Metal Storm logo
Sleep - On your own or with someone?

Original post

Posted by whatsacow, 06.10.2011 - 18:46
The question is simple, do you prefer sleeping on your own or with somebody? This isn't a thread about sex, it is merely about how you like to sleep. Personally, I like knowing someone is near me, and beig able to reach out and touch them, but I still like my own space.

Poll

Do you prefer sleepig on your own or with someone else?

On your own
With someone

Total votes: 62
07.10.2011 - 16:26
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Ernis on 07.10.2011 at 00:46

I was speaking bout having to share bed with friends and relatives in situations when there's not enough couches/mattresses for everyone in the room. This means fighting over the domination of bed.
Speaking bout after-sex sleep which you probably had in mind, it'd be hard for a girl to fall for she'd be on me/under my arm or sth... plus I'm careful not picking up chicks who occupy too wide space...
Heard bout duds being suffocated mid-intercourse by their huge chicks...

I know what you meant buddy You just killed my joke now... I wonder how that would translate in boxing. Probably a large explanation of the current world situation right after my uppercut... leaving me speechless and unwilling to fight anymore.

Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.10.2011 at 01:04

Written by Roro on 07.10.2011 at 01:01
Actually i prefer to sleep with my cats or any furry pet.

I love sleeping with a cat. I don't know about cats, but having at least one in the bed is nice.

When my folks visited Chile I was alone for one month with my two cats... They obviously were kind of lonely because they started to sleep with me all that month. Was kind of nice... It was winter after all. Although I didn't have a lot of space to move around.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
07.10.2011 - 18:22
whatsacow
Written by Himann on 07.10.2011 at 11:11

I dont sleep very easily generally (unless I'm drunk or tired or something). I generally find it hard to get much sleep when I'm sleeping with someone else, specially if its a new bed and new surroundings which is often the case.

I'm also quite bad at snuggling. I often find my arm trapped under her and I dont like to move much when she's got her head on my shoulder or something. I find it almost impossible to sleep while snuggling. Girls on the other hand seem to have no problem at all with this and sleep soundly through the night. Go figure.

Ahh... I have that problem. And when you're spooning, where the heck are you supposed to put that other arm?
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
08.10.2011 - 12:54
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
I tend to sleep easily when I'm in the company of someone else because I stop tossing and turning.
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
08.10.2011 - 16:54
If the bed is big enough it's fine, but trying to share a single bed is a bloody nightmare!
----
THRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!
08.10.2011 - 18:21
Sophist
It's almost impossible for me to sleep in the same bed with someone else.
The only time I managed to do that I was awake for over 24 hours.
10.10.2011 - 13:04
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by whatsacow on 07.10.2011 at 18:22

Ahh... I have that problem. And when you're spooning, where the heck are you supposed to put that other arm?

Yeah exactly. There's no comfortable way of doing it.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
10.10.2011 - 16:40
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by whatsacow on 07.10.2011 at 18:22

Written by Himann on 10.10.2011 at 13:04

Yeah exactly. There's no comfortable way of doing it.

Problem solved
----
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
10.10.2011 - 19:46
Roro
Written by X-Ray Rod on 10.10.2011 at 16:40

Problem solved

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA this is brilliant !!
11.10.2011 - 01:57
Tormentor666

I prefer to sleep on my own, of course.
----
WARFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11.10.2011 - 15:24
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
With someone, without a doubt! I sleep way better with my GF than without
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
11.10.2011 - 18:12
ANGEL REAPER
I can find the luxury in sleeping on your own ,but if you sleep with someone else you can use that persons body heat and stay warm in long cold nights.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
11.10.2011 - 19:38
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
It's difficult for me to sleep with someone else beside me because I'm very sensitive and wake up with every little sound. So, besides that "little" problem, I'm fine with sleeping with people beside me. But I guess I prefer alone.
----

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
11.10.2011 - 20:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 11.10.2011 at 19:38

It's difficult for me to sleep with someone else beside me because I'm very sensitive and wake up with every little sound. So, besides that "little" problem, I'm fine with sleeping with people beside me. But I guess I prefer alone.

