Metal Storm logo
Kamelot - Premiere New Video

Symphonic power metallers Kamelot have just premiered their brand new video for the song "Sacrimony (Angel Of Afterlife)" and you can now watch it below. This song is the debut single off their forthcoming album Silverthorn, their first with new singer Tommy Karevik. The video was directed by Ivan Čolić and filmed in Belgrade, Serbia and features appearances by Amaranthe vocalist Elize Ryd and The Agonist vocalist Alissa White-Gluz.

Silverthorn hits stores on October 30th in North America, October 26th in Germany and October 29th in the rest of Europe via Steamhammer/SPV.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Kamelot
Posted: 22.10.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 48   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 325 users
22.10.2012 - 18:55
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Ok! Well, I'm actually very impressed by this song and Tommy's performance. I was honestly expecting a pop/symphony song of some kind but now I can see that Tommy was a fantastic choice. I apologize deeply to Kamelot for my lack of faith in them. This song to me is even better than everything they did on Poetry for The Poisoned (which I was rather disappointed in) so I will definitely be acquiring this album upon it's release. Fuck Time I, THIS is going to be THE symphonic metal album of the year.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

22.10.2012 - 19:02
ProgVet
That was... interesting.
22.10.2012 - 19:09
Dargor
I actually like the video. Yeah, it's very cliché from time to time, but still very well done I think.
22.10.2012 - 19:17
Rulatore
Elize Ryd looks utterly beautiful in this video, GOD.

About the music, it's very good, better than most of the songs I've heard from them

Written by psykometal on 22.10.2012 at 18:55

Fuck Time I, THIS is going to be THE symphonic metal album of the year.

I don't want to begin a discussion about styles and everything, but I felt that the symphonic approaches was quite different between these two, can't really compare them two, but it's just what I felt. (ps: I'm not saying that Time is better )

Can't wait for the album.

Edit: btw, this one is better than the Rhapsody's video
22.10.2012 - 19:28
Neroese
Account deleted
Written by Rulatore on 22.10.2012 at 19:17

Elize Ryd looks utterly beautiful in this video, GOD.

About the music, it's very good, better than most of the songs I've heard from them

Edit: btw, this one is better than the Rhapsody's video

Yup. I wan't threesome with Alissa and Elize:P (lucky Karevik). I tought that this album will fail - there's no Roy. BUt I must say that this album is Great! Better that the Poetry for the Poisoned. Really. I have top 3 for this year.

1.Silverthorn
2. Time I
3. Vanitas
22.10.2012 - 19:44
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Rulatore on 22.10.2012 at 19:17

I don't want to begin a discussion about styles and everything, but I felt that the symphonic approaches was quite different between these two, can't really compare them two, but it's just what I felt. (ps: I'm not saying that Time is better )

Well, in all honesty I have not even listened to Time I yet (just a few snippets here and there), I know what I've read of it in the review by Barry on the front page and other reviews I've read elsewhere and based on said reviews (and the few snippets I've heard) it's very obvious that the symphonic orchestrations between the 2 are vastly different so my comparison was merely based on the merit of they are both symphonic-based albums.
----

22.10.2012 - 19:52
opeth771
They have found the perfect replacement for Khan! The new song is pretty good, but please, don't even compare the symphonic aspects of this and Time I... Time I has the most epic orchestrations ever recorded in the metal world.

Back to Kamelot... This is a very solid song, it somewhat reminds me of "Farewell".... And my god, how beautiful is Elyze Ryd!
22.10.2012 - 20:35
CyberSymphony
Ollie
I like this alot, new album is sure to make my top 2012.
22.10.2012 - 20:36
Red_Travis
Not a big fan of the video, but I really like the song.
22.10.2012 - 20:39
Dargor
I like the fact that they didn't shorten the song for the clip, but actually included a part of the intro and used the last few seconds to improve the storytelling. Very well done.
22.10.2012 - 21:14
Wow ! Honestly, i was expecting Kamelot to never be able to get back up from losing Kahn, but when i heard that song, I don't have any doubt they that will.

