Metal Storm logo
Summoning - Begin Writing New Material

Today is a good day for "Tolkien metal" fans! Epic black metallers Summoning are already in the process of writing new material as stated on their official Facebook page today. They have already written new riffs and also rearranged some songs from the Old Mornings Dawn sessions.

Here is what Summoning had to say: "After having turned our attention on different things during the first half of this year, we are back to concentrate on Summoning again. There are already some new riffs composed and rearrangements have been done of songs from the O.M.D session. Protector also started to recreate our homepage, with a total new design and updated content. So the hammers are pounding loudly again in carven deep and far on the horizons the first ray of light are bearing witness of the return of the old ways ..."

So, it looks like we won't have to wait another 6 or more years for new music from this Austrian duo, or will we?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Summoning
Posted: 13.10.2014 by Account deleted

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 54   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 247 users
13.10.2014 - 18:35
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
BREAKING NEWS AT THIS HOUR: new album will be an experimentation in the Avantgarde, and include several instruments Summoning have never explored before, including mandolin, baglama, and pipe flute. Comments Silenius: "we're sick of the fucking Caladan Brood comparisons."
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
13.10.2014 - 19:03
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
I'm waiting for Erik's reaction haha
13.10.2014 - 19:04
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Erik M., make your presence here.
13.10.2014 - 19:06
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Hex, you bitch. I was about to make my post first.
13.10.2014 - 19:07
Eternity'sChild
Written by Auntie Sahar on 13.10.2014 at 18:35

BREAKING NEWS AT THIS HOUR: new album will be an experimentation in the Avantgarde, and include several instruments Summoning have never explored before, including mandolin, baglama, and pipe flute. Comments Silenius: "we're sick of the fucking Caladan Brood comparisons."

They're a lot better than Caladan Brood imo ... Whatever, it seems that we can expect an interesting album soon.
13.10.2014 - 19:07
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 13.10.2014 at 19:06

Hex, you bitch. I was about to make my post first.

Be quick or be... second.
13.10.2014 - 20:14
Zap
Written by Auntie Sahar on 13.10.2014 at 18:35

new album will be an experimentation in the Avantgarde, and include several instruments Summoning have never explored before, including mandolin, baglama, and pipe flute.

God damn you, I was actually getting excited reading this.
13.10.2014 - 20:56
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by Zap on 13.10.2014 at 20:14

God damn you, I was actually getting excited reading this.

It was my sarcastic asshole way of saying they do (almost) the same thing on every album
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
13.10.2014 - 20:57
Bananatron
This is great news, considering that I've been listening to a lot of their stuff in the past few days.
13.10.2014 - 21:15
Zap
Written by Auntie Sahar on 13.10.2014 at 20:56

It was my sarcastic asshole way of saying they do (almost) the same thing on every album

I know what you were getting at, I just didn't detect the sarcasm
13.10.2014 - 21:38
Thank the Valar!
13.10.2014 - 21:59
Gothmog_Motsham
Meow
13.10.2014 - 22:01
Erik M.
Alright, I'm here. You can all calm down.

Yes, already saw this on Facebook earlier today. Great, unexpected news indeed. Like PocketMetal said in the shoutbox a few days ago, I'd like to see a full-length album similar to Lost Tales. So yeah, a heavily atmospheric/ambient one. Then again, I also like them to go back to a more heavier (BM) sound like for example is heard on Minas Morgul.
13.10.2014 - 22:01
Erik M.
Written by Auntie Sahar on 13.10.2014 at 20:56

Meh, just admit you like Summoning instead of acting like you don't.
13.10.2014 - 22:12
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by Erik M. on 13.10.2014 at 22:01

Meh, just admit you like Summoning instead of acting like you don't.

Of course I do, doesn't mean I can't still pick fun at them
----

~ II. VII
13.10.2014 - 22:20
Erik M.
Written by Auntie Sahar on 13.10.2014 at 22:12

Of course I do, doesn't mean I can't still pick fun at them

I just think they don't get enough credit when it comes to the variety in their sound. Not saying they are a very diverse band, but their albums surely are pretty different and most are very easily distinguishable... at least to me.
13.10.2014 - 22:25
Litvin
Heh that is great surprise!
Looking forward to new material!
13.10.2014 - 22:44
Michaelis
Grear news, Old Morning Down was fantastic. Can't wait for the next album!
13.10.2014 - 22:47
mz
Good news. Looking forward to this. They just made my week.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
13.10.2014 - 22:51
PocketMetal
Written by Erik M. on 13.10.2014 at 22:01

Alright, I'm here. You can all calm down.

