Found in 12 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 11   Visited by: 190 users
29.01.2012 - 12:52
Rating: 10
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Pure fucking gold is what this is. Can't believe I didn't check this out sooner, as big a fan as I am of Angra this puts most of their work to shame.

Perfect combination of European and US power metal styles and still retaining that thrashy riffage. It even mixes in neoclassical heavy metal!
22.07.2012 - 17:40
Rating: 9
Aristarchos

2nd best power metal album ever, after Keeper 2.
26.09.2012 - 15:14
mandrake88
Account deleted
Duude, this album is kickin' our asses
22.02.2013 - 21:50
Guib
Thrash Talker
Yeah... well, Viper's ''Theatre Of Fate'' is clearly inspired by the work of Helloween on the Keeper albums especially the vocals. Great fucking work indeed. Classic
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
10.03.2022 - 20:12
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by Guib on 22.02.2013 at 21:50

Yeah... well, Viper's ''Theatre Of Fate'' is clearly inspired by the work of Helloween on the Keeper albums especially the vocals. Great fucking work indeed. Classic

This is only Helloween inspired in the sense that both Viper and Helloween were doing their own take on NWOBHM. This is a straight up Iron Maiden homage with their own spin. Soldiers of Sunrise came out at the same time as Keepers I. IMO this really puts the first two Viper albums into perspective because of how fresh the music was.
----
10.03.2022 - 23:01
Metal Rasputin

Absolutely fantastic album. I wish I knew this thing as a kid, would have been easily one of my favourites at the time.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
27.05.2022 - 15:33
Rating: 8
Joppe
Steelemeister
Brazilians attempting power metal the 2nd time and it's quite successful this time. If I'm being honest here, it's too melodic for my preference at some moments, however it's not extremely so as some of the european bands. The album has some strong songs, like A Cry From The Edge, that make it worth checking out
----
My vision is augmented
27.05.2022 - 15:39
JoHn Doe

I might give this a second chance, for now I don't see the big fuss many have made about this album.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
27.05.2022 - 17:41
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
I wonder if this Viper smokes crack.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

27.05.2022 - 22:17
Rating: 8
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by JoHn Doe on 27.05.2022 at 15:39

I might give this a second chance, for now I don't see the big fuss many have made about this album.

And how did it fare? I think this is not too bad for 1989, if you did this same thing in 2000s it would be obvious ripoff of the old bands. In this case it's not too unoriginal as there wasn't so many euro power before them. I see it kind of as continuation on Helloween power metal albums and close to same quality as Keepers. I mostly don't enjoy euro power, but this album was good, maybe overrated, I don't know, depends on what you seek.
----
My vision is augmented
27.05.2022 - 22:23
JoHn Doe

Written by Joppe on 27.05.2022 at 22:17

Written by JoHn Doe on 27.05.2022 at 15:39

And how did it fare? I think this is not too bad for 1989, if you did this same thing in 2000s it would be obvious ripoff of the old bands. In this case it's not too unoriginal as there wasn't so many euro power before them. I see it kind of as continuation on Helloween power metal albums and close to same quality as Keepers. I mostly don't enjoy euro power, but this album was good, maybe overrated, I don't know, depends on what you seek.

I haven't given it a new listen yet, but I will comment when I do.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.

Hits total: 5831 | This month: 18