GREAT new singer, featuring of Alissa and Eliza are very welcomed (Kind of like Simone Simmons before) and a great Kamelot of Old days sound. I am very pleased and i am now eager to go and buy that new album. I love the fact that they will get back on track, because their "Poetry for the Poisonned" left me with a bitter "do they still have something in the tank?" Well now i know they do.
22.10.2012 - 22:05
bj_waters
This ... has officially got me excited. I was pretty disappointed in the last two albums as they were flirting a little too much toward the Symphonic/Gothic sound. This sounds more like the Progressive Power of Karma. I also like the new vocalist here. They needed someone with a rich voice to help fill out their epic sound and I think he's got that down. We'll see if the album sticks to this Kamelot and not the one they've been masquerading as for the past five years.
22.10.2012 - 22:10
ManOwaR
Account deleted
I loved the great pandemonium and it looks like I'm gonna love this one, too. Sad about Kahn leaving the band but new singer is amazing! Just 2 points I'd like to make:
1st drummer tries way too much for the amount of drumming going on,
2nd In the voice of Cartman: "Intro sucks donkey balls"
22.10.2012 - 23:04
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Guest on 22.10.2012 at 22:10

1st drummer tries way too much for the amount of drumming going on,

It's just stage presence, me personally I love when drummers get into it like that for music videos and concerts instead of just sitting there like they're bored. It also goes to show that he knows what he's doing and he's confident and skilled enough at his own music that he doesn't have to focus really hard on hitting his notes.
----

23.10.2012 - 00:06
Great video. I enjoyed Poetry for the Poisoned, but I'm glad they're returning to their old sound, at least for this song. The singer is very good. He'll do a fine job of succeeding Roy.
23.10.2012 - 00:23
Akula
I am impressed. Very nice video.
The album overall it´s quite acceptable. It is amazing how Tommy ´s voice sounds EXACTLY as Khan´s.
23.10.2012 - 00:55
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Very promising! OK I'm not so scared for this album now

And thank GOD they finally starting using a female vocalist besides Simmons. Hooray for someone who can actually sing. Sounded amazing!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
23.10.2012 - 00:55
MetalSpider
Great song, and the video is pretty good (Elize and Alissa made it better in my book ...lucky Tommy!)

I'm just listening to the new album now. Tommy seems to be an excellent replacement.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
23.10.2012 - 02:08
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Irritable Ted on 23.10.2012 at 01:03

I would guess that the song was written with Roy in mind as it is so suited to his voice. It will be interesting to see if the whole album is the same.

Chances are that the next album with the new singer will have more of his natural style in it rather than having to be a Roy clone.

Seeing as how they chose a guy who can look (he probably even fits into all of Roy's old stage wardrobe) , sound and act exactly like Roy we shall see if the music is going to change or not with their next release. Honestly I don't know if I will care since Tommy's presence seems to have brought back the old energy of earlier albums that has been missing on the last couple of albums. I'm not usually one to bitch about a band changing from their old sound providing it sounds like they are actually evolving and to a certain extent Kamelot were but at the same time the last couple albums for me just seemed very lackluster like they were just going through the motions.
----

23.10.2012 - 02:50
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Irritable Ted on 23.10.2012 at 02:14

Still think Black Halo is their best work to date.

This right here. But if this song is any indication of Silverthorn then it might be a close contender for me...
----

23.10.2012 - 03:25
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Irritable Ted on 23.10.2012 at 02:57

Hope you are right. Signs are good so far.

October could be a good month. Wintersun, Whyzdom, Mob Rules and Kamelot, all ordered.

October has been a pretty good month Unfathomable Ruination, Anaal Nathrakh and Kamelot.