Same here besides I hate when someone is in home, I cant stand sound, ok mother her BF is OK, father and his HF piss me off, + his and her friends, I realy cant sleep, Im also senistive to all of those, thats why I prefere be home alone and if Im sleep, good I have number tracker hehe I cant not ansver unnecersly calls
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.10.2011 - 23:38
Candlemass
Defaeco
With someone...fun before you go to sleep, and fun to wake up together. Or I'm just a cheesy romantic?
13.10.2011 - 08:15
Hylia
I prefer sleeping with someone because sleeping by myself really sucks. I am always cold, my bed is kind of big and feels really empty. I need like 3 blankets to keep my warm. I'd much rather be with someone.
13.10.2011 - 23:44
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Sophist on 08.10.2011 at 18:21

It's almost impossible for me to sleep in the same bed with someone else.
The only time I managed to do that I was awake for over 24 hours.

you are just mad because you shared your bed with a male friend while your brother and I shared ours with our female friends ...
*true story*
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
14.10.2011 - 21:01
Sophist
I'm not mad bro. It's just uncomfortable to fall asleep and get punched in the head by someone's hand, regardless of gender.
14.10.2011 - 21:02
ANGEL REAPER
Well i had no problem with it...when i sleep i sleep i dont sense such things.I sleep.Period.
----
17.10.2011 - 05:44
MetallicA
I put on my own but really it depends. I'm a heavy sleeper and I do like my space. I also like cuddling and the warmth of my boyfriend.

What I don't like about him is that he has sleeping disorders...it takes him forever to fall asleep and if I don't fall asleep quick enough he'll keep me awake tossing and turning and blowing his nose. For some odd reason he always gets stuffy when he goes to sleep. And he wakes up to piss like 3-4 times a night...most of the time I sleep right through it but not all the time. I can sleep 10+ hours without having to pee no problem. Also, he has night terrors...I can sleep through anything but holy fucking shit there's no way in hell I can sleep through someone screaming in my ear because he's having a nightmare! So, if he didn't have these problems, sleeping next to him would be awesome! There are some nights when none of this occurs, I just wish it was every night lol
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
18.10.2011 - 00:21
Ernis
狼獾
Written by MetallicA on 17.10.2011 at 05:44

And he wakes up to piss like 3-4 times a night...most of the time I sleep right through it but not all the time. I can sleep 10+ hours without having to pee no problem.

Does he drink a lot before going to bed then? If yes, then this might be the cause. If not, then he has perhaps some medical condition which requires treatment.

Night terrors? I heard that those people who go to bed late are more prone to have bad dreams than those who go to bed early. What's his case?

Fuck... I'm like the damn "your own personal family psychiatrist"... call 900 93939 60606... or write us!
18.10.2011 - 03:09
MetallicA
Written by Ernis on 18.10.2011 at 00:21

And he wakes up to piss like 3-4 times a night...most of the time I sleep right through it but not all the time. I can sleep 10+ hours without having to pee no problem.

Does he drink a lot before going to bed then? If yes, then this might be the cause. If not, then he has perhaps some medical condition which requires treatment.

Night terrors? I heard that those people who go to bed late are more prone to have bad dreams than those who go to bed early. What's his case?

Fuck... I'm like the damn "your own personal family psychiatrist"... call 900 93939 60606... or write us!

personal psychiatrist Yeah, I get sick of playing that role!

he has a small bladder lol It's not a medical condition. He does drink alot of water but so do I...I just have a bugger bladder than he does! Apparently he's been like that since he was a kid.

nigh terrors...yeah they fucking suck! The first time I ever heard of that was in my 12th grade psychology class and I didn't believe they were real. haha that changed when I met my boyfriend. It's really rare for an adult to have them too. He gets them alot when he's stressed out. When he's not stressed, he'll have them like twice a year. But the past few years, he's been in 2 car wrecks, lost his mom, and broke a leg...so he has them alot now. But I moved to another state for school so I sleep by myself now anyways lol
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
23.10.2011 - 18:38
whatsacow
Written by MetallicA on 18.10.2011 at 03:09

Written by Ernis on 18.10.2011 at 00:21

personal psychiatrist Yeah, I get sick of playing that role!

he has a small bladder lol It's not a medical condition. He does drink alot of water but so do I...I just have a bugger bladder than he does! Apparently he's been like that since he was a kid.

nigh terrors...yeah they fucking suck! The first time I ever heard of that was in my 12th grade psychology class and I didn't believe they were real. haha that changed when I met my boyfriend. It's really rare for an adult to have them too. He gets them alot when he's stressed out. When he's not stressed, he'll have them like twice a year. But the past few years, he's been in 2 car wrecks, lost his mom, and broke a leg...so he has them alot now. But I moved to another state for school so I sleep by myself now anyways lol

Lol. I'm a lot like your boyfriend in some of those respects. I dont go to sleep till about 3 or 4 am (sleeping disorder), I talk in my sleep, and I'm on my laptop every night in bed, either on here, or writing stories, poems, or mixing music ive recorded. She falls asleep at 8:30 - 9:00 most nights too, which is annoying for me, especially when I get annoyed at my playstation, and want to scream at it, but cant.