Yes, already saw this on Facebook earlier today. Great, unexpected news indeed. Like PocketMetal said in the shoutbox a few days ago, I'd like to see a full-length album similar to Lost Tales. So yeah, a heavily atmospheric/ambient one. Then again, I also like them to go back to a more heavier (BM) sound like for example is heard on Minas Morgul.

I don't think I said that, I haven't even heard Lost Tales yet.
OT: This is great news, and I also love Caladan Brood because they introduced me to the Malazan book series, which is way better than anything Tolkien ever wrote.
13.10.2014 - 23:04
Erik M.
Written by PocketMetal on 13.10.2014 at 22:51

OT: This is great news, and I also love Caladan Brood because they introduced me to the Malazan book series, which is way better than anything Tolkien ever wrote.

Ehh... damn, maybe it was Hex_Omega then? I really thought you said it, but clearly I was wrong.

Hah, good to see at least one Iranian to enjoy Summoning and Caladan Brood (yes, mz and Fritillaria, I'm referring to you ). I'm a fan of both bands, but Summoning is definitely superior as they pretty much pioneered the genre/style, while Caladan Brood wouldn't exist without Summoning. And also because Summoning has proven itself to be consistently great with each album they have released.
13.10.2014 - 23:04
Erik M.
Written by mz on 13.10.2014 at 22:47

Good news. Looking forward to this. They just made my week.

You're so funny.

Then again, I think you like them more than Caladan Brood, at the very least.
13.10.2014 - 23:16
mz
Written by Erik M. on 13.10.2014 at 23:04

Written by mz on 13.10.2014 at 22:47

Then again, I think you like them more than Caladan Brood, at the very least.

You can say that I hate them less than CB .
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
13.10.2014 - 23:18
Erik M.
Written by mz on 13.10.2014 at 23:16

You can say that I hate them less than CB .

Same difference. Honestly, now that I think about it, you might like their debut (Lugburz), if anything. It's their most BM album and it doesn't really sound a whole lot like the other albums.
13.10.2014 - 23:22
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by Erik M. on 13.10.2014 at 22:20

I just think they don't get enough credit when it comes to the variety in their sound. Not saying they are a very diverse band, but their albums surely are pretty different and most are very easily distinguishable... at least to me.

There is variety, it's just very, very subtle. You have to be looking for it, it's not blatantly obvious like with Devin Townsend, The Meads Of Asphodel, etc.
----

~ II. VII
13.10.2014 - 23:27
Erik M.
Written by Auntie Sahar on 13.10.2014 at 23:22

There is variety, it's just very, very subtle. You have to be looking for it, it's not blatantly obvious like with Devin Townsend, The Meads Of Asphodel, etc.

Indeed not exactly the most diverse band I can think of, but as I said, compare their albums and you'll realize their sound changed quite a lot over the years. If you're not convinced, I can give you examples, but I get the feeling you're not waiting for that.
14.10.2014 - 02:01
Opethian
I have their new album and I haven't bothered listening to it yet. I Just haven't been in a Summoning mood for a long time, but its there
14.10.2014 - 11:06
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Erik M. on 13.10.2014 at 23:04

Written by PocketMetal on 13.10.2014 at 22:51

Ehh... damn, maybe it was Hex_Omega then? I really thought you said it, but clearly I was wrong.

Nope it wasn't me. You showed me that album as a possible candidate for my EP list but somehow this album wasn't labelled as EP on MS (unlike MA).
14.10.2014 - 11:49
s_t_s
Not the kind of band I would go and see play live, but I truly enjoy the atmosphere of their album so it's another great piece of news to hear about a new album !
14.10.2014 - 14:04
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by Guest on 14.10.2014 at 03:16

SAHWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. Curious on how they tackle avant garde.

I was joking
----

~ II. VII

Hits total: 4487 | This month: 9