Metal Storm logo
Nile - Unveil New Album Details And New Song Online

US death metal masters Nile have revealed the tracklist for the band's upcoming release entitled At The Gate Of Sethu and the European jewel case artwork. The follow-up to Those Whom The Gods Detest (2009) will be released via Nuclear Blast Records on June 29th (Europe) and July 3rd (North America). More album details here.

At The Gate Of Sethu tracklist:

01. Enduring The Eternal Molestation Of Flame
02. The Fiends Who Come To Steal The Magick Of The Deceased
03. The Inevitable Degradation Of Flesh
04. When My Wrath Is Done
05. Slaves Of Xul
06. The Gods Who Light Up The Sky At The Gate Of Sethu
07. Natural Liberation Of Fear Through The Ritual Deception Of Death
08. Ethno-Musicological Cannibalisms
09. Tribunal Of The Dead
10. Supreme Humanism Of Megalomania
11. The Chaining Of The Iniquitous
12. Enduring The Eternal Molestation Of Flame [instrumental version] [bonus]
13. The Inevitable Degradation Of Flesh [instrumental version] [bonus]

European jewel case artwork also created by Seth Siro Anton:

UPDATE

New song "The Fiends Who Come To Steal The Magick Of The Deceased" can be found streaming online on Noisecreep.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Nile
Posted: 25.05.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments page 2 / 4

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 93   Visited by: 358 users
24.05.2012 - 15:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
To me it sounds like people are more concerned with disliking something the majority praises. I look at this and see "meh", not "oh my god this needs like 20 comments in the first 20 minutes because it's so fucking bad".
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
24.05.2012 - 15:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.05.2012 at 15:22

To me it sounds like people are more concerned with disliking something the majority praises. I look at this and see "meh", not "oh my god this needs like 20 comments in the first 20 minutes because it's so fucking bad".

Majority praises? where do you see the majority praise this piece of crap artwork?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.05.2012 - 15:24
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

well seeing as I was one of the first to comment about the artwork I don't know how you reached that conclusion.
24.05.2012 - 15:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.05.2012 at 15:23
Majority praises? where do you see the majority praise this piece of crap artwork?

I was responding to Rod's generalization of people praising modern-day Photoshop artwork.

Stuff like Septicflesh, for instance.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
24.05.2012 - 15:28
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.05.2012 at 15:16

Written by Deadmeat on 24.05.2012 at 15:15

in YOUR opinion. unless you are a "cover artwork critic"

sorry but even Stevie WOnder or Ray Charles will say this is terrible cover artwork.

sorry but i disagree. in the end, it all about taste.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
24.05.2012 - 15:28
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff

To me it sounds like people are more concerned with disliking something the majority praises.

Ehmmmm No?

How about "Just sayin what you think about it because there's nothing wrong about saying your opinion"?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
24.05.2012 - 15:29
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 24.05.2012 at 15:24
??? well seeing as I was one of the first to comment about the artwork I don't know how you reached that conclusion.

I'm not trying to say you only dislike this because you'd think it's cool or something (you're probably the last person I'd ever accuse of doing that), it's just like... I log in, check the news thread, see a pretty messy cover art, and then 90% of the comments are from three people having a continuous discussion about how awful it is.

Art is subjective and we all have opinions, so me saying I don't think it's that bad obviously doesn't mean anyone's right or wrong, I was just surprised to see so much hate over something so... "blah"?
----
24.05.2012 - 15:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 24.05.2012 at 15:28
How about "Just sayin what you think about it because there's nothing wrong about saying your opinion"?

I'd swear some of you guys ate something while I was asleep... you're saying that to the guy who probably has to post that same bullshit response three times a day in the forums.
----
24.05.2012 - 15:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.05.2012 at 15:29

I'm not trying to say you only dislike this because you'd think it's cool or something (you're probably the last person I'd ever accuse of doing that), it's just like... I log in, check the news thread, see a pretty messy cover art, and then 90% of the comments are from three people having a continuous discussion about how awful it is.

Art is subjective and we all have opinions, so me saying I don't think it's that bad obviously doesn't mean anyone's right or wrong, I was just surprised to see so much hate over something so... "blah"?

