Metal Storm logo
Too Much Diversity?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 23.02.2007 - 16:55
What would your opinions be if a band was way too diverse in terms of genre? Having songs that are way apart from each other?

For example

Track #1 : 80s Power Metal
Track #2 : Brutal Death Metal
Track #3 : Folk Metal
Track #5 : Bay Area Thrash
Track #6 : Funeral Doom/Death
Track #7 : Symphonic ProgPower
Track #8 : Metalcore
Track #9 : Neoclassical Metal

Would such a band be enjoyed? Accepted?

What are the most diverse bands you have heard so far?
30.04.2007 - 02:36
(s)A!N?
Account deleted
all i can think off whos diverse .. is marilyn manson .. album wise... i knwo hes more rock than metal... but ... hes about it... and cradle of filth .. well compare their first album to the last ... its a big jump from one to another genres...
30.04.2007 - 02:36
(s)A!N?
Account deleted
all i can think off whos diverse .. is marilyn manson .. album wise... i knwo hes more rock than metal... but ... hes about it... and cradle of filth .. well compare their first album to the last ... its a big jump from one to another genres...
30.04.2007 - 02:40
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
This is about songs on one and the same album, not about the span of their career.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
30.04.2007 - 16:13
magick
Account deleted
Well it depends how well they can play each style, and how unique and talanted of a band they are. If the band's goal itself is to play something in all the styles, they have to be very flexible and be good and have the means to play each kind of music. it's all opinion really some would enjoy it others maybe wouldn't like it,...a number of factors are involved though. As long as the band is good and has the talent to do something so diverse and unique, I'm sure they will have fans.
30.04.2007 - 18:50
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
i'd absolutely love them, (provided they are good musicians and play all styles well) yet i think i'd be one of their very few fans...

after all ayreon is one of my fav bands and although the music always has it's certain patterns and arjen's trademark sound, he just keeps switching between styles ranging from stuff like country to space rock to doom metal, just about everything
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
03.05.2007 - 01:38
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Diablo Swing Orchestra covers a LOT of musical ground on their debut album - and they are receiving a great deal of (deserved) acclaim for it.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!