Metal Storm logo
Septicflesh - 'A Fallen Temple' Reissue Cover Revealed

While their fans are eagerly awaiting their new album, Greek extreme symphonic metal band Septicflesh has revealed today the brand new cover and the tracklist of their upcoming reissue of 1998's A Fallen Temple. The cover was designed by Seth Siro Anton and the album will be released on January 17th (January 21st in North America) via Season Of Mist. This remastered re-release includes four rare bonus tracks.

"The Last Time" is a Paradise Lost cover which was previously only available on a long sold-out tribute album to one of the Greeks biggest influences, and the last three bonus tracks come from the 1998 The Eldest Cosmonaut EP.

Tracklist:

01. Brotherhood Of The Fallen Knights
02. The Eldest Cosmonaut
03. Marble Smiling Face
04. Underwold Act 1
05. Temple Of The Lost Race
06. The Crypt
07. Setting Of The Two Suns
08. Erebus
09. Underwold Act 2
10. The Eldest Cosmonaut (Dark Mix)
11. The Last Time (Paradise Lost cover)
12. Underwold Act 3
13. Finale
14. The Eldest Cosmonaut (Single Version)

Septicflesh entered Devasoundz Studios in Athens last month to record their ninth album, the follow-up to 2011's The Great Mass. This forthcoming opus, yet untitled, should be out before summer 2014.

[Also thanks to Michaelis for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Septicflesh
Posted: 25.11.2013 by BloodJuNkie

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 34   Visited by: 230 users
25.11.2013 - 21:10
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Please, stop this madness...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
25.11.2013 - 21:22
Vombatus
Potorro
The guy does the same thing over and over again... Will he ever stop making ugly covers ?
25.11.2013 - 21:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Vombatus on 25.11.2013 at 21:22

Will he ever stop making ugly covers ?

No
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.11.2013 - 22:54

The guy does the same thing over and over again... Will he ever stop making ugly covers ?

ugly? this guy has being doing CD covers/artwork Since the last century , he has done artwork/covers for Katatonia/opeth/paradise lost & Septicflesh .and many other bands.
Your argument is invalid bro.
25.11.2013 - 23:06
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Well, some of his other stuff ain't that bad but the lady in this artwork is just plain fucking lifeless and awful.
25.11.2013 - 23:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by MaiSweettShaadow on 25.11.2013 at 22:54

ugly? this guy has being doing CD covers/artwork Since the last century , he has done artwork/covers for Katatonia/opeth/paradise lost & Septicflesh .and many other bands.

Yes? So? Doesn't take away from the fact that it's still ygly as hell, like 99% of the artwork he's done. Metal is renowned for ugly artwork which gets praised by fans and artists alike.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.11.2013 - 23:49
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.11.2013 at 23:11

Yes? So? Doesn't take away from the fact that it's still ygly as hell, like 99% of the artwork he's done. Metal is renowned for ugly artwork which gets praised by fans and artists alike.

I have to agree with Marcel. Doing a lot of covers does not exclude at all the fact they are ugly. Quantity is not quality.

Also, I'm quite familiar with Mr. Siro's works and even if some of his older works can be considered meh-ish (nothing worth of praise, but not nauseating) what I absolutely hate of his covers are the most recent ones. Septicflesh, Nile, Sybreed, Kamelot, Ex Deo and so on....
They ALL follow the same pattern: central humanoide figure with the same kind of background and a cheap copy-paste on the sides. All done with exactly the same style and basically a rehash... Not worth a crap if you ask me.
26.11.2013 - 00:12
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
SSA is probably the most overrated cover artist I can think of. His contemporary works especially are all mired in the same uncreative, uninspired Photoshop approach. Maybe take some time and apply some effort. Maybe paint something rather than spending 20 minutes on a computer figuring out how to "radically alter" your previous works.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.11.2013 - 01:31
Seriously? People hate SSA's artwork?
the hell is wrong with you all. When did we become art elitists? I think the reissue artwork has all been fantastic, as well as Siro's recent contributions o metal album art.
26.11.2013 - 01:37
bif91
I agree on the overall opinion in this thread on his artwork (specially all the latest reissued albums), but I did like The Great Mass cover. But all the artwork on their reissued albums is...really...ugh..not what I was hoping for. I did have some expectations after their 2011 album. Anyone else liked The great mass cover? (cd edition).
----
"It's the team that matters. Where would The Beatles be without Ringo? If John got Yoko to play drums the history of music would be completely different"
- David Brent
26.11.2013 - 03:04
Also Nile and Pd have artwork from this guy
26.11.2013 - 03:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by chronic-headache on 26.11.2013 at 01:31
When did we become art elitists?

If we're elitist about our taste in music, you can be sure we're elitist about our taste in art.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.11.2013 - 04:43
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
That...thing has the expression on its face like "Fuck my life, I ended up on a reissue cover".
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
26.11.2013 - 05:00
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by LeChron James on 26.11.2013 at 04:43

That...thing has the expression on its face like "Fuck my life, I ended up on a reissue cover".

