Colour me interested!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
04.03.2014 - 04:45
Diverge
Interesting that one song is titled Hyperion Under Glass, especially since Dirge is on the same label.
29.03.2014 - 11:47
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Think it's safe to say that this is going to be a bit good.

29.03.2014 - 17:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
A little slow to start but that ended really well.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.04.2014 - 19:22
Rating: 9
mz
New track streaming here .
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
15.04.2014 - 19:27
Rating: 8
Paz
Elite
^ Yeah, I'm still waiting until BT accept my news...
19.04.2014 - 17:08
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Everything Infestus do they do better than everyone else in their field. Their production and sound is the most rich, punchy and intense without being remotely overproduced, they balance epic melodies with moody, foreboding rhythms and riffs better than anyone else does, the drums have more personality, the vocalist is more confident and annunciates better, as well as sounding like a throaty Mikael Stanne (never a bad thing), and they just write better and more dynamic songs. Pretty safe to say this is the best black metal record I've heard this year so far.

The best tracks for me are 'Cortical Spreading Darkness' (not 'Hyperion Under Glass' like it says on MS, that track name doesn't exist) and 'Inner Reflexion'. This record doesn't have any noticeable weak points from what I can tell.

19.04.2014 - 18:18
scaesura
Written by Guest on 19.04.2014 at 17:08

Everything Infestus do they do better than everyone else in their field. Their production and sound is the most rich, punchy and intense without being remotely overproduced, they balance epic melodies with moody, foreboding rhythms and riffs better than anyone else does, the drums have more personality, the vocalist is more confident and annunciates better, as well as sounding like a throaty Mikael Stanne (never a bad thing), and they just write better and more dynamic songs. Pretty safe to say this is the best black metal record I've heard this year so far.

The best tracks for me are 'Cortical Spreading Darkness' (not 'Hyperion Under Glass' like it says on MS, that track name doesn't exist) and 'Inner Reflexion'. This record doesn't have any noticeable weak points from what I can tell.

I agree completely good sir. It's just... A step above pretty much everything else. The level of musicianship Andras displays throughout is... incredible. So far, the first real contender for AOTY for me.
19.04.2014 - 18:31
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Damn that other song is so fucking good. The riffs are addictive! D:

I went all "AW YEAH LET'S DO THIS" at 4:18.
----
Rod, let me love you.
19.04.2014 - 18:38
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Yeahhhh....this is pretty much just as good as E x | I s t. There is just too much good shit being released this year. I love it.
19.04.2014 - 19:20
Diverge
Written by Guest on 19.04.2014 at 17:08

The best tracks for me are 'Cortical Spreading Darkness' (not 'Hyperion Under Glass' like it says on MS, that track name doesn't exist) and 'Inner Reflexion'.

Yeah, I was confused about that track name there. Thanks for the clarification.
19.04.2014 - 19:49
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Diverge on 19.04.2014 at 19:20

Yeah, I was confused about that track name there. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm guessing it was changed for the reason you gave up there. I assume it's the same song anyway.
20.04.2014 - 20:09
Chobo_jokeR
This album gets better with each listen. I'd listened to all of their releases numerous times over the past couple of weeks in anticipation of this album. This exceeded my expectations. Each album is better than the last?it will be interesting to see how good the next album will be.
22.04.2014 - 22:55
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Constant Soul Corrosion is my favourite track from this album. Delicious riffs D
----
loves 小巫
25.04.2014 - 20:37
Erik M.
Sounds pretty damn great! One of the better releases this year for sure.
27.04.2014 - 21:16
koob
Well, this is FUCKING good and it keeps getting better on each listening.
28.04.2014 - 10:45
Rating: 10
Zreenco
Pretty awesome!
29.04.2014 - 19:07
musclassia
Staff
E x | I s t was probably my biggest discovery in 2011 in terms of newly-encountered bands, so I don't know if this one quite matches up to that album - I'd have to give each another listen or two. However, it's a very worthy follow-up and will likely be one of the best albums this year. I'm not that well acquainted with atmospheric black metal, but whilst this stuff doesn't appear especially unique, it's definitely done better than most of the competition.
04.05.2014 - 10:54
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Classic.

Quite impressed with drumming part. Very thick thundering, great pounding with eerie atmoshp and loud cheering of bass pedal creeping in different time slots has actually quite impressed me. Well, I wasn't quite fan of their "Des Ablebens"(last album i checked out in 2011). Unfortunately, I missed "E x | I s t" as I haven't gone through it completely(checked in bits in pieces). So, I left with BitterSOur taste on Des.

Well, this blew me away. It might be AOTY but got have to put in other rack to see how other albums unfold.
04.05.2014 - 13:58
Reaper_Redeemer
Nice nice quality black
04.05.2014 - 19:02
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
I think I like this more than Exist.... I DO like this more than Exist. It's just so fucking good. It's getting really hard for me to pick a favorite album for this year. The black metal being released is just phenomenal (Cloak of Altering, Infestus, The Great Old Ones, Epitimia, etc...)
06.05.2014 - 18:31
Czerny Reiter
I came upon Ex|Ist just last year and already we're being treated to another work!

The thing I like the most about Infestus is the composition's underlying rock & roll sensibilities. The compositional skills involved really are a cut and a half above the competition and it shows. They aren't by any means a favourite band of mine but again and again I find myself tilting the hat to their sober and, dare I say it, mature style of Black Metal.
10.05.2014 - 00:59
mz
I think I liked the previous one slightly more but this one is also very immense. The execution is so good that makes it so hard to accept infestus as one man band.
Also, am I the only one who finds his semi-clean vocals truly majestic?
----
19.05.2014 - 07:19
Arcesse Eum
This sounds to me like Deliverance era Opeth with a Mikael Stanne as vocalist... I like it.

As its own thing, however, it's quite good. It's sharp and well executed, the vocals are venomous, it could have used a bit more variety, but its purity also has its own merits.
----
As above, so below.
17.07.2014 - 18:17
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
This isn't necessarily my favorite album of 2014, but it sure as hell is the most addictive. In my iTunes each song has 47 plays....so basically I've listened to this 47 times already (in comparison Tekel-Li has 29 according to iTunes, and that's my favorite album of the year...so....yeah)
05.10.2014 - 15:21
mz
At this point, I'd say that this album is better than Ex|Ist, which says a lot. Definitely one of the best "standard" black metal records released in long time for me.
----
05.10.2014 - 17:44
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Infestus are definitely setting an example of how you are supposed to make "just" black metal.
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.10.2014 - 00:58
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by mz on 05.10.2014 at 15:21

At this point, I'd say that this album is better than Ex|Ist, which says a lot. Definitely one of the best "standard" black metal records released in long time for me.

Agreed. Rod has a good point in saying that this should basically be the standard all "just" black metal bands hope to achieve.
16.01.2015 - 00:11
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Purdy good sterf. Gonna add this to my listen later queue.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
01.05.2015 - 12:35
Joe Zombie
Really, really solid BM. Great production and enough dynamism to hold my interest throughout. Quite easily on par with Exist. Favorite track: Devouring Darkness.

Hits total: 9007 | This month: 35