Metal Storm logo
Cradle Of Filth - New Details Revealed For Upcoming Orchestral Album

Official press release:

Midnight In The Labyrinth is the latest inspired work from the UK's most successful extreme act & sets out to explore a more cinematic side with a soundtrack of classical & symphonic material; a style the band has always woven seamlessly into their compositions throughout their career. The release contains 2 discs, with disc 1 featuring an accompanying narration courtesy of Dani Filth, plus additional vocals from Sarah Jezebel Deva, notable for her history of work with the band. Disc 2 contains purely orchestral & symphonic recordings.

Taking the most requested tracks from the first four official releases, Cradle Of Filth have fulfilled audience desire by creating an album that is based on their most popular older tracks, but one that is delivered orchestrally to create a rich, haunting sonic landscape in the vein of soundtrack composers such as Jerry Goldsmith, Danny Elfman and Hans Zimmer.

Ten songs make up this 78 minute meisterwerk (including the addition of a thirteen minute aural séance that is totally unique to this release on CD1), indulging such COF classics as "Funeral In Carpathia", "The Twisted Nails Of Faith" and "Summer Dying Fast", which has already been showcased on last year's Evermore Darkly EP to a more than rapturous audience response.

"To say that Cradle fans are looking forward to this April-scheduled offering is something of an understatement, but I feel this could reach out further beyond the Metal industry, as the album has a very strong cinematic and commercial appeal" - Dani Filth

Please note: This limited edition release is available from Record Store day (April 21st) in participating countries. Online orders will be shipped from May 7th.

Midnight In The Labyrinth tracklist:

Disc I
01. A Gothic Romance (Red Roses For The Devil's Whore)
02. The Forest Whispers My Name
03. The Twisted Nails Of Faith
04. The Rape And Ruin Of Angels (Hosannas In Extremis)
05. Funeral In Carpathia
06. Summer Dying Fast
07. Thirteen Autumns And A Widow
08. Dusk And Her Embrace
09. Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids
10. Goetia (Invoking The Unclean)

Disc II
01. The Rape And Ruin Of Angels (Hosannas In Extremis)
02. Dusk And Her Embrace
03. Summer Dying Fast
04. The Twisted Nails Of Faith
05. Funeral In Carpathia
06. The Forest Whispers My Name
07. Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids
08. A Gothic Romance (Red Roses For The Devil's Whore)
09. Thirteen Autumns And A Widow

Source: theorderofthedragon.com
Band profile: Cradle Of Filth
Posted: 05.04.2012 by Array

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 157 users
05.04.2012 - 22:23
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Quote:
the album has a very strong cinematic and commercial appeal"

ugh sounds like an another atrocious harry potter theme or something.
05.04.2012 - 23:15
Hendrikse
Account deleted
Hmm... Interesting... might check this out since its an Orchestral Album
05.04.2012 - 23:42
Unhealer
Eclecticist
The idea seems to be good, but it didn't work quite well for My Dying Bride. Maybe these guys can pull it off, who knows.
I'll probably check the older song's versions. Too bad there is no Bathory Aria.
06.04.2012 - 00:06
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
I would have much preferred an orchestration album featuring NEW material and just some old songs as a bonus.

To me, these songs sounded just fine with their original recordings with keys/synths... this seems like just another CoF moneyjab.

But i do love me some symphony metal... so i'll have to see how it turns out.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
06.04.2012 - 01:00
Nergal Is God
Account deleted
"Lustmord and Wargasm" would've been incredible, but definitely checking this out!
06.04.2012 - 01:34
Ornusashas

Buying this first day!!!
----
Need to make a living somehow... http://creamandpowder.com/
06.04.2012 - 13:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
As I said yesterday in another comment, I'm looking forward to this one. Yeah, I would have liked singing on it, but the stuff I've heard so far, Summer Dying Fast (that outro, damn) and A Gothic Romance (Red Roses for the Devil's Whore), sounds amazing IMO.
----
06.04.2012 - 17:43
Aetherius

Sounds interesting!
19.02.2019 - 07:04
onathllawa

Metal stones and all available items have been shared for the candidates. The tip of the slot and best dissertation service is accessed for the reformers for the people. The sorting is done for the consumption of the highest order for the assessment of the unique tips for the parents in this ambit.

Hits total: 3889 | This month: 4