It may have snowballed into a minor circle-jerk of affirmation but yeah, I guess I just really hate shoddy artwork, especially when it becomes a pattern in a band

My issue is more with the technical side of this, even though I think conceptually it's pretty rubbish too.
24.05.2012 - 15:36
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.05.2012 at 15:31

Written by X-Ray Rod on 24.05.2012 at 15:28

I'd swear some of you guys ate something while I was asleep... you're saying that to the guy who probably has to post that same bullshit response three times a day in the forums.

The funny part is that I actually tried to search for a recent post of yours when you said that very same thing in order to quote you but I gave up after 4 pages or so.

About the other comment above.... Well, you see many discussions about 3-5 people just praising an album for different reasons and stuff. What is the problem with 3 people giving their reasons to why they think it sucks instead? Think about it.
----
Rod, let me love you.
24.05.2012 - 15:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 24.05.2012 at 15:36

What is the problem with 3 people giving their reasons to why they think it sucks instead?

Nothing at all.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.05.2012 - 15:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
What is the problem with 3 people giving their reasons to why they think it sucks instead? Think about it.

Nothing at all - it's just usually a bunch of praising comments are like... really? Why is this being hyped? It isn't even that good.

Then a bunch of hating comments are like... really? Why is this so hated? It isn't even that bad.

Again, it's all subjective/opinion/whatever other excuse, but this really just doesn't scream "kill it with fire" as the previous comments suggested.
----
24.05.2012 - 15:40
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.05.2012 at 15:37

What is the problem with 3 people giving their reasons to why they think it sucks instead?

Nothing at all.

I guess it's less welcome due to the negative tone and some curse words but besides that, there's no difference at all between those two cases.

Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.05.2012 at 15:39

Again, it's all subjective/opinion/whatever other excuse, but this really just doesn't scream "kill it with fire" as the previous comments suggested.

To me it does.... I don't even want to rape-murder it. Just murder it.
----
Rod, let me love you.
24.05.2012 - 15:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.05.2012 at 15:39

but this really just doesn't scream "kill it with fire" as the previous comments suggested.

It does to me and JOOE and Rod
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.05.2012 - 15:48
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Well, I didn't mind the previous artwork. This one definitely sucks Too bad for Seth's streak.
24.05.2012 - 15:55
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
"Ra frowns upon the new image of the record". Sounds like a good title for one of their songs
24.05.2012 - 17:05
Jiri
Wow! So many comments
24.05.2012 - 17:56
Slyfang
Written by Guest on 24.05.2012 at 13:33

Damn, these titles are long.

Welcome to Nile
24.05.2012 - 18:17
infernaldeath87
I'm pretty sure the music will be great, so who gives a shit about the artwork. I mean, really.
24.05.2012 - 18:20
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by infernaldeath87 on 24.05.2012 at 18:17

I'm pretty sure the music will be great, so who gives a shit about the artwork. I mean, really.

People that buy the album might. People that like nice art might too. Just saying.

We have threads and polls dedicated to all manner of pointless wank: "which of the big four have the better smell" etc. Discussion of artwork is legitimate conversation if you ask me

Also, I don''t have particularly high hopes for this. They've been on a decline ever since Annihilation.
24.05.2012 - 18:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 24.05.2012 at 18:20
People that buy the album might. People that like nice art might too. Just saying. Discussion of artwork is legitimate conversation if you ask me

Even though I'm not up in arms about this, artwork is indeed a legitimate thing to discuss, especially in comparison to some other crap people talk about.

It's the same reason why different publishers change the artwork of certain books - because some book covers are atrocious, while others are beautiful. I remember a slew of Puffin Classics being published with a really simple monochrome scheme that looked elegant, while some other publishing company (forget the name) changed the covers to like, these overly elaborate paintings depicting a scene from the novel but they seemed disjointed somehow. It's the same book, but one cover appeals more to me, so I'm going to buy that one instead.

Not sure where that rambling came from.
----
24.05.2012 - 18:40
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.05.2012 at 18:37

Even though I'm not up in arms about this, artwork is indeed a legitimate thing to discuss, especially in comparison to some other crap people talk about.

