Metal Storm logo
Two good BM bands to check out: Serpent Lord & NordicWinter

24.10.2006 - 02:20
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
It's possible that I've seen some people mention Serpent Lord but I'm not sure, he's from Washington, USA (to my surprise since I live here now) I stumbled upon his work today though, and it's pretty good, especially "Forseen Pacific World Of Ash" http://serpentlord.metalhordes.com/

To my surprise, I also found another one man band from Quebec, Canada of all places, called NordicWinter. http://nordicwinter.com/releases.php

Enjoy.
26.01.2007 - 15:05
CoffinSpirit
Account deleted
Serpent Lord are great band,i have 3 songs from them and i can say that they are very good...majestic black metal,well played,nice vocals,excellent drumming and nice catchy melodies...
26.01.2007 - 23:31
BlessedMassacre
Account deleted
Serpent Lord is the project of Lord Serpent (clever, eh? haha) from the band Ceremonial Castings. (Hailing from Battle Ground, Washington, USA to be exact.) I'm a lucky lady, in that I'm from the Northwest and get to see these fellows live (Ceremonial Castings, not the Serpent Lord project).

Serpent Lord proj. and Ceremonial Castings can both be found on Myspace.com as well. /laughs
27.01.2007 - 01:53
APOHAKC
The Bard
I found them, they are cool, not like Night Cnquerors Day but cool
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
27.01.2007 - 04:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I chaked band Serpent Lord and I like it, even in MySpace was 4 songs, I listen them for new in morning and I like it, but I need listen more
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.04.2007 - 09:15
Angel Deformity
Azathoth
ive got the nordic winter cds, its decent not something id listen to all the time but got it when i ordered a tundra cd from none more black records... vocals kinda remind me a bit of judas iscariot and the drumwork is nice... overall not a bad band
24.04.2007 - 03:13
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Yeah Serpent Lord has a great sound. I really appreciate BM bands that can ballance raw speed and melodic down tempo stuff. Serpent Lord Deffently deserves a huge thumb (or 2) up.
08.05.2010 - 00:21
The Turbanator
The Order Of The Snake is a great album from Serpent Lord.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
09.05.2010 - 12:56
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
How things change over time.

I actually find Ceremonial Castings to be a bit bland now, they're ok for US symphonic bm but, kind of cheesy at the same time. I don't think it was too long after my original post of this thread that CC screwed me over as, I sent them a money order for an album or two plus, one of their band shirts and never received any thing from them - despite several corresponding e-mails about the matter.
A couple years later I brought the situation up on a NW US based extreme metal forum and, it wasn't long after before CC drummer "Old Nick" pm'ed me and rectified the issue. Nick sent me the album I had originally ordered plus, their new at the time Salem album, a couple compilation discs, a copy of his side project "Mysticism Black" and a CC Salem shirt.

As for Nordicwinter well, looks like he has his second LP coming out soon, seems a bit better than his first release but, my tastes changed as I have a hard time listening to programmed drums now. Plus, there are some MUCH better bm (mostly dsbm) bands from Quebec.
09.05.2010 - 22:28
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Those two bands are really worth listening thanks for tip
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep