums are "King for a Day..." and "Angel Dust".
10.09.2011 - 04:01
KameloticA
The Real Thing is the best album they'd released.
08.10.2011 - 18:21
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Thinking about it some more, if I was absolutely forced to choose, I think I would go for "Angel Dust"... "King For Day..." is a very schizophrenic album, but that's more in the variety of different genre's on offer in the album. "Angel Dust" is schizophrenic too, but more in that the songs themselves are chaotic, which gives the album a very unhinged, crazed feel. The two albums it's sandwhiched between are also amazing, but "Angel Dust" just has that little extra something that makes it one of the greatest albums ever made.
09.10.2011 - 23:02
GroundZero
Written by Angelic Storm on 08.10.2011 at 18:21

"King For Day..." is a very schizophrenic album, but that's more in the variety of different genre's on offer in the album. "Angel Dust" is schizophrenic too, but more in that the songs themselves are chaotic, which gives the album a very unhinged, crazed feel.

Excuse me lady, are you a music psychiatrist?
10.10.2011 - 02:48
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by GroundZero on 09.10.2011 at 23:02
Excuse me lady, are you a music psychiatrist?

Haha! Yeah well... I think I make a very accurate diagnosis'
20.10.2011 - 05:03
Garth Vader
The Real Thing has a more accessible song list and was pretty ground breaking when it came out (as well as controversial). I will admit to a great affinity for Angel Dust's - Midlife Crisis, which had me banging my head to every radio airplay when it came out, but the song quality was a bit uneven. Some songs were great and some were just... well, weird and got skipped. I didn't get into Introduce yourself or King for a Day. Just disappointed in the styles that were different than Real Thing, and Introduce Yourself wasn't Mike Patton which was the amazing thing about Faith No More. I actually really liked Album of the Year after the disappointment of King for a Day. Overall The Real Thing reigns supreme though. I give it an 8.5.
----
Now I so clearly see how I have murdered me
25.10.2011 - 14:12
Sonic MrSumo
Angel Dust is in my top 3 albums of all time. A pure masterpiece in my opinion.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
19.10.2012 - 21:32
MarkCrawford
Angel Dust a great album. I love it till this very day.