Metal Storm logo
Mayhem - New Music Online

Season Of Mist Records have made a new Mayhem track, 'Anti', available for download at this location.

The track is to be featured on Mayhem's new album, "Ordo Ad Chao", tentatively scheduled for release in April.

Mayhem guitarist Blasphemer (aka Rune Erickson) recently commented on the forthcoming new album, stating: "The sound is raw and powerful, and listening to it, it reminds me of the Wolf's Lair Abyss era, only more varied and more philosophical. The album also contains the most aggressive songs in the Mayhem history as well as the most wicked and darkest."

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Mayhem
Posted: 23.01.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 25   Visited by: 2 users
23.01.2007 - 13:04
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Hmmm... I don't know...
One song doesn't reflect the entire album, but I don't like too much this one...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
23.01.2007 - 14:37
Götter
Elite
okay, this sounds pretty bad...
23.01.2007 - 15:00
NECURATU
Mayhem have always been a mighty kick in the nuts. And this song ain't an exception. Can't wait to get my hands on the album.
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
23.01.2007 - 16:00
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Attila is fukken back! The song is kind of tamed, that is the word I can use right now; good nonetheless.
----
Christless
23.01.2007 - 16:56
Sunioj
Not bad at all....
23.01.2007 - 17:34
Basso
Account deleted
After the worthless Chimera this sounds like a huuuge improvement. Atila's vocals still slay!
23.01.2007 - 18:02
Noncorpus
Yes i like this much more than Chimera.
----
';'
24.01.2007 - 01:47
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
nah....this kinda sucks, call me insane but I really dont like attilla...at all.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.01.2007 - 14:10
Hyvaarin
I liked Attila's performance. The song was ok - nothing really *wrong* with it, but it didn't strike me as being especially spectacular or memorable or anything.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
25.01.2007 - 20:34
Slyfang
baah.. am i the only one that wants Maniac back?
25.01.2007 - 21:16
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Slyfang on 25.01.2007 at 20:34

Maniac has nothing wrong in his vocals and I hold in high esteem his works with Mayhem, including those spoken parts in songs. However, Attila has this fukken unique way of screaming and these chant-like vocals that I very much enjoy. I longed to hear more works from him with Mayhem. I would also like to hear more works of Mayhem with Dead but for this reunion I will have to wait a little longer.
----
Christless
25.01.2007 - 23:57
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Hellhammer sounded great, but the song seemed just ok to me. His almost overdramatic vocals at times amuse me.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
26.01.2007 - 00:06
Kaamos
Account deleted
Don't really like the guitar sound, not sharp enough. Attila doesn't disappoint, and overall, not bad.
27.01.2007 - 00:12
Daru Jericho
I heard this song a while ago and it wasn't bad. I think I need to give it more listens though. It's certainly Attila...
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

27.01.2007 - 07:15
Manilla
Account deleted
Hey folks, at the end of this song there is clearly some spoken word recorded backwards. I was just wondering, does anyone know what the backwards statement says forwards? It can be reversed using simple sound software, my mic's just not working at the moment. Let me know, thanks!
27.01.2007 - 16:57
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Hmm, wasn't bad, actually quite liked it. Played it to it after listening 'De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas' album, didnt match up to that but still enjoyed it.

Might have to pick this new ablum up when it's released.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
03.02.2007 - 04:15
Slyfang
Written by Darth Satanious on 25.01.2007 at 21:16

Maniac has nothing wrong in his vocals and I hold in high esteem his works with Mayhem, including those spoken parts in songs. However, Attila has this fukken unique way of screaming and these chant-like vocals that I very much enjoy. I longed to hear more works from him with Mayhem. I would also like to hear more works of Mayhem with Dead but for this reunion I will have to wait a little longer.

sorry to break this to you, but Dead has been dead for like 20 years..
12.02.2007 - 05:26
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Slyfang on 03.02.2007 at 04:15

What makes you think that I don't know that Dead is dead?
----
Christless
13.02.2007 - 23:48
Slyfang
Written by Darth Satanious on 12.02.2007 at 05:26

i quote: 'I would also like to hear more works of Mayhem with Dead but for this reunion I will have to wait a little longer'
16.02.2007 - 14:01
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Slyfang on 13.02.2007 at 23:48

Written by Darth Satanious on 12.02.2007 at 05:26

i quote: 'I would also like to hear more works of Mayhem with Dead but for this reunion I will have to wait a little longer'

Yeah, a reunion in Hell once they are all dead.

I have been listening to Anti quite often these days. I have to say that this song has passed to be regarded by me as brilliant. Now what I described as tamed I look as somber, obscure. Blasphemer makes that guitar to sound like a fucking violin and Hellhammer and his drumming leave a lot to say too. It isn't as if he drums for the sake of accompanying the rest of the instruments, but he actually gets to complement the music by making what comes to be a well timed hit in the cymbals or the drums to coordinate with the end of a riff, or its change, etc. This isn't as these other Black Metal drummers that only know about keeping blast beats for like 30 seconds, throw some fancy shit, and then return to blast beats. But Hellhammer's drumming talent is nothing new to discuss about though.

Mayhem keeps on separating themselves from the rest of the pack.
----
Christless
16.02.2007 - 15:01
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Most aggresive and darkest. Yeah sure.

I'll have to hear it before I believe it. And it doesn't work. I'll try it after my return.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
21.02.2007 - 16:09
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I've heard it know and it is quite good stuff. This could be a very good release!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.02.2007 - 07:18
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

No. I dislike that song more and more every time I listen to it, the timing on it is dreadful.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.02.2007 - 04:54
Trifixion
Account deleted
To me it definitely sounds like something that needs a couple of listens before you get the jist of it. Attila however sounds as fuckin awesome as he always has.
31.03.2007 - 02:58
Mental_Orgasm
Account deleted
that song is pretty average, i hope the rest of the cd is better. Say wat u want Atilla is good but Maniac is way better in my opinion

Hits total: 2150 | This month: 7