Metal Storm logo
Rwake

05.08.2012 - 07:25
helofloki
This arkansas sludge/doom act is absolutely amazing. They have a great sense of developing a riff as well as song construction. They are dripping with raw energy fueled by something deep and primal. From their lyrics I get a sense of something between nature, society and bitterness. It's a nice mix.

I am actually new to them, their last album, Rest, only had 4 whole songs on it, and yet each one of them is a doozy. They are long and patient and rewarding. 'Was Only a Dream' is one of the best songs I have heard in a long, long time. Voices of Omens, which has been acclaimed by many, has been rocking my world for the last couple weeks. If you are not familiar with this band, know you are missing something pretty spectacular. If you are familiar with this band, let's discuss!
05.08.2012 - 16:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Loooks like happy farmers family but when I give a try plays good music
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.08.2012 - 20:28
helofloki
Two things I have noticed recently when listening to this band. 1. Their leads are really sweet. The solos are nothing fancy, mostly just classic bluesy stuff, but the choice of entry in the songs is interesting and attention grabbing with a lot of feel. It's like atmospheric solos. 2. Sections where there are acoustic guitars with R.C. just yelling over them. These sections are a strange juxtaposition, but they sound great. Rwake has just nailed these. It's an awesome sound.
05.08.2012 - 21:16
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Yeah, had the opportunity to review Rest last year and really enjoyed it. great creepy vibe.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!