Metal Storm logo
Android Vs Apple

Original post

Posted by Metal_4Ever, 01.09.2011 - 00:16
Hey everyone!, I made this poll to see which better, Apple or Android.
Apple is that American multinational corporation that designs and markets consumer electronics, computer software, and PCs.
The company's best-known hardware products include the Macintosh line of computers, the iPod, the iPhone and the iPad. Apple software includes the Mac OS X operating system; the iTunes media browser.
Established on April 1, 1976 in California, America.
Android is an operating system for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers. It is developed by the Open Handset Alliance led by Google.
So I ask you Which of these do you wish to get? a smart phone in Android system or any product from Apple.

Poll

Which one do you prefer?

Android
Apple

Total votes: 33
19.01.2019 - 18:55
MetalSpider
Android for me...I've used iPhones and Android phones and just prefer everything about Android phones. I will say though, in my case experience, iPhones do run smoother more of the time (less bugs and hiccups). I have a Samsung Galaxy S8, had an LG G4 and a Note 4 and they were and aren't as smooth as the iPhone 6 that I had. I had the iPhone 6 for 2 years and rarely had any issues or hiccups with it. I have the S8 now and it does so many weird things randomly that sometimes I just have to restart my phone. I still prefer Android though with all the customization and just prefer their design and usability.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
10.08.2019 - 20:36
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Android 4 life.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
18.08.2019 - 11:41
Big-Al
Android
----

I drink moosepiss
06.05.2020 - 16:31
normanj
Written by Metal_4Ever on 01.09.2011 at 00:16

Hey everyone!, I made this poll to see which better, Apple or Android.
Apple is that American multinational corporation that designs and markets consumer electronics, computer software, and PCs.
The company's best-known hardware products include the Macintosh line of computers, the iPod, the iPhone apps and the iPad. Apple software includes the Mac OS X operating system; the iTunes media browser.
Established on April 1, 1976 in California, America.
Android is an operating system for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers. It is developed by the Open Handset Alliance led by Google.
So I ask you Which of these do you wish to get? a smart phone in Android system or any product from Apple.

One of the greatest battles of all time�

NOBODY'S been able to provide an answer.

And I can't either.
06.05.2020 - 23:16
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Neither.

It's Windows.
07.05.2020 - 20:11
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Both awful
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
25.08.2020 - 21:07
brimarsh
I had an iPhone for many years; I got the iPhone 4s the week of its release after a Blackberry and primitive Androids prior to that. The iPhone 6s was the last Apple product I had and have since entirely ditched them for Androids. I just recently purchased an LG V60 in the past few months and, aside from some head-scratchingly archaic software quirks, the phone itself is extraordinarily nice. The Hi-Fi quad DAC is great for music.
13.09.2020 - 01:22
elisecoen
The iPhone and Android offer similar user experience once you are inside any app as layouts, controls, features and UI are all same in general. But if you are not inside an app and you are at OS level, things are quite different.

The iOS is quite restricted, controlled and not so scalable from end user perspective. So if you are a tech geek and intend to gain granular level control of the phone, then it will be must more difficult on iPhone than an Android phone. But things have changed for good in last few years. Few of the things which you could not do earlier but probably can do now on iPhone.

1. Installing third party apps
2. Using bluetooth for file transfer
3. Accessing the file system via file brower
4. Copying songs directly to phone. Needs itunes or specific third party softwares. On Android, it is as easy as
copying a file.
5. Customizing the phone UI elements. It is much easier on Android on any given day.
6. Rooting is much more difficult on iPhones.

This is not complete list though.

So far I am not aware of any major restrictions on Android.

The main point of iPhone is that it brought the current UI of smartphones before Google could bring in Android. I can only imagine what would have been the landscape if Android would have come first. Android has also gained popularity because it is licensed but still appears to be or behaves like an Open Source OS which anyone can put on any phone ranging from 50 USD to 2000 USD.

The iPhone changed the way we interacted with phones compared to MS Windows Mobile phones which I used for ling time before switching to Android.

The iPhones are considered to be much more secure but that is again due to the constraints Apple puts on it. If you put a lot of locks and walls on a house, it will be secure anyway.

Summary is if you are a simple no nonsense user and love to be told what to do and what not, go for iPhone. If you are a tech nerd who would love to go beyond what is obvious then go for Android.
01.02.2021 - 02:51
JavierPaper
IOS:
Android:
Windows:
Linux: