Metal Storm logo
Andrew WK

13.02.2007 - 07:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Im not sure how well hes known anymore, but one of my favorite artists of all time, there is no topic about him and he just released a new album only released in korea. lets see how well hes known around here....
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
13.02.2007 - 14:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know this band 2-3 songs and I dont like it, ist mon serius attitude to metal and rock music, ist like some parody metal,. in that case Eagles of Death metal are better
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.02.2007 - 17:29
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I've heard only 1 song: "Party Hard"
Quite catchy, but it's not my style of music
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
13.02.2007 - 19:15
tulkas
el parcero
I actually knew him after I heard the cover from children of bodom of his song 'she is beautiful'. I haerd the cover and I liked it, so I downloaded the original and thought it was good, but when I heard other songs I didn't really quite like it.
I think his music is ok, but not as good as for me to listen to it regularly.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
14.02.2007 - 08:05
TheRealThing
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 13.02.2007 at 14:10

I know this band 2-3 songs and I dont like it, ist mon serius attitude to metal and rock music, ist like some parody metal,. in that case Eagles of Death metal are better

You couldnt be more wrong dude. AWK is anything but parody. It's just a nice guy out to have some fun, and does it well. I Get Wet is one hell of an album, and for the record, comparing to Eagles of Death Metal to AWK is irrelevant. Andrew makes great tunes, and theres a reason Eagles got kicked off the Guns N' Roses tour.
15.02.2007 - 16:44
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
"She Is Beautiful" and "Party Hard" are the only Andrew W.K songs I've ever heard from his I Get Wet album in 2001...I remember six years ago when he was big here...we dubbed him party metal...that term sounds about right...
16.02.2007 - 09:53
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 15.02.2007 at 16:44

"She Is Beautiful" and "Party Hard" are the only Andrew W.K songs I've ever heard from his I Get Wet album in 2001...I remember six years ago when he was big here...we dubbed him party metal...that term sounds about right...

haha yeah...that sounds about right, what else could you classify him as? but yeah hes still an active artist, just his latest album was only released in korea so not many people have heard it.
----
- George Carlin
12.06.2007 - 11:44
Warman
Erotic Stains
Haha, he's such a nerd. Anyone seen Andrew W.K. Greets CoB on the Trashed, Lost & Strungout DVD-EP? Hillarious.
----
12.06.2007 - 22:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Warman
Yeah, he calls Children Of Bodom a Black Metal band its pretty funny.
----
- George Carlin
19.06.2007 - 22:31
Im_Haunted
Account deleted
I love Andrew W.k!
He was one of the first music videos i ever saw and for that reason he is always played on my itunes, i love his albums there are so happy and heavy.
22.06.2009 - 14:35
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
I Get Wet is one of my altime favorite albums. The energy is phenomenal. He writes everything himself which must be a daunting task. Having Donald Tardy of Obituary of the drums is also pretty cool. His follow up, The Wolf, was in my opinion very poor, too slow, the energy from the previous album completly disappeared. His third album, Close Calls with Brick Walls, is a vast improvement on The Wolf with some really good tracks. He's got a new album out this year, keeping my fingers croosed it will be back to the roots.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
25.06.2009 - 06:42
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Haddonfield on 22.06.2009 at 14:35

I Get Wet is one of my altime favorite albums. The energy is phenomenal. He writes everything himself which must be a daunting task. Having Donald Tardy of Obituary of the drums is also pretty cool. His follow up, The Wolf, was in my opinion very poor, too slow, the energy from the previous album completly disappeared. His third album, Close Calls with Brick Walls, is a vast improvement on The Wolf with some really good tracks. He's got a new album out this year, keeping my fingers croosed it will be back to the roots.

If the rumours are correct, its going to be an acoustic purely piano-vocals type album. Say what you will about the man, at least he does whatever the fuck he wants...the last album really proved that.
----
- George Carlin
26.06.2009 - 07:05
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Andrew WK doing a piano/vocals album just wouldn't do it for most people...
26.06.2009 - 11:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 26.06.2009 at 07:05

Andrew WK doing a piano/vocals album just wouldn't do it for most people...

Thats the thing, he does what he wants. Watching his interviews, reading his columns, and listening to his music, I can honestly say without any doubt or exaggeration that hes probably one of the happiest people on the planet, no joke. One of the nicest people out there, takes time to hang out with the fans, and doesn't let himself get constrained to repeat the same thing over and over. I think the album will go over well with people who have followed his career (outside of music).

Then again, maybe I'm just biased. I've been listening to him since "I Get Wet", loved all his music so far, and he is a great person to look up to on a personal level.
----
- George Carlin
26.06.2009 - 14:24
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
I'm still a bit sceptical of the forthcoming album, but he's so talented that maybe it will be good, just have to wait and see.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
06.07.2009 - 19:15
Branzig
I've been listening to WK since before he got MTV fame, and I continue to listen to his Japanese only releases. He is a killer dude with some serious talent. If you dont think so, check out him playing piano. Plus he loves his audience and always puts on a KILLER show. Broken limbs or not haha.
----
In Grind We Crust
27.10.2011 - 20:19
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 12.06.2007 at 22:28

@Warman
Yeah, he calls Children Of Bodom a Black Metal band its pretty funny.

He is right in some sense. The first couple of thier albums could be considered black metal, they had alot of the same musical elements that black metal bands have, but thats off topic. AWK is a way good band, and to me its metal.
27.10.2011 - 22:07
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 27.10.2011 at 20:19
The first couple of thier albums could be considered black metal, they had alot of the same musical elements that black metal bands have

Off-topic or not...just no.

Aside from using some of the same instruments, CoB are in no way related to black metal and comparing them to any black metal band is pure idiocy.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.10.2011 - 23:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I made the mistake of downloading a couple of his albums a while back based on the catchiness of some of the singles. What I heard was pretty appalling if I'm honest.
28.10.2011 - 06:54
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.10.2011 at 22:07

Written by Guest on 27.10.2011 at 20:19
The first couple of thier albums could be considered black metal, they had alot of the same musical elements that black metal bands have

Off-topic or not...just no.

Aside from using some of the same instruments, CoB are in no way related to black metal and comparing them to any black metal band is pure idiocy.

Not really, sure they do not look at all the same as black metal, but thier first few albums had alot of the same vocal, and instrument work, and maybe lyrics as well, but they arnt black metal and i know that.
29.10.2011 - 12:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 27.10.2011 at 23:01

I made the mistake of downloading a couple of his albums a while back based on the catchiness of some of the singles. What I heard was pretty appalling if I'm honest.

Strange, I always thought his singles were a good representation of his albums as a whole. Though his albums after The Wolf do vary a lot, and I'm not sure if they made singles from those...I haven't been following much Andrew WK lately.
----
- George Carlin