Metal Storm logo
Arch Enemy - Stream Judas Priest Cover

Currently on tour in North America in support of their new album War Eternal, Arch Enemy will be releasing a 7" split with Kreator, who are direct support on the run. Arch Enemy, now fronted by Alissa White-Gluz, covered the Judas Priest classic "Breaking The Law" for this special release. To hear their version of the track, just click play on the Soundcloud player available below.

Available starting at the Baltimore show (October 23rd), you can purchase this exclusive transparent red 7" (limited to 500 copies) at the merch table; it will also be available on Kreator and Arch Enemy's European tour. Side A will be Arch Enemy's version of Judas Priest's "Breaking The Law," and Side B will feature Kreator's "Iron Destiny." The artwork for the Arch Enemy side of the 7" was done by a fan: Ralfy Nuyles from the Philippines.

Michael Amott (guitar) comments: "When we do covers, we have a tendency to pick somewhat obscure songs. However, the iconic 'Breaking The Law' anthem by Judas Priest is anything but that of course! This just started with a fun jam in the studio, and during the process, we tried to make it sound as Arch Enemy as possible - it turned out pretty f'n cool, and here it is...Enjoy!"

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Arch Enemy
Posted: 25.10.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 183 users
25.10.2014 - 12:15
ANGEL REAPER
Sounds a bit forced.But nice cover though.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
25.10.2014 - 13:55
Sanderkill
This whole split thing is pathetic and pointless.
25.10.2014 - 17:35
Kamil
Account deleted
I think, that this is the best stuff from their new album
25.10.2014 - 17:36
Sword_Chant
I've never understood why some bands do this, it'd be understandable if the songs were not featured on anything else and more than 2 songs, but this song was already featured on War Eternal as a bonus track, and it's just a cover of a song, not an original.
25.10.2014 - 19:34
wrathchild
Staff
That's how covers should be done, great one Arch Enemy!
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
25.10.2014 - 19:47
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by wrathchild on 25.10.2014 at 19:34

Agreed! I think they managed to give it a nice enough spin and make it sound like Arch Enemy. This sounds really fun
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.10.2014 - 20:53
Lokasenna
Written by BloodTears on 25.10.2014 at 19:47

Written by wrathchild on 25.10.2014 at 19:34

Agreed! I think they managed to give it a nice enough spin and make it sound like Arch Enemy. This sounds really fun

I like that they took a different approach with it, but IMO it sounds a little too much like Arch Enemy and not enough like Breaking The Law - the half-time chorus for instance.
27.10.2014 - 11:14
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Lokasenna on 26.10.2014 at 20:53

I like that they took a different approach with it, but IMO it sounds a little too much like Arch Enemy and not enough like Breaking The Law - the half-time chorus for instance.

I get what you are saying but I honestly prefer when bands do this that just do the song exactly as it is all over again, it's supposed to be fun anyway. Everyone knows the song and it's a good homage.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 2415 | This month: 5