I'm actually gona wait til Time II is released I think, I've read a few reviews (including Barry's on front page) that all indicate it feels like an incomplete album.
----

23.10.2012 - 04:37
The Black Halo
High respect for a band that still puts the same effort and thought into music videos as they do their music. Kamelot has never fallen short in this regard, and they certainly haven't let up with the absence of Khan. There used to be a time music videos were what sold songs, glad to see a band that still takes that seriously.

And does anyone else get the absolute chills after the first chorus when Tommy says "tell me every little detail." If thats not Khan I don't know what is.
----
~But I'll await my darkest hour
When the guilt doesn't get to me~
----------------------------------------
m/ m/ m/ m/ m/ m/ m/ m/
----------------------------------------
23.10.2012 - 04:55
Opethian
Did anyone else get a Boner from listening to that? AMAZING! The last 2 Kamelot albums were 100% filler. Im glad to see them back on their feet and putting out another Timeless Classic

P.S, even if Roy was still around i doubt that it would have had such an Impact
23.10.2012 - 05:04
haladflire65
Account deleted
Written by Irritable Ted on 23.10.2012 at 01:03

I would guess that the song was written with Roy in mind as it is so suited to his voice. It will be interesting to see if the whole album is the same.

Chances are that the next album with the new singer will have more of his natural style in it rather than having to be a Roy clone.

Actually, Tommy wrote most of the vocal melodies if I'm not mistaken.

As was mentioned in the Silverthorn thread, I don't hear that many Roy/Tommy similarities other than sometimes in the lower register? I mean, there's no way anyone can claim that Tommy's a Roy clone after listening to, say, Song for Jolee. I think he has his own style, I suppose him being visually close to Roy isn't helping distinguish him. I'm hoping the next album will allow Tommy to unleash some high notes and show off his vocal prowess some more, he's capable of so much more (also said in the Silverthorn thread).
23.10.2012 - 06:40
Italics
The chorus sounds very similar to The Black Halo (the album)... which is great for me, since that is their best album IMO.

However, I feel like they put guest singers into this song simply for the sake of having guest singers... they didn't really add much to the song, and in some instances, even took away from it I thought.

Overall I'm pleasantly surprised. "Poetry For the Poisoned" was absolute garbage, and I'm not just saying that because it's so hip on MS to trash new albums by power metal bands... that album truly was awful. Ironically, Kamelot may be making a big comeback now that Khan is gone... would never have expected that.
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
23.10.2012 - 08:37
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Guest on 23.10.2012 at 05:04

Actually, Tommy wrote most of the vocal melodies if I'm not mistaken.

He doesn't mean that Roy wrote the vocals, he means that when they were writing the music they were tailoring it for a vocalist like Roy because that's the type of voice they were used to writing music for.
----

23.10.2012 - 08:40
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Written by Italics on 23.10.2012 at 06:40

it's so hip on MS to trash new albums by power metal bands

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion, and why you feel the need to make a generalised statement that appears to have a provocative motive. Why do you feel the need to label other MS users, though indirectly?
And if anything power metal goes largely ignored in comparison to other genres..
I agree about Poetry though, didn't meet my expectations, so I'm hoping for something redeeming in this album.

Anyway, that song is great and the new vocalist has certainly adjusted to an appropriate style (unless he normally sings in such a way?), a sign of talent I think.
23.10.2012 - 10:09
BudDa
Elite
Roy who?

I really enjoyed that!
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
23.10.2012 - 12:19
ArriettyNoka
I love Kamelot and Karevik and I really like the song, but I would love them more if Tommy uses his own voice/style and don't clone Roy. He has a great talent and I think he can do a big contribution to Kamelot.
23.10.2012 - 13:31
Patrick.
Cool video, one of their better ones for sure. Tommy is a perfect fit for Kamelot. Will be exciting to see if he uses even more of his talents and range on the full album... Album of the year canditate? I wouldn't be surprised if it was!

Hits total: 5013 | This month: 11