Metal Storm logo
Drum Machines

09.03.2012 - 04:21
Branzig
Anyone here have any experience with drum machines? Specifically for black metal.

I am looking for either a physical machine or a strong program that I can use to mimic a black metal drummer. I want it to do more than just blast beats, I want fills as well.

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated. I am a percussion nooooob.
----
In Grind We Crust
12.03.2012 - 15:01
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Hmmm DFH?
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
13.03.2012 - 17:57
Branzig
Written by Spirit Molecule on 12.03.2012 at 15:01

Hmmm DFH?

Wow, that's actually pretty neat! I like how the drums are laid out and it would make it really easy to write fills!

Do you know if they have any other tunnings by any chance? Or if you can download "kits" from other artists? I know there is a wicked expensive program (don't remember it's name) but there are a lot of torrents where people took say Frost's drum kit, mapped the frequencies, and BLAM! you have Frost's drum kid on your desktop ready to record.
----
In Grind We Crust
13.03.2012 - 18:53
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Hmmm no clue, but I know you can do quite a bit with DFH and superior drummer
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
13.03.2012 - 21:40
Branzig
Hmmmmm Ill def have to check both of them out, they look really good for sure.

Anyone have any experience with actual drum machines, ones that aren't just computer programmed? I am leaning more towards the computer program route, but I have read that they can't cop the sound of a real drum machine (as much of an oxymoron that, that is haha)
----
In Grind We Crust
25.03.2012 - 19:18
Grody2themax
Superior drummer seems to be the standard pretty much. I'd like to get it, but I'm using acoustics beatcraft right now which is actually pretty good (and cheaper). Once you get a drum machine, download different tones for the drum parts.
27.03.2012 - 07:56
Branzig
I am leaning towards Superior...just because it seems very easy to use and I like the idea of being able to download other drummer's "kits."

Now I just need to save up some monies haha
----
In Grind We Crust