Metal Storm logo
King Diamond

04.02.2007 - 14:35
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i've only recently discovered his work with his self-titled band, and i gotta tell you: THEY FUCKING OWN!!
and every single time that some band comes here of which i haven't heard any songs, the case with nightwish and king diamond, i download their stuff and get COMPLETELY hooked up on them.
his high pitched shrieks aren't exactly halford impersonations but he definetely has unbelievably evil voices. not to mention the "funeral" track from "abigail", where the man reciting it(king himself?) sounds 100% gollum.
now i'm desperately waiting another show from him, as i understand he is a god onstage.
04.02.2007 - 15:23
APOHAKC
The Bard
King Diamond, he is the GOD! I would burn all my CD and listen only to King Diamond, I like all his albums and everything he done, with King Diamond and Mercyful Fate both, all albums are great, yeah his show was unbelieveble, I believe we've been on same tour, he played (in Serbia) almost whole Abigail album including two songs from Abigail II - The Revenge, he started the show with Funeral and it was real amazing when he recite whole text with 1500 fanatic fans (including me), some songs from The Eye, The Eye Of The Witch was best part of the show probably, Sleepless Nights, three songs from Puppet Master including So Sad, no one expected that song, after two break he played Evil, the last song, in one moment I was afraid for my life when crowed started to riot, that was the show. Kng Diamond rule forever more, the bigget showman in the world!!! Here some pics from Belgrade show, if any have some pics from this tour, can you post it?

----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
04.02.2007 - 16:01
Valentin B
Iconoclast
no, i don't have any pics.
now that's a small arena though! and wtf is he holding in pic #2?is it an animal bone?
04.02.2007 - 18:33
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, it is not small like it looks, it is really long but you can't see that, capacity is 1500. Do you see how it looks, it is like museum but they made a concert place, only best bands can play here.
It is his mic, he carry that mic through his whole career, it is cross made by two bones.
----
05.02.2007 - 08:37
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
King Diamond is fucking awesome! I first heard his material only during the Christmas break..my favorite album is "Them"...his stuff with Mercyful Fate is awesome too...songs like Gypsy and Welcome Princess Of Hell...man, I love his voice! I've been training my vocals to sound like him to do covers in this band that I used to be in awhile ago...King Diamond is my new favorite vocalist...
11.02.2007 - 18:53
Stuff1056
Account deleted
King Diamond has no equal.
12.02.2007 - 01:23
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Guest on 11.02.2007 at 18:53

King Diamond has no equal.

You are so right, no one is bigger showman in the world, he is true King
----
12.02.2007 - 01:45
Dan066
Account deleted
King Diamond is awesome. Awesome singer, first time I heard him sing I was like "holy shit what the hell is this guy doing?!?" Bow down to the King!
12.02.2007 - 02:03
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I fucking love King Diamond, but I prefer Mercyful Fate. I was a little disappointed with The Puppet Master because he didn't sing any high notes, but the concept is still awesome. Isn't the album he's releasing this year continuing the concept from The Puppet Master?

I haven't seen him live yet, but I will some day.

oh, and Abigail owns.
12.02.2007 - 04:17
TheRealThing
Account deleted
GRANDMA WHAT WAS IT LIIIIIIIIIIKE TO BE ON THIS HOLIDAY SIIIIIIIIIITE!

I love King Diamond, its a shame I only own a best of, any studio albums I can be recommended to?
12.02.2007 - 10:37
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
Conspiracy had me hooked, I already like Mercyful Fate as it was, so I decided to give King Diamond a listen. Conspiracy is still my favourite album to date, despite House of God and Fatal Portrait also being of high quality.
12.02.2007 - 12:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 12.02.2007 at 04:17

I love King Diamond, its a shame I only own a best of, any studio albums I can be recommended to?

