Metal Storm logo
Easy and good Bass lines?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 07.10.2006 - 16:30
Im looking for easy songs i can play on my bass so can i get better?
what would you recomend? it dont have to be metal.
06.05.2007 - 22:07
gecko
Written by Doc G. on 30.04.2007 at 09:14

Written by Valentin B on 23.03.2007 at 11:49

btw isn't slap bass a technique mainly used for hardcore?

When I think slap bass I think like funk and stuff.

Yeah, I also think in funk... but I've heard many hardcore bass players that use slap, so I think it can be said that is a technique mainly used for hardcore (talking about metal music)
11.05.2007 - 11:28
Sunioj
IVe actually seen the bassist from behemoth use slap bass on the song the act of rebellion, also on a video on youtube you can see him doing the same in NO sympathy for fools.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWioVwEP7ww
11.05.2007 - 11:55
Shadowmaker
Account deleted
Nice lines i love to play :
Led Zeppelin - What Is And What Should Never Be
Led Zeooelin - Heartbraker
Black Sabbath - Iron Man
Black Sabbath - N.I.B
Judas Priest - Revolution(intro bassline)
Iron Maiden - Blood Brothers(intro)

And do you totally need basslines to play ? Im playing guitar and keys stuff too - you can do nice Enter Sandman intro , Sad But True , Mr.Crowley of Ozzy intro organ melody(use higher register).
When my main bass was 22freted i tried to learn Deep Purple - Child In Time organ intro - now i have only 20frets and 17 are reachable , so i forgot how to play that
11.05.2007 - 11:57
Shadowmaker
Account deleted
oh yeah - wanna twist your fingers ? go for Rush - YYZ...

i think this will keep you busy for a while...

Rock on bass dude !!!
26.06.2007 - 11:58
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
a HELLUV easy one, though not particularly metal at all is Bullet by the Misfits.
in terms of metal, i would say:

Losfer Words by Iron Maiden-though if you play it without a pick all the way, it gets hella tiring
Beyond the Realms of Death by Judas Priest-fairly easy though long
Rime of the Ancient Mariner-easy though OBNOXIOUSLY long. and i mean FUCKING long

but if you want a challenge, try To Tame a Land by Iron Maiden. ridiculous.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
26.06.2007 - 18:23
NECURATU
Anybody round likes playing classical stuff on the bass? You know, cello and double bass pieces, stuff like that.
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
10.10.2007 - 11:51
Sunioj
Written by NECURATU on 26.06.2007 at 18:23

Anybody round likes playing classical stuff on the bass? You know, cello and double bass pieces, stuff like that.

You know, I used to play cello and Ive been wanting to transpose some of the stuff I learned earlier but I haven't had the luck of finding my old music let alone remembering the composer for those peaces. The only one I can really think of is Dvorjak. In terms of classical or folk stuff, I can play the tetris theme song ( which as you might know is derived from an old song ) Do you know any classical pieces that work well? I would love a suggestion.
10.10.2007 - 12:42
Too many fail.
Written by Sunioj on 10.10.2007 at 11:51

Written by NECURATU on 26.06.2007 at 18:23

You know, I used to play cello and Ive been wanting to transpose some of the stuff I learned earlier but I haven't had the luck of finding my old music let alone remembering the composer for those peaces. The only one I can really think of is Dvorjak. In terms of classical or folk stuff, I can play the tetris theme song ( which as you might know is derived from an old song ) Do you know any classical pieces that work well? I would love a suggestion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIPjaM2tPaM
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
10.10.2007 - 19:25
NECURATU
I have a pdf book with classic cello and double bass pieces if you think they'll help you...
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
12.10.2007 - 14:28
Sunioj
Thanks guys for the input, also the tapping piece is damn interesting and also helpful. Im already covered on the first page on the 'prelude on C'. And its worth the challenge so far. I just need to clean up my tempo, and fingering.
12.10.2007 - 22:32
Too many fail.
Written by NECURATU on 10.10.2007 at 19:25

I have a pdf book with classic cello and double bass pieces if you think they'll help you...

You wouldnt happen to have any nice pdf compilation of guitar fugues and etudes or something along those lines?
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
23.02.2009 - 05:15
dave666
Account deleted
Well for easy basslines you do not need metal, you need something softer.
Blink 182 - first date
White Stropes - Seven Nation Army
Here is a site with a few easy bass tabs on. Hope this helps.
http://www.howtoplaybass.co.uk/songs_for_beginners.html
23.02.2009 - 11:47
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Guest on 23.02.2009 at 05:15
Well for easy basslines you do not need metal, you need something softer.
Blink 182 - first date
White Stropes - Seven Nation Army
Here is a site with a few easy bass tabs on. Hope this helps.
http://www.howtoplaybass.co.uk/songs_for_beginners.html
Yeah, but the title is Easy and good...

When I saw the thread title I immediately thought of Black Sabbath - Snowblind (on Vol. 4). System Of A Down also did a cool version that wasn't quite as slow.

Sunioj, when I was at high school the best bassist played a lot of Bach. So did I... but not on bass.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
23.02.2009 - 15:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Some other easy bass lines:

Metallica - My Friend of Misery.. sounds really fucking good on acoustic guitar too.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/metallica/my_friend_of_misery_btab.htm

Iced Earth- Damien.. the intro is funky and necro at the same time.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/i/iced_earth/damien_ver2_btab.htm

some other interesting and fairly easy bass lines: Iced Earth- Mystical End, Manowar- Heart of Steel, Judas Priest- The Rage, Revolution(also by JP).
31.12.2010 - 23:28
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I agree with dave up there, seven nation army is SOOO easy to learn same with...
The Hand that feeds - Nine Inch Nails
Aqualung- Jethro tull
train kept a rollin' (intro) - areosmith
Sad But True- metallica
In a gadda de vida - iron butterfly
iron man - black sabbath
and for something intense try only ash reamins by necrophagist ( you need a 7 string bass) or even hammer smashed face by cannibal corpse

**AND DOES ANYBODY HAVE A BASS TAB FOR OV FIRE AND THE VOID BY BEHEMOTH! PM ME**
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
31.12.2010 - 23:35
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Doc G. on 20.03.2007 at 01:27

Pretty much anything by Wednesday 13, Ramones, or most punkish type stuff has like 3 note basslines....though there even lower than beginner, and they get boring to play fast.

actually i looked up rockaway beach by the ramones and it was pretty intense doable but intense
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
05.01.2011 - 15:06
JD
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 31.12.2010 at 23:28

hammer smashed face by cannibal corpse

I love to play this one on bass!, some other songs Megadeth - Dawn Patrol, Red hot chili - Pea every bass player should listin to these two songs...