09. Coma
10. Fried Alive
11. Intro (Totentanz)
12. Totentanz
13. Outro

Guest review by
Joey Jo Jo
Rating:
These former Celtic Frost roadies never got too much recognition from the metal world for their music, which was years ahead of its time. Perhaps having Tom G. Warrior do vocal tracks for their famous demo had them in the shadows of the famous fellow Swiss band. As far as Coroner's debut "R.I.P." goes, it lacks direction generally. Although straight forward and aggressive, one would get the feeling of blank spots here and there, and especially with all that talent going around. The classical and atmospheric intros are done quite nicely, but seem very out of place. The stuff here is pretty fast and has a monstrous plodding sound, with plenty of great and powerful leads.

Read more ››
published 14.09.2005 | Comments (0)

Found in 6 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 21   Visited by: 317 users
29.01.2012 - 19:24
Rating: 8
musicalkaratekid

An album that certainly shows coroner as a promising band, but ultimately falls short of expectations if you've listened to their other albums-a more thorough example of how good and talented a band can get. This album still has a lot of good tunes mind, like the title track and 'reborn through Hate', and the instrumentals work well on their own, but not as part of the album's flow. It's a snappy start, that's for sure.
01.12.2012 - 17:38
Maco
Pvt Funderground
What´s the problem with this album, i heard it all night and i couldn´t find a "weak" song, for me this album is a lot better than no more color.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
01.12.2012 - 18:36
Rating: 7
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Maco on 01.12.2012 at 17:38

What´s the problem with this album,

The production is just terrible, that's what's wrong!
----
rekt
01.12.2012 - 19:07
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by tea[m]ster on 01.12.2012 at 18:36

Do you mean that you judge an album by its production? that´s not good man
----
02.12.2012 - 13:03
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Maco on 01.12.2012 at 19:07

Nope, I am comparing this to other Coroner records. It's their weakest IMO. It's not bad but I like their entire discography better than this.
----
rekt
02.12.2012 - 17:57
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by Maco on 01.12.2012 at 19:07

Written by tea[m]ster on 01.12.2012 at 18:36

Why? Thats just one of the elements of an album and a perfectly good reason to judge it
02.12.2012 - 19:45
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Quote:
Why? Thats just one of the elements of an album and a perfectly good reason to judge it

well i don't know how people judge this, but is wrong in my opinion, is like judging a videogame by it's graphics
----
02.12.2012 - 20:28
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Maco on 02.12.2012 at 19:45
well i don't know how people judge this, but is wrong in my opinion, is like judging a videogame by it's graphics

No, I hardly believe it's the same thing. The point of the production is to highlight the songwriting and performance of a band but it also improves the atmosphere of an album. How can you appreciate an intricate bass line, a great solo, great drumming or a beautiful voice if everything is completely buried under a big buzz?

Or at the other end of the spectrum: How can the atmosphere of a Black Metal album cause an impression on the person who listens to it if everything sounds so clean? The point of giving an organic sound thatreminds you of nature is gone. The quality of the sound of all instruments and vocals IS a part of music. the same riff can sound in so many ways just by changing the tune, how clean it should be, etc... many of those ways WILL be awful and some of them brilliant.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
02.12.2012 - 20:46
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Maco on 02.12.2012 at 19:45

Graphics are one of the key elements of a video game actually, despite how superficial it may seem in comparison to stuff like gameplay and AI. Would Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare be as popular as it is if it looked like Finest Hour or Big Red One? If you look past the advanced graphics and the modestly improved story, they're basically the same in terms of gameplay.
I remember playing American McGee's Alice (Made by the same guy who made designs for Quake) when it first came out and it was like the coolest game in the world to me at the time. When Alice: Madness returns came out I decided to replay it, and boy was it underwhelming. Still a nice game, but so cheap in comparison to it's sequel. Quake may have that "Clunky graphics = Nostalgia" feeling, but AM's Alice doesn't. Despite it's many flaws, I enjoyed MR much more thanks to it's massive improvement in appearance and atmosphere. Graphics, while seemingly superficial, are essential if you really want to immerse yourself in the game.
14.12.2013 - 08:46
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Guest on 02.12.2012 at 20:46