Almoust all albums, its like lil bock, specely lyrics one album are like small horror story about something, try etleist one album
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.02.2007 - 14:51
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 12.02.2007 at 12:50

Almoust all albums, its like lil bock, specely lyrics one album are like small horror story about something, try etleist one album

Actually K7, "Them" and Conspiracy were a joint story, as was Abigail Pt I and Abigail Pt II: The Revenge, with the latter ones being the sequels, obviously.
12.02.2007 - 21:10
Stuff1056
Account deleted

Start with Abigail. Then get Them, Conspiracy and The Eye.
12.02.2007 - 21:20
Basso
Account deleted
Definitly one of the bands I want to catch live the most at the moment. And Damn king diamond knows how to sing...
13.02.2007 - 00:58
APOHAKC
The Bard
@pyroleprechaun - yes about Puppet Master, but unfortunately peoples gets old and that is King Diamond's case, you surely noticed fe-male vocals on that album, some girls were helping him to sing some high parts. I like Puppet Master a lot and I think it is also great King's album, songs like Blue Eyes, Magic, Puppet Master, So Sad... will be classics in few years, he played So Sad and Puppet Master in Serbia and he sounded perfectly altough some girl was helping him here too, on all songs.

@TheRealThing - If you take any King Diamond album you will be statisfied, I like all King's album, my favrites are: one and only Abigail, Them, Conspiracy and Abigail II. Voodoo, Fatal Portreit and The Graveyard are also masterpieces of metal music, Spider Lullaby is little but only little weaker then other albums, maybe cause of lyrics, Puppet Master and House Of God are are maybe great but I don't think you schould get this album before you hear the others, it is little harder for listening.
----
13.02.2007 - 05:34
TheRealThing
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 12.02.2007 at 21:10

Start with Abigail. Then get Them, Conspiracy and The Eye.

Added to the shopping list, I'll probably get Abigail first, its really common. I've never seen Them or Conspiracy anywhere around my neck of the woods.
15.02.2007 - 01:10
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
"Them" has honestly got to be King Diamond's greatest album! What an amazing album! The gothic story telling concept works so great, and the songs flow so perfectly that I can't even distinctively tell the songs apart! GRANDAAAAAAAA!!!! WELCOME HOOOOME! heh
17.02.2007 - 03:35
Soundchaserdude
Account deleted
I haven't listened to them enough to make my mind about them but I find their music quite boring
17.02.2007 - 12:35
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Guest on 17.02.2007 at 03:35

I haven't listened to them enough to make my mind about them but I find their music quite boring

You didn't listen King Diamond propertly, you don't know more then few of their songs, but you have found nessecery to come here and post that you found King Diamond boring, what about listening it corectly and when you find some arguments come and start discussion. I don't go to Nightwish topic and write how they are boring, altough I hate Nightwish, if you don't like it, then leave it to people who like his higher music.
----
17.02.2007 - 20:55
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Soundchaserdude: We don't come into threads and say negative things about music without any backing information on Metalstorm...why don't you go and listen to "Them" or something...
20.02.2007 - 10:44
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I have listened to 'Abigail' and I found it a little boring...might be because I had very high expectations from what I had read in here. I think it sounded like so many other things I've heard and the vocals annoyed me at times ,but they were also great at points. Just didn't like the many shifts in singing style. Sorry but King Diamond is just not my thing yet, but he might grow on me...that is not at all impossible
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
28.04.2007 - 20:12
APOHAKC
The Bard
Great news everyone: NEW KING DIAMOND ALBUM TO BE RELEASED SOON!!!
Renzo van Soelen, the webmaster of KING DIAMOND's official web site, Coven Worldwide, has issued the following update:

"I just got off the phone with King. We talked about two hours and he gave me some very exclusive info about the forthcoming KING DIAMOND CD. King told me he had just finished recording the vocals which he had been doing for the last four weeks about six hours a day.

"In the next three weeks King and Andy [La Rocque, guitar] will be mixing and mastering the album (starting Monday, March 5).

"Is this better than 'The Puppet Master', I asked him. King started laughing and explained it as follows: 'We tried to get our driver's license for twenty years and now we finally got it. We passed the test! It's the best album ever, definitely ? there is no doubt about that, for sure. Even the work mix sounds better than any album yet. The music and story are great. I am sure these are my best vocals yet. Andy said to me that he not played solos like this since 'The Eye'. Mike [Wead, guitar] told me he has never been so inspired to do solos as on this album. And, yes, Livia is on the album too!'

