Metal Storm logo
Vinnie Paul - Founds New Band

Former Pantera/Damageplan drummer Vinnie Paul has confirmed that his new band has been officially dubbed Hell Yeah.
The lineup also features Chad Gray (Mudvayne) on vocals, Greg Tribbett (Mudvayne) on guitar, Tom Maxwell (Nothingface) on guitar, Jerry Montano (Danzig, Nothingface) on bass.
In a recent interview with BW&BK, Paul was tight-lipped about the topic: "I mean, I can't really say what's going on, but I've got some stuff I'm working on right now, some people who've been really, really cool and a lot of fun to work with. And we're just kind of keeping everything under wraps." Expect an album from Hell Yeah to surface early next year via Paul's label, Big Vin Records.

An audio sample from HellYeah is currently streaming at the group's new MySpace page, located here.

Source: metal-rules.com
Band profile: Pantera
Posted: 01.11.2006 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 46 users
01.11.2006 - 17:43
DLMokoma
Account deleted
Haha, good name for a project
01.11.2006 - 18:21
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
That name is the worst idea in a long time, as is the line-up. I hope the music is good..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
01.11.2006 - 18:33
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
"Hell Yeah"??? ha ha ha...
Mudvayne and Nothingface members together with Vinnie Paul? I can't imagine...
But in Vinnie I trust!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
01.11.2006 - 18:43
Der Meister
Account deleted
I don't really like Mudvayne from what I've heard, I'm having a bad feeling about this... but we'll see.
02.11.2006 - 03:01
Urizen367
oh god....the world is ending.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
02.11.2006 - 03:11
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Hell Yeah? Hell NO!
02.11.2006 - 03:22
Baz Anderson
Staff
i dont care about the name, i just hope im not going to be saying 'hell no' to the music!
02.11.2006 - 06:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
That's probably the most generic guitar riff I've heard in my entire life.
02.11.2006 - 10:35
Winter Death
Account deleted
Gee I hope they didn't waste too much time trying to think of that band name. The sample really isn't that impressive either.
03.11.2006 - 02:03
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Agreed with Nervel & pyro. Those vocals are awful...
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
03.11.2006 - 02:04
Gothya
hmm, I don't know exactly what to think 'bout this, I guess at least they don't sound like pantera or damageplan, cause damage plan wasn't too far from pantera's style; I heard the sample, it wasnt what I was expecting, they could sound better, although it wasnt too bad at all; not even the title, wich is so damn terrible; and yeah, it looks like they didn't think too much of the band name and I guess it's not a good beginning but maybe with their music they may recompense the name
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
04.11.2006 - 03:17
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
As expected, the Southern vibe that both of Vinnie's previous bands held is gone. Damn you Mudvayne.... *shakes fist*
04.11.2006 - 12:13
MetalUrge
Account deleted
Obviously VP wont be trying to recreate a Pantera here, but his drumming is something what we need to just look into, screw the other guys.
04.11.2006 - 18:13
metalmatt666
Account deleted
hell yeah what a name for a band f**king great!
if anyone wants to check out my website you can at: http://www.rockandmetaldomain.co.uk/ its got all the latest news in the rock and metal community please feel free to have a chat about rock and metal music.
05.11.2006 - 04:57
Drizzling Blur
Account deleted
Oh Good, he's back in business, lets see how this project will take shape.
06.12.2006 - 04:22
Thrash666
Vinnie Paul is an amazing musician and has a lot of fuckin respect from hundreds of musicians and i still dont know y he picked such a fuckin horrible line-up to be in his new band? hopefully the music doesnt totally fuckin suck
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
17.03.2007 - 17:47
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
The only part that's good about those three songs is the drumming, I really wish Pantera would get back together .
31.10.2008 - 19:20
HELL YEAH RULES

Hits total: 3296 | This month: 8