It's the same reason why different publishers change the artwork of certain books - because some book covers are atrocious, while others are beautiful. I remember a slew of Puffin Classics being published with a really simple monochrome scheme that looked elegant, while some other publishing company (forget the name) changed the covers to like, these overly elaborate paintings depicting a scene from the novel but they seemed disjointed somehow. It's the same book, but one cover appeals more to me, so I'm going to buy that one instead.

Well certainly for me, album/book covers influence me quite a lot in how I imagine and picture/listen to the book/music, something that stays with me until the end. Nice artwork is definitely a bonus for me.
24.05.2012 - 19:28
a MasT
Looks like curriculum from an Egyptology survey course, def one of the most interesting DM acts.
24.05.2012 - 22:00
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.05.2012 at 18:37

Written by Guest on 24.05.2012 at 18:20
People that buy the album might. People that like nice art might too. Just saying. Discussion of artwork is legitimate conversation if you ask me

When I'm on Bandcamp, and I see a nice cover, I go therebefore I go to the one with the dead goose on the front.

I indeed, judge a book by it's cover, but generally, good cover = good music, why? because when the have a nice cover, it means tehy care, they are trying to sound good and want their whole image to be good. That's not to say that ugly art-ed music isn't good, but it's definately a minus.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.05.2012 - 22:26
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Boxcar Willy on 24.05.2012 at 22:00

I indeed, judge a book by it's cover, but generally, good cover = good music, why? because when the have a nice cover, it means tehy care, they are trying to sound good and want their whole image to be good. That's not to say that ugly art-ed music isn't good, but it's definately a minus.

I don't see how it can be a minus. To me artwork and lyrics are only bonus, never minus... They can and should never affect negatively the music.

If there's an album I enjoy with a magnificent artwork, it's only going to be an extra plus, but if the artwork was horrible... then... nothing happens. The music is still amazing.
----
Rod, let me love you.
24.05.2012 - 22:31
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by X-Ray Rod on 24.05.2012 at 22:26

Written by Boxcar Willy on 24.05.2012 at 22:00

I don't see how it can be a minus. To me artwork and lyrics are only bonus, never minus... They can and should never affect negatively the music.

If there's an album I enjoy with a magnificent artwork, it's only going to be an extra plus, but if the artwork was horrible... then... nothing happens. The music is still amazing.

A cheesy cover doesn't matter, it just ruins it on the cd shelf, but chessy lyrics can definately ruin an album
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.05.2012 - 22:54
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Boxcar Willy on 24.05.2012 at 22:31

A cheesy cover doesn't matter, it just ruins it on the cd shelf, but chessy lyrics can definately ruin an album

Aaaaaah well, this is the best part that I forgot to tell: If you listen to mostly extreme metal, that won't really be a problem even if you were someone who cares about lyrics.

They are insignificant to me in the sense that they can only improve but never ruin an album. What's the point? To me that's the only way: Words are poetry, I can't hear them. Not to mention that I like to form my own meanings for music, I find music far more satisfactory that way. This lyric-thing goes straight to its shithouse the moment we are talking about different languages, then it obviously won't matter at all if you don't understand it.

Oh! The amounts of music I would miss out if I was a lyric-nazi. Let's face it, a huge load of bands, even the greatest ones have only "decent" lyrics. More than 3/4 of metal is pure shitfest of lyrics anyways.
----
Rod, let me love you.
25.05.2012 - 00:02
EdguyAsFuck
"Enduring The Eternal Molestation Of Flame"

These song titles are ace
25.05.2012 - 00:57
Illog1cal
Account deleted
If someone asked you to tell them what your favourite song from 'At The Gate of Sethu' was I think you would have a hard time remembering lol.

'Ethno-Musicological Cannibalisms' caught my eye and the jewel case art looks really impressive, as great as the album cover.
25.05.2012 - 03:37
Butters49
"Ethno-Musicological Cannibalisms"

right on.

lol.
----
"Sataaaaaaaaan. Yeah yeah!"
-King Diamond

Hits total: 7964 | This month: 15