Metal Storm logo
PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One

Original post

Posted by psykometal, 28.05.2013 - 08:52
So I'm sure everybody who gives a shit about these systems already knows most/all there is to know about them currently, so this is just simply a thread to discuss them before a Console War breaks out in the Video Games thread. Discuss away...

For anybody interested but not entirely up to date:

PlayStation 4 @ Wikipedia

Xbox One @ Wikipedia

BTW I'm proud to be a PlayStation.

Poll

Pick your fave.

PlayStation 4
Fuck both!
Xbox One

Total votes: 44
12.06.2013 - 14:19
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 12.06.2013 at 14:12
A lot of things that are exclusive to begin with often end up on other systems, especially if said system is selling poorly (which is more than possible considering how the X-1 may go).

I know that Microsoft owns Rare, the company who invented Killer Instinct, so I think the chances of that ever appearing on the PS4 are extremely low. Below, I can see possibly later down the line being released on PS4 and PC, seeing as Microsoft doesn't own Capybara Games (as far as I know).
13.06.2013 - 08:03
Mattybu
Playstation 4, I've always though xbox lacked in the exclusives, oh lets go spend some more money on halo 54 i heard its literally the exact same thing as halo 53 but theres a different bullet *spends $70*. I dont even hardly know shit about either of them but since PS2 sony has been on top imo. PS3 took a little bit to get going but I always had faith in her and she was good to me and still is <3

probably more excited about new smash bros than either of these consoles though megamans in that shit.
14.06.2013 - 10:42
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
A couple funny rant videos about the X1...

----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

14.06.2013 - 16:14
BlueMobius
Account deleted
After E3, Xbox is probably losing my business. I definitely think the PS4 is going to be more of a fit for may gamer needs. It's cool and all that the Xbox One can flip over to TV in an instant and allow sidebars and stuff with Skype and Facebook. That may be for some people, but I like to be fully immersed in my game and I see those features taking away from that. I won't even get started on the whole used game thing. After a decade as an Xbox user, six years as an Xbox Live Gold subscriber, I think I'm just ready for a gaming system without all the BS.
18.06.2013 - 09:06
whatsacow
So the stuff on Xbox at E3 was on a PC, using NVIDEA 700 series. Not only is that the competitors graphics card (Xbox is using AMD), they're also using a graphics card far superior to that of the Xbox One's. None of the visuals at E3 can be believed then. Also, they were running on Windows 7, because apparently not even Microsoft like windows 8. According to Jonathon Blow ( a guy who is known to open his mouth about shit) and a few other devs, the games they showed was on PS4 was developed using a PS4 dev kit. So Microsoft pulled a Killzone 2 essentially...

This combined with their bullshit treatment of EVERYONE, saying if you don't have a stable internet connection, buy an Xbox 360. Oh and They went to Nintendo venues and tried to tell people to buy xbox products. Seriously, Microsoft, you're fucked this gen.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
18.06.2013 - 09:47
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
I just found out about that shit today. Not those specifics, but that their E3 demos were fuckin' PC vids. One of my work mates was watching the E3 vids online and noticed that the prompts in the demos were PC prompts. I love how Microsoft is saying "buy an Xbox 360 if you don't have good internet" cuz that bullshit line/excuse is only going to work for so long until game devs inevitably decide to stop developing/porting games for the 360.

Fuckin' Microsoft. I can't wait for both to finally release, I'm looking forward to seeing how the sales numbers compare. And then I'm looking forward to the long run to see just exactly how many non-Microsoft owned dev companies are going to continue to agree to develop Xbox One exclusive titles.
----

18.06.2013 - 12:04
whatsacow
Written by psykometal on 18.06.2013 at 09:47

I just found out about that shit today. Not those specifics, but that their E3 demos were fuckin' PC vids. One of my work mates was watching the E3 vids online and noticed that the prompts in the demos were PC prompts. I love how Microsoft is saying "buy an Xbox 360 if you don't have good internet" cuz that bullshit line/excuse is only going to work for so long until game devs inevitably decide to stop developing/porting games for the 360.

