Metal Storm logo
Looking for new melodic black/death metal bands I should listen to

05.04.2012 - 17:33
s_t_s
Well it's mostly all in the title

I've been listening to Metal ever since I was a teenager, namely more than 2 decades ago, and tho I still enjoy listening and following some bands like Fear Factory, Dimmu Borgir, Amon Amarth, Dark Tranquillity, Septicflesh or Cradle of Filth, I also enjoy finding about new bands or simply bands I just didn't know before.

That's how I have discovered Fleshgod Apocalypse, Noctem, The Eternal Suffering or Dark Fortress, bands I'm truly fond of now ! This gives you an overview of the kind of metal I listen to If you have other suggestion I would be glad to hear new bands and songs. You can also check my profile to see what other bands I usually listen to.

Thank you for your attention metal fellows ! ^^
05.04.2012 - 18:27
Urs Blank
From what I understand you seem to enjoy Death metal with some blasted riffs of Black metal in it, which I'm not really that much into, but I'll go for some suggestions:
Behemoth (you've obviously heard them but just in case...)
Panzerchrist
Deströyer 666
Torchbearer
Portal
Mitochondrion

Hope this helps, but anyway I'm sure other Metalstormers will have a much more and better suggestions for you
05.04.2012 - 21:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
If the list Urs provided pleases you, then you might also like Kommandant and Arkhon Infaustus. And Anaal Nathrakh.

You should also get to know some more accessible brutal death metal bands like Hour Of Penance and Defeated Sanity.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.04.2012 - 01:31
Zombie94
Written by Guest on 06.04.2012 at 00:57

Check out Power Metal like Derdian, Power Quest, Trick Or Treat, Galneryus, Skywings, Ryu-5150 & Niusounds Laboratory

Judging by the bands he listed, he doesn't really look like a power metal kind of guy..
06.04.2012 - 02:18
theFIST
I"d say you should listen to Kataklysm, as an Amon Amarth fan you"ll probably like them from Shadows&Dust on (but probably know them anyways)
you might like some extreme thrash like Legion Of The Damned, Tribulation, The Crown
maybe also Devilish Distance
if you like behemoth you"ll probably also enjoy Azarath
on the softer, more melodic side you could try Dekadent and Arcane Grail
considring your profile mentions Marduk you could try Thy Primordial and Haemoth
i don"t know if any of that was helpful, but i hope so
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
07.04.2012 - 12:47
s_t_s
Thank you fellows for the many suggestions, just need to give them a try now

Yeah Behemoth and Kataklysm are already into my playlist, guess I didn't mention them on my profile yet. Don't know Behemoth a lot tho, sure I love Evangelion, also have their previous work whose name I cannot remember but it seems to require some more time to get into. And about Power Metal, not my dope
08.04.2012 - 15:47
s_t_s
Written by Urs Blank on 05.04.2012 at 18:27

From what I understand you seem to enjoy Death metal with some blasted riffs of Black metal in it, which I'm not really that much into, but I'll go for some suggestions:
Behemoth (you've obviously heard them but just in case...)
Panzerchrist
Deströyer 666
Torchbearer
Portal
Mitochondrion

Hope this helps, but anyway I'm sure other Metalstormers will have a much more and better suggestions for you

Have tried Panzechrist and Destroyer666 but had no instant flash, on the other hand I'm currently listening to Death Meditations by Torchbearer and I really like it ! So it's a new band to put on my wishlist, thank you ! Still need to check other bands ^^
09.04.2012 - 16:05
Urs Blank
Written by s_t_s on 08.04.2012 at 15:47

Have tried Panzechrist and Destroyer666 but had no instant flash, on the other hand I'm currently listening to Death Meditations by Torchbearer and I really like it ! So it's a new band to put on my wishlist, thank you ! Still need to check other bands ^^

Glad to know that my recommendations were not all useless
Anyway I guess you won't have any instant flash with Portal and Mitochodrion either as they are quite hard to get into.

Also I thought you might as well enjoy Rotting Christ, The Elysian Fields, Hate and God Dethroned
11.04.2012 - 15:10
s_t_s
Written by Urs Blank on 09.04.2012 at 16:05

Written by s_t_s on 08.04.2012 at 15:47

Glad to know that my recommendations were not all useless
Anyway I guess you won't have any instant flash with Portal and Mitochodrion either as they are quite hard to get into.

Also I thought you might as well enjoy Rotting Christ, The Elysian Fields, Hate and God Dethroned

Hello French fellow

I'm eagerly waiting for my copy of Torchbearer, ordered from Amazon UK ! To help you out I should add that I mostly enjoy black or death metal with some melody. I have some CDs of Deicide, Cannibal Corpse and such but don't listen to them very often. Oh I have one CD of HATE as well but it lacks originality, maybe later releases are worth listening to ?
11.04.2012 - 16:20
Urs Blank
Glad you enjoyed Torchbearer

To be honest I'm not a fan of Hate myself, but I thought it might suits your tastes. Anyway I'm clearly running out of ideas as I haven't been listening to a lot of Melodeath/black stuff lately, but be sure to check out Be'lakor and Omnium Gatherum if you're looking for some good Melodeath.

Also I thought you might change the name of the thread for something more specific like "I'm looking for some good Melodic Death/Black" or something, provided that no similar thread not already exists . This way you might have more visits and more accurate suggestions.
12.04.2012 - 12:46
Samedi
Give these girls a listen!

12.04.2012 - 14:56
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Try the third album by Woods Of Ypres.

Melo-black.

and +1 to Destroyer 666
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
13.04.2012 - 11:07
s_t_s
Written by Urs Blank on 11.04.2012 at 16:20

Glad you enjoyed Torchbearer

Also I thought you might change the name of the thread for something more specific like "I'm looking for some good Melodic Death/Black" or something, provided that no similar thread not already exists . This way you might have more visits and more accurate suggestions.

I've updated my topic title as you suggested, thanks!

I think I'm going to buy some older albums of Behemoth and Dark Fortress because I only have their last 2 albums and they're definitely two very good bands (I especially enjoy Dark Fortress changing style from fast to slow !)