"King said to me: 'I guarantee you this is the best album yet ? I am positive about it. It's more KING DIAMOND [than] there [has] ever been. It has the best KING DIAMOND top class through the whole album. The story is very dark, perhaps one of the darkest I have ever done.'

"King mentioned the intro to the album is a 'real' intro again, like where Midnight (from 'The Puppet Master') was more of a pre-song .

"Want to get a little taste of what you might expect from the lyrics? Here you go:

'Me and my black cat Magic, the beautiful house on Never Ending Hill, the little girl in the bloody dress and her dead little brother, the dark, the floating head woman, shapes of black and YOU.'

"The cover represents a little girl standing on a winding stairs in a white dress covered with blood (which actually is the blood from her little brother). I have seen the unfinished cover and I'll just know you're gonna love it! King also said that the front cover will look like a mirror.

"The album will probably be released late June/beginning of July. Nothing is certain yet but it looks that way."

The album, which will be "Gimme Your Soul ? Please", will contain the following 13 tracks:

01. The Dead (King)

02. Never Ending Hill (Andy)

03. Is Anybody Here? (King)

04. Black of Night (Andy)

05. Mirror, Mirror (King)

06. The Cellar (Andy)

07. Pictures in Red (Andy)

08. Gimme Your Soul (King)

09. The Floating Head (Andy)

10. Cold as Ice (King)

11. Shapes of Black (King)

12. The Girl in The Bloody Dress (King)

13. Moving On (King)

Revolver magazine recently reported that KING DIAMOND's new CD was inspired by a painting called "My Mother's Eyes" which the band's distributor in Denmark stumbled across while surfing the Net (and which Diamond has since bought for the new CD cover). The more Diamond looked at the image of a battered blond girl with blood covering her white dress, holding out palms affixed with protruding eyeballs, the more it captivated and inspired him. "I can feel the energy of the front cover in all the songs we wrote, and it will definitely affect my lyrics," he promised.

So???
I can't wait!!!
----
29.04.2007 - 06:40
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Awesome! A new album after four years of silence! Andy is a kickass guitarist
29.04.2007 - 07:06
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
haha it won't be possible to top Abigail, but I'm eagerly anticipating the new album anyways.
29.04.2007 - 13:47
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Guest on 29.04.2007 at 06:40

Awesome! A new album after four years of silence! Andy is a kickass guitarist

Yeah, I read that riffs are better than before (altough all musicians say that for new album) and that the story is better than ever. Anyway, I needed something new from King Diamond, and I think that this album will be awesome, like all his albums... Anyone saw cover pic?
----
29.04.2007 - 21:30
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I'm sure that you can find a torrent of a demo somewhere...
02.05.2007 - 15:21
APOHAKC
The Bard
I know it is posted in news, but still, maybe someone missed it
So here it is:

Isn't it beauty??
----
02.05.2007 - 16:24
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I was pretty dissapointed when The Puppet Master was released... it seemed like KD was out of ideas after a long, brilliant career... but let's see if 4 years wew enough for a new burst of creativity...

@aronax: yes, it is beauty hehehe
although the imagine of the pretty, youg blonde girl covered in blood and doing evil things had been rather used and abused before.
02.05.2007 - 17:42
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Guest on 02.05.2007 at 16:24

I was pretty dissapointed when The Puppet Master was released... it seemed like KD was out of ideas after a long, brilliant career... but let's see if 4 years wew enough for a new burst of creativity...

@aronax: yes, it is beauty hehehe
although the imagine of the pretty, youg blonde girl covered in blood and doing evil things had been rather used and abused before.

I heard many people complaining about Puppet Master, but I really love that album. When I heard it for the first time I thought it is weaker than other albums and that King Diamond is out of ideas but then... I started to listen to it more and more. And now I love that album, songs like MAgic, Blue Eyes, So Sad (This is really unique song by King Diamond) are awesome, and after hearing those songs alive... There is so uch power in them...
----