Fuckin' Microsoft. I can't wait for both to finally release, I'm looking forward to seeing how the sales numbers compare. And then I'm looking forward to the long run to see just exactly how many non-Microsoft owned dev companies are going to continue to agree to develop Xbox One exclusive titles.

Exactly. You know what is a better non connected console? PS4! It's next generation. Also, Wii U. PC. Microsoft really fucked themselves with that statement.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
19.06.2013 - 02:21
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Sony kicked the shit out of Microsoft at E3.
----
rekt
19.06.2013 - 03:19
Jtbmetal123
So far, it looks like Ps4 but ill see when they both come out and read some reviews.
19.06.2013 - 14:32
theFIST
Why do they have to be so damn ugly?
a rectangular block?
did they fire all designers and requested the design from a cleaning lady on the presentation date?

anyways, reading about their game policies, and having seen "8", it seems microsoft is desparately attempting to bankrupt itself
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
19.06.2013 - 15:49
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by theFIST on 19.06.2013 at 14:32

a rectangular block?
did they fire all designers and requested the design from a cleaning lady on the presentation date?

anyways, reading about their game policies, and having seen "8", it seems microsoft is desparately attempting to bankrupt itself

When has a console ever really been attractive to look at though? I can't think of a single good looking one.
19.06.2013 - 16:14
theFIST
Written by Guest on 19.06.2013 at 15:49

Written by theFIST on 19.06.2013 at 14:32

a rectangular block?

When has a console ever really been attractive to look at though? I can't think of a single good looking one.

i"d say the original xbox, the 360s and the ps3 looked a lot better than that
not really attractive, but more appealing than just a block
----
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
19.06.2013 - 16:24
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by theFIST on 19.06.2013 at 16:14

The original Xbox? You kidding? It's the most oversized vulgar console ever made. The PS3 was just a hulking great overly shiny curve and the 360 was just a bit indistinct. I'd say smaller discreet box shape consoles are by far and away the most aesthetically pleasing and they blend well into the environment (which is why "slim" models of consoles look far better than their originals.)
19.06.2013 - 16:32
theFIST
Written by Angelic Storm on 30.05.2013 at 09:18

From the very early days of console rivalry, with Sega vs Nintendo (or Mario vs Sonic!), I've always been irked by the "my console is better than yours" arguments, even when I was kid! I always saw it as very immature, and also tempered with a little bit of jealousy that there were certain games you'd never get to play if you didn't have the other console/s released in that particular generation. As someone who has owned numerous consoles throughout my life (Nes, Snes, Mega Drive, Saturn, PS1, PS2, N64, Gamecube, XBOX, XBOX 360, Game Boy Colour and 3DS), I've always been immensely frustrated with the multi console market. Having to choose between missing out on certain games, or having to buy multiple consoles, which not only is expensive, it also takes up a lot of space. Which is very noticeable, when you only live in a flat compared to a large house or a mansion! Therefore, I was really pleased when Sega stopped making consoles, and started focussing just on making games. But then Microsoft started making consoles, so....

I've always longed for the day when you could purchase a single console, and all the latest games would be available to you. I missed out on a few exclusives this generation due to not owning a PS3, which is annoying for sure. I'll probably wait till the PS4/Xbox One drops in price, and make a decision then, as I think it's too early to tell at this stage which console will be better. Graphically, I don't think either will be majorly better than their current generation counterparts, so I think the current generation will survive for at least a year after the release of the new consoles. So I'll likely hold off till then, and see where the ground lies. It's doubtful I'd buy both consoles, so I'll need to make a choice, again! Grrrr...

you"d enjoy anarchocapitalism
without the government monopolies on idea use falsely labeled intellectual property you"d just need one popular console and could get close to all games for it, if necessary slightly adapted to the console by someone outside the original developer company
----
19.06.2013 - 16:41
theFIST
Written by Guest on 19.06.2013 at 16:24

Written by theFIST on 19.06.2013 at 16:14

The original Xbox? You kidding? It's the most oversized vulgar console ever made. The PS3 was just a hulking great overly shiny curve and the 360 was just a bit indistinct. I'd say smaller discreet box shape consoles are by far and away the most aesthetically pleasing and they blend well into the environment (which is why "slim" models of consoles look far better than their originals.)