Graphics are one of the key elements of a video game actually, despite how superficial it may seem in comparison to stuff like gameplay and AI. Would Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare be as popular as it is if it looked like Finest Hour or Big Red One? If you look past the advanced graphics and the modestly improved story, they're basically the same in terms of gameplay.
I remember playing American McGee's Alice (Made by the same guy who made designs for Quake) when it first came out and it was like the coolest game in the world to me at the time. When Alice: Madness returns came out I decided to replay it, and boy was it underwhelming. Still a nice game, but so cheap in comparison to it's sequel. Quake may have that "Clunky graphics = Nostalgia" feeling, but AM's Alice doesn't. Despite it's many flaws, I enjoyed MR much more thanks to it's massive improvement in appearance and atmosphere. Graphics, while seemingly superficial, are essential if you really want to immerse yourself in the game.

That would be your case because I played old games for nostalgia like MGS or Crash and it was so funny and entertaining like the first day. Those games in my opinion are much better than the sequels with better game engine.

And about the production. My old idea changed a lot since I heard Carcass first album. I think it was stupid to have made an analogy between video games and music because they are totally different.

Madness Returns bored me to death the first time. And it still does.
----
14.12.2013 - 09:08
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Maco on 14.12.2013 at 08:46

That would be your case because I played old games for nostalgia like MGS or Crash and it was so funny and entertaining like the first day. Those games in my opinion are much better than the sequels with better game engine.

And man, you took your sweet, fat time replying back. Really take you that long to come out with a decent argument?
14.12.2013 - 09:19
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Guest on 14.12.2013 at 09:08

And man, you took your sweet, fat time replying back. Really take you that long to come out with a decent argument?

I was trying to correct my own mistakes before I got to a conclusion. But yeah that took too much time.
----
10.04.2017 - 10:50
Rating: 9
essbee

This album is amazing, as is the production.
18.08.2017 - 19:57
Redel

I like the three Intros here. Though they dont quite fit the rest of the album, which is obviously a bit generic.
But it is not bad at all, in particular for a debut. It lacks variation for me. Cant even really pick a highlight, title track maybe.
Clearly not their best album.
09.12.2019 - 13:25
Rating: 8
DeathMetal

Not bad. This is my first experience with this band and I'm glad I started at this album considering everything I see says this is their worst.
22.01.2020 - 19:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
In some way we find some weird 80's bands what should split up, we wosrhip manowar, find some weird funk, drone and other soft bands, but this pure classic, own in own kind what is so rare we forgot, seems only old fans are loyal here
Its pure good music, its thrash a bit technical , a bit thrash metal rush, a bit progressive (not a genre) , instrumentals was simple awesome, its classic, we dont have such bands as this and anacrusis nowadays what plays such style. Its sad.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.01.2020 - 20:40
JoHn Doe

^ wtf?! quadruple post, that's a first, edit your posts, seriously
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
22.01.2020 - 20:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by JoHn Doe on 22.01.2020 at 20:40

Have you hear about ms server error? Maybe thats was a case, site load super slow
----

apos;'
[image]
22.01.2020 - 20:53
JoHn Doe

Written by Bad English on 22.01.2020 at 20:43

Have you hear about ms server error? Maybe thats was a case, site load super slow

You edited, yay!
Also who is "we" in your post?
And what's your point? I do like some funk, I dislike Manowar, some softer bands are fine, drone does nothing for me, and I've always liked Coroner. There you have it.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
22.01.2020 - 21:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by JoHn Doe on 22.01.2020 at 20:53

Written by Bad English on 22.01.2020 at 20:43

You edited, yay!
And what's your point? I do like some funk, I dislike Manowar, some softer bands are fine, drone does nothing for me, and I've always liked Coroner. There you have it.

point was that most people dont see good bands anymore from, the past
----

apos;'
[image]
22.01.2020 - 21:05
JoHn Doe

Quote:
Written by Bad English on 22.01.2020 at 21:02

point was that most people dont see good bands anymore from, the past

That's not true.
----

Hits total: 8988 | This month: 21