Thanks for the LOL!
26.11.2013 - 08:18
andreosokin
SOUNDERY

Seth has never done any covers for Opeth or Katatonia. You must have mixed it up with Travis Smith
26.11.2013 - 12:42
Rhiannon
Account deleted
Written by chronic-headache on 26.11.2013 at 01:31

Seriously? People hate SSA's artwork?
the hell is wrong with you all. When did we become art elitists? I think the reissue artwork has all been fantastic, as well as Siro's recent contributions o metal album art.

I agree with you, but it seems we are in a minority here... I like his style, and don't have any problems with this cover or the others
26.11.2013 - 12:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by MaiSweettShaadow on 26.11.2013 at 03:04

Also Nile and Pd have artwork from this guy

So? What are you trying to say with this? That album art is crap too.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.11.2013 - 15:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.11.2013 at 12:48

Remember At the Gate of Sethu? God what a mess.
----
26.11.2013 - 15:07
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.11.2013 at 15:05

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.11.2013 at 12:48

Remember At the Gate of Sethu? God what a mess.

Yep, I am still stabbing my eyes out because of that one.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.11.2013 - 16:05
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Ugh, guys got crazy over cover art. Seriously. Ugh.

Okay, I'm more interested in listening to four rare bonus tracks than what Seth did with his cover art again.
26.11.2013 - 16:33
Eccer
I think his art are pretty darn awesome from time to time, especially The Great Mass. But I can see why people doesn't like this one.
26.11.2013 - 20:24
Mad Arab666
I still think the reissue for mystic places for dawn was his worst artwork ever. THAT. was ugly
----
Bring up the wolves head!
27.11.2013 - 16:11
s_t_s
I like this cover unlike most of you and don't even see what's wrong with it. Come on, the lastest CoF album cover (Manticore) is soooo cheesy! This one may not be a great piece of art, yet I like it and I love the Great Mass cover (but I'm talking about the digipack, don't know bout the single CD version)
27.11.2013 - 16:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by s_t_s on 27.11.2013 at 16:11
Come on, the lastest CoF album cover (Manticore) is soooo cheesy!

What's your point here? Cradle of Filth sound nothing like Septicflesh, cater to an almost entirely different audience, and that cover art was done by Matt Vickerstaff, not SSA.
----
27.11.2013 - 16:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.11.2013 at 16:36

and that cover art was done by Matt Vickerstaff...

ssst he might read this and I have a suspicion he still isn't happy about my thoughts on this CoF cover art and the one he did for My DYing Bride - A Line Of Deathless Kings
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.11.2013 - 16:43
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.11.2013 at 16:39
ssst he might read this and I have a suspicion he still isn't happy about my thoughts on this CoF cover art and the one he did for My DYing Bride - A Line Of Deathless Kings

Did you piss him off or something?
----
27.11.2013 - 16:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.11.2013 at 16:43

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.11.2013 at 16:39

Did you piss him off or something?

Actually not really. He can take criticism really well. And the first time I met him was before I knew he did cover artwork. Met him for the first time at Hellfest 2007 when the both of us were totally pissed and bitching and complaining like no tomorrow about the horrendous weather and terrible organisation of Hellfest 2007. We get along great to be honest. Had a blast with him and his girlfriend at last year's Doom Over London festival and this year's Deserfest London. It's safe to say that whenever we meet we get drunk
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.11.2013 - 20:15
Reaper_Redeemer
Seth's work is impressive once again.
And learn that in this kind of art, artists dont change usual their style cause its about technical matters and every artist has its own... In a few words its almost impossible for them to express in a different way.
27.11.2013 - 22:06
Mattybu
Interesting use of the puke stain front and centre, it's funny that this happens to be the same guy who did the Nile one because right away when I saw this, without knowing who did either, I thought "wow this looks like the cover from that Nile album".
28.11.2013 - 17:57
s_t_s
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.11.2013 at 16:36

Written by s_t_s on 27.11.2013 at 16:11
Come on, the lastest CoF album cover (Manticore) is soooo cheesy!

What's your point here? Cradle of Filth sound nothing like Septicflesh, cater to an almost entirely different audience, and that cover art was done by Matt Vickerstaff, not SSA.

I'm not talking styles in music but in artwork. And like I said I like this cover, unlike the latest CoF album cover which is reaaaaaaaaaaaaally bad ! I mean you can like or dislike this one but I'm not sure we can find anyone who likes The Manticore and Other Horrors cover

Anyway, if you come to think about it, most metal bands seem to do their best to have ugly covers I love Rage or Amon Amarth but their covers.... :/

PS : btw, funny coincidence but I happened to be listening to this album by Septicflesh and I don't see any reason to change the original cover but hey why not sell an album once if you can sell it twice ?

Hits total: 4553 | This month: 5