despite its size, the large x is something that shows at least some thought was put into the shape
i like that curvy shape, looked quite nice regardless of the size
well, the air slit of the 360s gave it some character, they could have built on that and included the x again.....
i want to be surrounded by thought out design objects, not boxes, i don"t live in a warehouse
----
19.06.2013 - 17:10
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by theFIST on 19.06.2013 at 16:41

despite its size, the large x is something that shows at least some thought was put into the shape

What, a gigantic box with a massive "X" slapped on top of it? Lots of thought there

I'd rather live in a room of sleek boxes than a room full of botched, ugly abstract art. After all, I don't live in the Tate Modern

Then again we've had a similar discussion like this before when you thought the hideous Aurora Borealis artwork was better than the classy and talented Vildhjarta one so it's not much of a surprise you'd favour garish consoles over sleek ones
19.06.2013 - 18:40
theFIST
Written by Guest on 19.06.2013 at 17:10

Written by theFIST on 19.06.2013 at 16:41

What, a gigantic box with a massive "X" slapped on top of it? Lots of thought there

I'd rather live in a room of sleek boxes than a room full of botched, ugly abstract art. After all, I don't live in the Tate Modern

Then again we've had a similar discussion like this before when you thought the hideous Aurora Borealis artwork was better than the classy and talented Vildhjarta one so it's not much of a surprise you'd favour garish consoles over sleek ones

not lots, but more than for just a box

if i could afford that much space i"d love to live in the tate modern

well, it is
----
19.06.2013 - 23:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Apparently Microsoft have done a U-turn on their DRM and always-online policies.
19.06.2013 - 23:18
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Guest on 19.06.2013 at 23:12

Apparently Microsoft have done a U-turn on their DRM and always-online policies.

Say what? Where did you see this? Lol.
----

19.06.2013 - 23:20
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 19.06.2013 at 23:18

Say what? Where did you see this? Lol.

Link.
19.06.2013 - 23:26
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Guest on 19.06.2013 at 23:20

Link.

Yea, I just found it on another site too. So it must be true. That sucks.
----

19.06.2013 - 23:31
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 19.06.2013 at 23:26

Yea, I just found it on another site too. So it must be true. That sucks.

Well all the sites are citing whathifi as the source, so might not be true for sure.
19.06.2013 - 23:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Of course now the Xbox One will be dubbed the Xbox 180
20.06.2013 - 00:10
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Guest on 19.06.2013 at 23:31

Well all the sites are citing whathifi as the source, so might not be true for sure.

That's the source that I find when I searched. Lol.
----

20.06.2013 - 01:03
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Guest on 19.06.2013 at 23:31

so might not be true for sure.

And the change is legit. Copy of the actual announcement by Microsoft posted here.
----

20.06.2013 - 04:26
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Guest on 19.06.2013 at 23:55

Of course now the Xbox One will be dubbed the Xbox 180

20.06.2013 - 06:58
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Alex F on 20.06.2013 at 04:26

image post

LMAO!
----

20.06.2013 - 16:36
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by theFIST on 19.06.2013 at 16:32
without the government monopolies on idea use falsely labeled intellectual property you"d just need one popular console and could get close to all games for it, if necessary slightly adapted to the console by someone outside the original developer company

Emm... I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here...

About Microsoft's U-turn, I'm glad they finally saw sense regarding some of their strict policies, but I still think unless they drop the price of the console before the release date, then Sony are going to blow them away in the sales department...
20.06.2013 - 17:57
theFIST
Written by Angelic Storm on 20.06.2013 at 16:36

Written by theFIST on 19.06.2013 at 16:32

Emm... I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here...

About Microsoft's U-turn, I'm glad they finally saw sense regarding some of their strict policies, but I still think unless they drop the price of the console before the release date, then Sony are going to blow them away in the sales department...

listen to some jeffrey tucker lectures about "intellectual property" and economic progress, then you"d probably understand

u turn? seems rather like minor exceptions in the new policies
edit: just read about it, yes, that u turn was a good idea
----