Metal Storm logo
Nile - Unveil New Album Details

Today is a big day for fans of Nile because the band just revealed pretty much everything about their new album. The follow-up to At The Gate Of Sethu is finally coming and will be called What Should Not Be Unearthed. The kings of technical death metal are currently in the studio wrapping up the mix of their upcoming album which was produced by Nile and mixed by Neil Kernon. The album will be released on August 28th, 2015 via Nuclear Blast Records. Also, check out the cover art that will grace the record.

The artwork was handled this time by Michal 'Xaay' Loranc.

Mastermind Karl Sanders states: "All of us in Nile are happy to announce our upcoming newest album What Should Not Be Unearthed. It's our 8th official album, and this time we believe we have a truly crushing disc to bring to metal fans. The focus this time around is on brutally Heavy Metal riffing and songwriting; kind of like of an Annihilation Of The Wicked approach but very streamlined to achieve maximum destructive impact. Our last record, At The Gates Of Sethu, was super surgically clean and very 'musicianship oriented' whereas the new disc is a polar opposite; Unearthed is aimed straight at utter metal heaviness and memorable songwriting. Although Unearthed is still full of the kind of undeniable musicianship people have come to expect from Nile over the years, it's the songs themselves that will hit listeners over the head this time around. These songs will be a blast to play live, and we are stoked at the opportunity to bring these songs to metal fans everywhere. See you on tour!"

Xaay said about the artwork: "The story behind the title goes deeply beneath everything we have already known, and we may not be ready to face. With the art I excavated the theories of an elder ancient civilization which could give the origin to ancient Egypt. That's why you can find a new ingredient in the band imagery, pointing at some higher obscure intelligence, eroding and covered with time. That trace of a dismal legacy is resembled in the outer structure which radiates from the block, sealing the unknown, and it's only an adumbration of what we will meet, once it is removed. The pyramid-shaped seal in the center doesn't contain a recipe for some Camel Stew or a Pharaoh's dining menu. An experienced eye will notice hieroglyphs taken from the Book of the Dead, or the Seven Islands of Amentet glyph - depicting the ancient Underworld, and describing the elder reign of God-kings, which had ended circa. 9850 B.C. (perhaps some similarity with that of Atlantis?). But the main thing we should not miss here is a winged scarab sign in the exact center. We all know this most common Egyptian artifact giving protection... so the message is pretty clear... I hope it may become another fine element in band's repository for the Nile themed tattoos."

Nile will hit the road together with their label mates Suffocation as special guests, to support their upcoming opus What Should Not Be Unearthed. Pre-order the album here if you wish.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Nile
Posted: 26.05.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 198 users
26.05.2015 - 20:31
Zap
Well, the artwork is slightly better than its predecessor's, so that's one baby-step in the right direction at least.
26.05.2015 - 20:36
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Cover art is ok. Just ok and nothing more I guess.
Quote:
The focus this time around is on brutally Heavy Metal riffing and songwriting; kind of like of an Annihilation Of The Wicked approach but very streamlined to achieve maximum destructive impact. Our last record, At The Gates Of Sethu, was super surgically clean and very 'musicianship oriented' whereas the new disc is a polar opposite; Unearthed is aimed straight at utter metal heaviness and memorable songwriting.

I was hoping for more eclectic music and more focus on atmosphere and oriental elements. Crushing brutality sounds ok to me but don't forget about originality. Generic death metal album is not what I am expecting from them.
26.05.2015 - 20:43
Sword_Chant
Artwork is awesome, there's not really a Nile album I dislike so looking forward to this.
26.05.2015 - 21:44
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Not holding my breath on this one. The band haven't really impressed me since Ithyphallic, and even that album had its pretty dull moments. Just wake me up when Karl Sanders drops a new solo album plz
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
26.05.2015 - 21:57
mz
Not want to get too hopeful, but everyhting about this seems to be better than the previous one.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
27.05.2015 - 02:01
Traezeus
Last album was a pretty big disappointment for me.. hopefully this is a step in the right direction. Looking forward to a single.
27.05.2015 - 06:31
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
YUMMY, if it's more heavier and kind of like of an Annihilation Of The Wicked approach
27.05.2015 - 17:16
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I'm always doubtful when bands mention older albums and going back to that approach. However, I will give this a shot even though I kind lost a bit of interest in Nile in the last few years.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
27.05.2015 - 23:54
Opethian
After 'Sethu' i know that a lot of us are hoping for a much stronger album. NILE
28.05.2015 - 05:50
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Nothing fascinates me about Nile anymore.

Dull uninspired DM bashing is what Nile was all about. Going back to roots/getting earlier records' vibes again/brutally heavy metal riffing isn't clicking with me.
29.05.2015 - 06:34
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by Alakazam on 27.05.2015 at 16:03

Heres me hoping it gets back to an In Their Darkened Shrines vibe

Seconded. That's their best release to date by far
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
30.05.2015 - 00:55
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I just loved this band till their latest effort which was awfull... the songwriting, the production, the vocals.. everything... let's hope for a huge step to the right direction....
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
30.05.2015 - 11:18
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by deadone on 28.05.2015 at 06:05

That's usually an admission of "hmmm we fucked up."

For me, it's more like they can't recreate that album again, it was a unique moment, context, line-up. And usually when bands try that, they screw up. When I think about my favourite albums, they should be left where they are
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 3239 | This month: 8