All I can say is thank god we're in a long distance relationship, or she'd kill me.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
28.10.2011 - 01:48
IronAngel
Me and my girlfriend have a really wide bed (well actually two identical beds together), and we basically sleep on opposite edges. Yeah, I guess it was kind of exciting to be all snuggles and cuddles some six years ago when it was all new and not regular, but it gets old fast. Especially now that we love together. We both prefer space when we sleep, especially in the summer when it gets fucking hot in our apartment. I need to be able to spread my arms around and twist and turn some, and I don't want to feel someone's breath on my face when I turn to face them. If it's cold (during the winter and fall, like now), I may slip my feet under her blanket so that we're kinda in a V form. But I just can't sleep very well if I don't have the personal space.

What can I say, I'm a romantic fool...
28.10.2011 - 16:54
Roro
Written by IronAngel on 28.10.2011 at 01:48

If it's cold (during the winter and fall, like now), I may slip my feet under her blanket so that we're kinda in a V form

hahaha i like that one
29.10.2011 - 18:37
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
I haven't slept in a bed with other people a lot of times, and it differs from time to time My sister always manages to steal all the blankets from me when we're guests at somebody else's house, so that is always unpleasant... but on school trips, when 7 of my friends and me slept in the same bunk because they were too lazy to go to their rooms, I actually felt quite comfortable, probably because I was tired.
After my prom, when a couple of my friends and me were at my boyfriend's house, I was so tired I fell asleep in my prom dress next to my boyfriend and I rested quite well. So, from my experience, if you're tired, you can sleep on just about any bed with anyone
----
7.0 means the album is good
30.10.2011 - 01:20
ANGEL REAPER
When you are drunk &/or tired you can sleep when ever you want ,where ever you want...i slept once on a thrash metal gig next to 300W speakers...
----
30.10.2011 - 01:30
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.10.2011 at 01:04

Written by Roro on 07.10.2011 at 01:01
Actually i prefer to sleep with my cats or any furry pet.

I love sleeping with a cat. I don't know about cats, but having at least one in the bed is nice.

Me too, at home me & meh kitteh share a king size bed. She has a larger share. Seiously. On one half of a bed she has a large towel with a tiger on it for hed bedding (it builds her selfesteem of being a great savage beast) and every night she falls asleep on it and every night she comes to sleep somehwere near me, and when I'm turning and tossing and trying to change my position in my sleep, she's somewhere, so I can't position myself comfortably, usually by my legs. And she sleeps there, being all ''AVE CAT POWER'', not giving a damn whether I'm comfortable or not. So that's why she has the larger share.

I also love sleeping with someone, I like talking or listening to stories before I go to sleep. In my college dorm me & my rommate always had talks before we fell asleep. Of course, I love sharing bed with my boyfriend, because it's nice to cuddle before sleeping, but we always fall asleep each on their own side of the bed. And what's very important to me, he doesn't snore! My ex snorred a lot, so I couldn't sleep in the same room wiht him.

So yea, I like both, but generally I like sleeping with someone more. I feel more secure and comfortable. I have a lot of I very much hate fuzzy stuffed animals, because they're not metal.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
30.10.2011 - 02:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AnGina-- on 30.10.2011 at 01:30

I also love sleeping with someone, I like talking or listening to stories before I go to sleep. In my college dorm me & my rommate always had talks before we fell asleep. Of course, I love sharing bed with my boyfriend, because it's nice to cuddle before sleeping, but we always fall asleep each on their own side of the bed. And what's very important to me, he doesn't snore! My ex snorred a lot, so I couldn't sleep in the same room wiht him.

this part remaiond sme one book what Mick Jager ex wife or GF wrote forgot her name, I sotha red it
they talk about pfilosofy while have a sex , before after.....

... idea of my post is, its ne nice to have intelectual such tyle convesation about thinks what both like, raerly realy , I miss those werry much but that case no alcohol involev or werry litle, it always ruin a lot og good things
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.11.2011 - 13:21
ANGEL REAPER
Sleeping with my AK-47 make me feel comfortable and safe
----
22.11.2011 - 19:15
Kennoth
Well I prefer to sleep on my own yes. As if I have a choice anyway.
----
*insert something deep and profound*